Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevil702

We have a paper thin squad im mf and no proven goalscorer. So yes it is, a bit.
I'm a fan of Big Rom and I think we're worst off without him. I just find it laughable that the same people who complained when he was part of the squad are now complaining that we've sold him and he hasn't been replaced.

It is. Lukaku is good enough, he just doesn't fit the style we play.
Nobody scores the goals he did for both Everton and West Brom if he was that bad, he just doesn't fit our system.
Fellaini was still a good option off the bench.

The problem is, it's none of these are going to be replaced which is the issue
I think we would have done fine in Ole's new system. We're not asking Rashford or Martial to play with their backs to the goal which is what Rom struggled with.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
So 65m then.

Leicester held on and got what they wanted.

We could have got our money back if we had waited. We have 3 more weeks.

We are terrible negotiators.
Inter are not us, they won’t overpay for him like we did with Maguire. I guess it’s take a hit now, I just hope we haven’t paid much of the addons we owed Everton, though I know they’re entitled to £5m from this deal regardless.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I'm a fan of Big Rom and I think we're worst off without him. I just find it laughable that the same people who complained when he was part of the squad are now complaining that we've sold him and he hasn't been replaced.

I think we would have done fine in Ole's new system. We're not asking Rashford or Martial to play with their backs to the goal which is what Rom struggled with.
Tbh, he also struggled a lot with his front to goal.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Bye bye Rom. I will miss screaming “fecking move then”, at the TV every 5 minutes you were playing

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
So is Di Marzio reliable again now that he’s tweeting stuff considered negative?

JmRssll555

before bonuses? Or with add ons?

If its with add ons, we arent getting any more
Inter are shit and not winning anything. Lukaku will take a decade to score any meaningful number of goals.

If its 80m euros guaranteed, then fine.. any less and Inter can do one
With respect, you have no idea how the bonuses might be structured. It could be as simple as another €10m once Lukaku has made 40 appearances, which means we should get the additional money next year. That suits Inter because it allows them to spread the cost for FFP purposes, plus we are virtually guaranteed the money, unless Lukaku has a major injury.

It looks like we have pretty much got our money back on Lukaku, which is fine, I think. I would agree that it's not great, given that we bought him prior to Neymar's move to PSG. Arguably, we should have turned a profit on him. However, he had a poor year last season, Ole made it clear that he wasn't first choice and he's recently been outcast from the club basically - all of those factors have an impact on his market value.

We can only hope that the club are intending to replace him. Personally, I would like to see Mandzukic brought in as a short term fix. He seems like one of the only realistic options at this point.

Lee565

This wont be a popular opinion but I would have rather united had signed David Luiz dirt cheap as short term option rather than massively over spend on Maguire and put that 80 million, plus lukaku's money towards fixing the midfield and right wing with real top quality because the best form of defence is to attack where as next season we will be defending a lot with the real lack quality in midfield and attack and defending is not even a stand out attribute of Maguire's either, Luiz would have been an improvement on our defence over smalling, Jones or bailly still and can play out from the back, defensively he has actually become better over the past 3 or 4 years.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This wont be a popular opinion but I would have rather united had signed David Luiz dirt cheap as short term option rather than massively over spend on Maguire and put that 80 million, plus lukaku's money towards fixing the midfield and right wing with real top quality because the best form of defence is to attack where as next season we will be defending a lot with the real lack quality in midfield and attack and defending is not even a stand out attribute of Maguire's either, Luiz would have been an improvement on our defence over smalling, Jones or bailly still and can play out from the back, defensively he has actually become better over the past 3 or 4 years.
You’d want to put David Luiz in our horrendously erratic defence?

prateik

Luiz is a liability defensively. How would getting a clown help us sort our defence out? Numbers is not what we need. Reliability is what we were missing .

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No thanks.

prateik

It looks like we have pretty much got our money back on Lukaku, which is fine, I think. I would agree that it's not great, given that we bought him prior to Neymar's move to PSG. Arguably, we should have turned a profit on him. However, he had a poor year last season, Ole made it clear that he wasn't first choice and he's recently been outcast from the club basically - all of those factors have an impact on his market value.
I'll be honest. I dont care if we lose money on Lukaku. We waste plenty. He is not that good. getting 60-70m for him is pretty decent.

I am just annoyed we didnt rinse Inter. I would be happy if he went for the same amount to any other club..

Hope is a total disaster.. even if it means us not getting any bonuses.

He'll probably do well though, considering how rubbish the Serie A is.

yamo123x

Youre right not a popular opinion

Feed Me

I'm hungry
78m for Lukaku including add ons

Sold at a big loss despite having three years on his deal

It’s absolutely embarrassing

Chelsea would have flogged him for a trillion

Amarsdd

No.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
€65m base fee, €13m add ons, at least 5 of which easy to reach

£72m at the current exchange. Not too shabby from Woodward

2E_MUFC

People think selling Lukaku is positive, hoping that we reinvest the money. What are you going to think when we sign no one tomorrow?

Lee565

Luiz is a liability defensively. How would getting a clown help us sort our defence out? Numbers is not what we need. Reliability is what we were missing .
Still better than smalling, Jones or bailly, if it was all about defending we wouldn't have spent 80 million on Maguire because defensively he is not a massive improvement over smalling, he isnt an England regular because of his defensive qualities but because like stones he is comfortable on the ball, I personally would rather had seen united gone into the new season with a stronger attack and midfield than defence because the best form of defence is to attack.

sparx99

Just glad to finally sell Lukaku so we can focus on who will be there. Now time for Rojo & Darmian to bugger off.

Herrera, Fellaini, Valencia, Lukaku, Darmian and Rojo out in one summer would be a significant removal of players not good enough, past their best or not a style fit. Herrera the only 'loss' in my eyes.

Hopefully, we can get one more in but personally the pre-season games have been encouraging the Gomes, Greenwood, Chong and Garner look terrific prospects.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If we don’t bring anyone else in, where’s the motivation to even turn on the telly for the Chelsea game? It will take a modern miracle to scrape a top 4 finish this year.
Yeah, you shouldn't turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.