Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

I could maybe understand it if they were taking on all of his wages but if we're funding most of it, surely it's not worth it.

This season could be a long slog with Europa, we could really use the bodies. Having just Rashford, Martial and Greenwood would leave us very light on numbers.

Eric's Seagull

I could maybe understand it if they were taking on all of his wages but if we're funding most of it, surely it's not worth it.

This season could be a long slog with Europa, we could really use the bodies. Having just Rashford, Martial and Greenwood would leave us very light on numbers.
Crazy how we'd still have to pay him roughly £265,000 a week just to get rid of him unless Roma up their wage structure. Don't think that he has done well enough here but by not replacing Lukaku and then loaning Sanchez would leave us seriously low on numbers.

Treble

Sanchez has been poor but still is an option in attack. If we loan him out and Rashford and/or Martial get injured, how are we supposed to cope? With Greenwood and James who have 0 PL goals between themselves and are also supposed to start in cup games? WTF?

cyberman

Sanchez has been poor but still is an option in attack. If we loan him out and Rashford and/or Martial get injured, how are we supposed to cope? With Greenwood and James who have 0 PL goals between themselves and are also supposed to start in cup games? WTF?
If our youngsters play the cup games then most of our first team squad are looking at 38 odd games this season. 1 game a week.
We really don't need a bloated squad this season so 3 strikers for one attack is more than enough

prateik

He contributes nothing.. I said this last season and I'll repeat it. We can play anyone instead of Sanchez and the output wouldnt be worse..
We could play Romero instead of Sanchez and he couldnt do less..

Would rather give those minutes to anyone from the academy..
Chong, Gomes, Greenwood.. anyone..

Treble

If our youngsters play the cup games then most of our first team squad are looking at 38 odd games this season. 1 game a week.
We really don't need a bloated squad this season so 3 strikers for one attack is more than enough
It would be an incredibly bold decision, i.e. a risky one. An injury to Rashford or Martial and things will look worrying. Injuries to both and the situation will look bleak.

redshaw

We tried to discuss terms with 7 players this Summer (Dybala, Eriksen, Mandzukic, Mejbri, AWB, James and Maguire). 4 were foreign. Only 3 were British.

We also offered new contracts to Mata and DDG (and others I can't quite remember off the top of my head).

The idea that we're only targetting British players is nonsense. We're targetting anyone good enough (Maguire is statistically one of the best ball playing CBs in the world; AWB is statistically one of the best RBs in the world; Mejbri is one of the highest rated youngsters in the world; James is personal recommendation from Giggs). It's not United's fault who signs on the dotted line or not.

Maybe Dybala, Eriksen and Mandzukic are the bigots.
It's a good point. If anyone is being discriminatory it's players and their wives. Griezmann has reservations and his wife doesn't want to come here. Di Maria and his partner had their heart set on Paris before we bought him, we shouldn't have got involved. Evra's wife wanted to leave England.

I remember Schmeichel wanting to raise his kids in Portugal, said England wasn't a good place but ended up back here.

Arsenal's Torreira wants to go back to Italy, he doesn't enjoy London.

There's a downward look from the continent and from those who settle over there from south america.

All Ole is wanting is a British core, he doesn't have a Brit only policy, there's more foreigners who don't have a problem as 2-3 decades of the EPL can show. I'm sure Ole knows who Cantona is or who Cristiano Ronaldo is or where he himself is from and excluding these players would be silly. He's well aware of the great foreign players Arsenal had but they also had a British core.

Fergie used to earmark players. I doubt having looked into Di Maria or talking to him he would've signed him.

Everyone is different, some are more lifestyle orientated, some never want to leave the country they were born in, some see it as a job more, they're not fussy and can move to wherever in their 30s. It's a balance of money, prospects and level of the player and lifestyle.

A good time to get Eriksen was 4 years ago. Apparently he wants to go to Spain now. We shouldn't be throwing 500k at him. If he doesn't want to come here on a decent wage of 200-300k then off you pop to wherever.

fergosaurus

Sanchez had a decent return in the Copa but the goals were against Ecaudor and Japan. He's finished in the Premier League, one goal in 20 games made his position here untenable. I'd much rather give the minutes to the youth than begrudgingly persist with Sanchez, because we're paying him huge wages, in the hope he'll finally rediscover form.

