Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
We bought him for 75m + 15m in bonuses that he won’t have achieved. He’s been fecking wank. And people STILL moan when we get our money back. Give me fecking strength

Amarsdd

78m for Lukaku including add ons

Sold at a big loss despite having three years on his deal

It’s absolutely embarrassing

Chelsea would have flogged him for a trillion
Yeah, Ed is a businessman who doesn't know how to do business. I could do business much better.
Hopefully, you were being sarcastic as well.

sparx99

Am I missing something?

We have sold a proven scorer at a good age with three years left on his deal for a loss

Do you think that is acceptable in this market?
We paid £75m plus £15m in add ons that mostly weren't achieved.

prateik

Closer to 74 isn't it?
https://www.google.com/search?q=Euros+to+GBP
72.03.. and that is with add ons.
60m guaranteed..
apparently 4.6m in easily achievable bonuses.
7.4m in not so easy to achieve, aka, not happening.

Less than 65m. bit of that goes to Everton.

Woodward needs to be replaced. The guy has a face of a clown. No wonder he is shit at negotiating. No one can go into a meeting with that idiot and feel intimidated.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I don't know where some of you are getting your euros from, 2007 perhaps?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We bought him for 75m + 15m in bonuses that he won’t have achieved. He’s been fecking wank. And people STILL moan when we get our money back. Give me fecking strength
We are not getting our money back though, only if he hits his bonuses for Inter

Also, he has three years left on his deal in a runaway inflation market - any sort of loss is a shambles

prateik

Still better than smalling, Jones or bailly, if it was all about defending we wouldn't have spent 80 million on Maguire because defensively he is not a massive improvement over smalling, he isnt an England regular because of his defensive qualities but because like stones he is comfortable on the ball, I personally would rather had seen united gone into the new season with a stronger attack and midfield than defence because the best form of defence is to attack.
Not in a million years. He is shockingly bad

RedDevilRoshi

What do we think - will we reinvest the Lukaku money by end of business tomorrow?
Hopefully but not confident we will. Unfortunately think this will be our final piece of business done in this window. Hope I’m wrong though.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So at best we are breaking even on a proven goal scorer at a good age with three years left on his deal

:lol:
Yep. Which leaves us with one potential goalscorer who does not seem to know when to shoot and when not to, another who the slightest thing sends him into mental anguish and another who is a child.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
https://www.google.com/search?q=Euros+to+GBP
72.03.. and that is with add ons.
60m guaranteed..
apparently 4.6m in easily achievable bonuses.
7.4m in not so easy to achieve, aka, not happening.

Less than 65m. bit of that goes to Everton.

Woodward needs to be replaced. The guy has a face of a clown. No wonder he is shit at negotiating. No one can go into a meeting with that idiot and feel intimidated.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're not a fan of Woodward?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Do you think his value has increased since he signed for us?
He has a 1 in 2 record for a poor ‘top side’, has scored goals throughout his career, is a good age and has three years left on his contract in a market where he was highly sought after

I think a competent negotiating team would have done a better job for us

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are not getting our money back though, only if he hits his bonuses for Inter

Also, he has three years left on his deal in a runaway inflation market - any sort of loss is a shambles
Are you kidding? You managed to get most of the initial fee back for an unwanted player, desperate to leave, with only one club interested, after a very poor season. That was very good business from Woodward

Also of note, it almost certainly registers as a profit on your books, which once again, are the only thing that matters for a club like United

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Absolutely gutted Inter are getting what they want. Cheap little pricks have won their battle against us. The Dybala swap was literally perfect in every way.
Everyway apart from the fact he didn't want to come? Amazing that pal. This isn't FIFA.

Berbaclass

He has a 1 in 2 record for a poor ‘top side’, has scored goals throughout his career, is a good age and has three years left on his contract in a market where he was highly sought after

I think a competent negotiating team would have done a better job for us
He's desperate to leave, to the point of going AWOL. I'd like to see anyone try and negotiate a better deal when we have very little leverage to any deal.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Are you kidding? You managed to get most of the initial fee back for an unwanted player, desperate to leave, with only one club interested, after a very poor season. That was very good business from Woodward

Also of note, it almost certainly registers as a profit on your books, which once again, are the only thing that matters for a club like United
That profit won’t mean much when we finish sixth or worse this season - the margin will soon erode

This is why pure money men shouldn’t be allowed to run football club, they don’t understand the nuance

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Selling Lukaku is good but we're going into the season having lost Herrera and him, and not signing any replacements. It's a scary thought if I'm being honest.
It would be an absolute disgrace and it will 100% backfire.

Berbaclass

That profit won’t mean much when we finish sixth or worse this season - the margin will soon erode

This is why pure money men shouldn’t be allowed to run football club, they don’t understand the nuance
I think former investment banker Woodward understands the clubs finances better than you.

prateik

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're not a fan of Woodward?

Who wouldn't love this guy..
CEO of our club. In charge of our managerial recruitment. In charge of our transfers. Doing a great job.

6 years of success.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Lukaku being desperate to leave and the club wanting him gone isn't on the money men though

Xaviboy

Inter still have 3 weeks to get this transfer done. If they agreed deal today that makes me think we're going to try and replacement in before 5pm 2mo.

spaceboyRSA

Who wouldn't love this guy..
CEO of our club. In charge of our managerial recruitment. In charge of our transfers. Doing a great job.

6 years of success.
Most people would struggle to consistently take such failure on the chin.

Luckily Woodward doesn't seem to have a chin in that photo

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I think former investment banker Woodward understands the clubs finances better than you.
You’re cutting your nose off to spite your face in this argument - are you happy with Woodward?

The bloke gave Rooney and Sanchez absolute mega deals when they were busted flushes

Investment banker or not he’s fecking clueless

dove

Inter still have 3 weeks to get this transfer done. If they agreed deal today that makes me think we're going to try and replacement in before 5pm 2mo.
I think it's just that the offer is acceptable for us and we just want to save paying him wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.