Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Is Ole that naive?
Well he was just talking about Alexis being back with the team and how he think's he'll be scoring goals as a striker so it's probably bollocks.

Can't see a club in the top European leagues willing to take him in at this stage either

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

behind a paywall, but seems like the deal is close. From Sane to Perisic :D Loan + option to buy for 30m Euros.

Oh come on. This cannot seriously be our plan B for a new winger.

Dr. StrangeHate

It’s not, why do you think we only bought British players, and tried to bring Longstaff? Also, why should our transfer strategy be based on where we have fans?
Because I think a lot of people outside the UK would be uncomfortable supporting a club who discriminates against them in terms of who they prefer to play for the club.

Bestietom

There are plenty of FREE agents out there. Maybe we could get a good CF for free. Maybe a DM also. That would suit Woodward.

ArjenIsM3

Just get Alexis out. He's past it. Even if it means subsidizing his wages. Would rather have Llorente than him at this point. At least he offers something Martial and Rashford don't which is a physical presence.

HJ12

Does it? I don't understand this paranoid version of events where Woodward and the Glazers actively do not want the club to succeed. That would suit no party, at all.
I'm not implying that they don't want the club to succeed - as owners they surely would. I'm suggesting that their comments around buying into Ole's vision of a young, home-grown team is conveniently made after they clearly missed out on a few targets over the last few days i.e. lets cover up our incompetence by saying that "actually our actions are congruous to what the manager wants". It's very unlikely that Ole's completely happy with how things have panned out, but hey what the heck, the board feel it's in line with with his vision.

fps

I'm not implying that they don't want the club to succeed - as owners they surely would. I'm suggesting that their comments around buying into Ole's vision of a young, home-grown team is conveniently made after they clearly missed out on a few targets over the last few days i.e. lets cover up our incompetence by saying that "actually our actions are congruous to what the manager wants". It's very unlikely that Ole's completely happy with how things have panned out, but hey what the heck, the board feel it's in line with with his vision.
True, I think managers rarely are completely happy with things of course. Part of Ole's job is to get the right attitude in and around the group, I thought he did well against some very negative questioning in his press conference, not much point having a go at the board right now - get some results, get some power, then push.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
There are plenty of FREE agents out there. Maybe we could get a good CF for free. Maybe a DM also. That would suit Woodward.
So we can still pick up a free agent even though the window's closed?
If so, a midfielder would be great.

NYAS

Schone is a coup for Genoa. I imagine Blind will play midfield this season.

pascell

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People moaning about our deadwood and not selling them, we try to get a large portion of Sanchezs wages off our books for the season and Ole gets slated for it.

I couldn't care less if we paid Sanchez to play for another club, especially if it means saving on some of his wages, the guy contributed nothing last season and is unlikely to get a look in this season. If he has a poor attitude in the changing room/training ground, we don't want him near our younger players.

Nick7

I'd just rather him be gone altogether rather than paying for him to play somewhere else.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Having Kovac as our manager really was the worst thing to ever happen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perisic and Mandzukic. :lol:

Basically as Robbery sucessors. :lol:

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
Having Kovac as our manager really was the worst thing to ever happen :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perisic and Mandzukic. :lol:

Basically as Robbery sucessors. :lol:
Signing players like those two for cheap to fill gaps for a year or two is not the emd of the world. They are good enough to help Bayern compete for the Bundesliga while they wait for a top target like Sane to become available. That makes more sense than signing a player like Pepe for a big fee if they aren't convinced he can help them win the champions league.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Because I think a lot of people outside the UK would be uncomfortable supporting a club who discriminates against them in terms of who they prefer to play for the club.
Nonsense. It’s called Manchester United and plays in England. When has that stopped people from supporting them?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This seems to go beyond that as United comply with that already.
Absolutely nothing wrong with building a spine of British players, for playing in the hussle of the British league. So what if we bought 3 British players? There are still more foreign players than in many of Fergies teams

Status
Not open for further replies.