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

Sanchez had a decent return in the Copa but the goals were against Ecaudor and Japan. He's finished in the Premier League, one goal in 20 games made his position here untenable. I'd much rather give the minutes to the youth than begrudgingly persist with Sanchez, because we're paying him huge wages in, the hope he'll finally rediscover form.
But will also have to subsidise huge wages should he go to Roma.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sanchez had a decent return in the Copa but the goals were against Ecaudor and Japan. He's finished in the Premier League, one goal in 20 games made his position here untenable. I'd much rather give the minutes to the youth than begrudgingly persist with Sanchez, because we're paying him huge wages in, the hope he'll finally rediscover form.
His games were extremely broken and he rarely started back to back (if at all) under Ole where the system would have actually suited his style of play.

A fit Sanchez can be a lot better than what we saw last season, and unless we are offloading a material amount of his wages I don't see the point in this.

fergosaurus

But will also have to subsidise huge wages should he go to Roma.
That is true but we'll at least not be wasting all of the money we were paying for a useless player.

His games were extremely broken and he rarely started back to back (if at all) under Ole where the system would have actually suited his style of play.

A fit Sanchez can be a lot better than what we saw last season, and unless we are offloading a material amount of his wages I don't see the point in this.
He looked garbage every time he played under Jose and Ole. His legs are gone and I think the intensity of the PL is too much for him now. Playing in Italy in a central role closer to the box might be what he needs.

theklr

As others have said - its probably not Ole’s decision, purely an economical one. The guy gets 75k each time he plays doesnt he? If he really was serious about us , he would have forfeited that.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Get rid and let Chong be 3rd choice LW.

Can anyone name any of our rivals 3rd choice left winger? We overthink it as it's our club.

Dazzmondo

If we're paying 50% of Sanchez' wages I'd still be happy to get rid of him. He's useless and toxic. Not to mention he's just another player blocking the path of Greenwood, Gomes and Chong into the first team

Treble

Can anyone name any of our rivals 3rd choice left winger? We overthink it as it's our club.
No fan of Sanchez but he can play also as a second striker or main striker. We'd be seriously short on options if Rashford/Martial are not available for some league game. In the cup games we can play Greenwood and Chong, no problem, but in the PL?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
No fan of Sanchez but he can play also as a second striker or main striker. We'd be seriously short on options if Rashford/Martial are not available for some league game. In the cup games we can play Greenwood and Chong, no problem, but in the PL?
Sanchez is either injured or terrible when he's not. Let greenwood get the odd minutes if both Rashford and Martial are out for a week.

AJ Bullet

Can we really afford to let him go, I mean we got 3 injuries in one game last season against Liverpool, we are only one or two injuries away from having to play Jones in midfield or Lingard as striker or some other random nonsense to get through the season. I know he has been a massive flop but can we afford not to have the numbers of experienced players in the squad?

I mean he will probably get injured anyway so I guess it doesnt matter too much either way.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The perisic-lukaku utopia not happening after all.

NYAS

That’s a shocking signing by Bayern. Clearly waiting a year for Sane.

ChaddyP

Not only that. I keep hearing things like what if rashford martial are injured. I dunno what if son and kane are Injured for spurs. Or Mane and Salah are both injured for Liverpool. They are both as fecked as we would be.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That’s a shocking signing by Bayern. Clearly waiting a year for Sane.
Hopefully that is their reasoning. I would still expect them to sign another winger.

Who knows, maybe CHO or Sané are still possible this window. They still have 3+ weeks to sign players.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Declan Rice.

On today's performance, he looks very much hyped at this stage in his career.

Roughseas

Sanchez is physically shot, can’t perform on the wing in the EPL, but now we’re playing with a 10 and we haven’t tried him in that position. His best qualities are his passing and vision- give him a chance to perform.

crossy1686

career ending
Sanchez is physically shot, can’t perform on the wing in the EPL, but now we’re playing with a 10 and we haven’t tried him in that position. His best qualities are his passing and vision- give him a chance to perform.
He played there for Chile in the Copa America and looked absolutely shit. His best performance was against a Japan U21 side and he still looked slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.