Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know what to think about all this. On the one hand it seems like a huge risk if there is a compulsory purchase and would stop the growing of Rodrygo or Vini.
What will Zidane think? The president offering Bale and small amounts for Pogba and then going crazy with Neymar,
but on the other hand I am prepared and eager to embrace the chaos that would bring

AJ10

I don't know what to think about all this. On the one hand it seems like a huge risk if there is a compulsory purchase and would stop the growing of Rodrygo or Vini.
What will Zidane think? The president offering james and small amounts for Pogba and then going crazy with Neymar,
but on the other hand I am prepared and eager to embrace the chaos that would bring
Fixed.

Would be fun to see Neymar at Real, Real vs Barca :drool:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm guessing they've never seen Mangala play.
They did! He was on loan a couple of years ago.They were interested in Otamendi but apparently Marcelino didn't want to change the line-up and preferred another profile

Fridge chutney

Interesting fact: Joey Barton is Fleetwood Town's manager. They are off to a 2-0-0 start in League One.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
How can Madrid afford Neymar but not have the cash for Pogba?
I don’t believe for one minute that they will sign Neymar this summer. It would push their summer spending to well over half a billion euros.

croadyman

What are peoples thoughts on Utd supposedly making a late bid for Dani Olmo,do we think there was any truth in that story?

Eric's Seagull

Good news if this does happen as it looks like they won't be able to fund Pogba deal as well. I always thought Neymar intended to use PSG as short stop on his way to Real as he didn't want to look even worse in the eyes of the Barcelona fans than he does already by directly signing for Real

Zoo

Monaco announces the transfer of Hannibal Mejbri to Manchester United.

fps

Anyone can play for the club but the policy is only to sign players that really want to play for United and most commonly these players are found domestically. The policy of throwing big money at any big foreign name we can get our hands on is over. The Dybala deal was a case in point. He comes from a culture that doesn’t value English football in the highest bracket. In his culture Italian football (because of the migration history of Italians to Argentina) and Spanish football (because of the Latin link) are perceived as the pinnacle of football. As such he only wanted to join if we enriched him and his agent greatly. The folly of such an approach is pretty obvious but one we have fallen for in the past. Hence the new approach. That doesn’t mean we’ll never sign an Argentinian ever again and we would have signed foreign players in this window if the deals were right.
This.

Nedved

Anyone can play for the club but the policy is only to sign players that really want to play for United and most commonly these players are found domestically. The policy of throwing big money at any big foreign name we can get our hands on is over. The Dybala deal was a case in point. He comes from a culture that doesn’t value English football in the highest bracket. In his culture Italian football (because of the migration history of Italians to Argentina) and Spanish football (because of the Latin link) are perceived as the pinnacle of football. As such he only wanted to join if we enriched him and his agent greatly. The folly of such an approach is pretty obvious but one we have fallen for in the past. Hence the new approach. That doesn’t mean we’ll never sign an Argentinian ever again and we would have signed foreign players in this window if the deals were right.
Dybala’s case is special since he (like many Argentines) also has Italian heritage and even citizenship.

wr8_utd

:'(
Neymar out of PSG is just way too obvious now. With all the abuse he faced from the stands in today's match, there clearly is no way back for him. I also just can't see him going to Madrid after he's been agitating for a move to Barca all summer.

Expecting both Coutinho and Neymar to swap clubs and sign on loans with obligations to buy next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.