Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Because we're the 6th best team in England, whilst the alternatives are the champions of Spain, the champions of Germany and the champions of Europe.
Also Leverkusen have stated quite emphatically they won't be selling him this season.

Bestietom

What's the latest stories on any transfers for us. Everything seems to have stalled this past week or two.

piesel

Article says that Matuidi isn't for sale but Bentancur is. I'd happily take Bentancur here.
I think this is absolutely not true. Holding out on a 32 year old and selling one of the best young midfield prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:

SER19

If we signed maguire for 80 and fernandes for 60 then hypothetically sold lukaku for about 70 and one of our defenders (plus maybe darmian) for 20 we would have

Spent 205
Sold 90 and lost some wages too

Net spend of 115m.

Thats nothing for United. Don't care what individual spend is, balance the books as best as possible and improve the team while losing Valencia herrera Fellaini lukaku darmian Rojo since January, we'd be doing well.

Bestietom

If we signed maguire for 80 and fernandes for 60 then hypothetically sold lukaku for about 70 and one of our defenders (plus maybe darmian) for 20 we would have

Spent 205

Net spend of 115m.

Thats nothing for United. Don't care what individual spend is, balance the books as best as possible and improve the team while losing Valencia herrera Fellaini lukaku darmian Rojo since January, we'd be doing well.
But do you think Maguire and Fernandes is enough to solve our problems.
WE need a TOP DM most, after a CB.

SER19

I think its enough to get us that next step. Mctominay can step up, I think fred will too. I'd let Greenwood step in for lukaku which sounds mad but lukaku contributed little last season. Consolidate top 4,get good football going, get player and fan relationship repaired and then go all out for title next season with a summer window to fill any void left, eh sancho and a new DM

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I really want Ndidi, but can't see that happening if we take Maguire off them.
I honestly think Maguire and Fernandes would be 'enough' right now.
We're not going to win the league, I think they best we can hope for is challenging for 3rd this season, but would fully expect top 4 with the squad we have, seeing how Arsenal and Chelsea's window is going.

I think this season could be a good thing for us. We've got some promising youth in our squad that should be given a chance, especially in the Europa League. Sancho was nowhere until he signed for Dortmund and look what happened in the space of the year. If Gomes or Greenwood can do anything even close to a breakout like that, it's a signing in itself.

Fergie's gum

Spent 205

Net spend of 115m.

Books will not be balanced though. The extra profit will got to the Glazers, while the debt will remain. The prices shouldn't concern us in the slightest. We should demand a competitive team, and right now this isn't good eneough. Their underinvestment over the years has contributed to the state we are in, and one summer of spending will not rectify this. #GlazersOut

Bestietom

I think its enough to get us that next step. Mctominay can step up, I think fred will too. I'd let Greenwood step in for lukaku which sounds mad but lukaku contributed little last season. Consolidate top 4,get good football going, get player and fan relationship repaired and then go all out for title next season with a summer window to fill any void left, eh sancho and a new DM
I would be a little wary @SER19 to go this season without a replacement for Matic. I think it is one of the most important areas of midfield nowadays. The way most football teams line out now, we need a dynamic DM who can break up play and get us back on the offensive.

Woodzy

We should be allowing for a net spend of £200m at least. Doesn’t matter who leaves, at the start of the window we needed about 4 first team players and the average price for that sort of player now is around £50m.

Dr. StrangeHate

I think the question now is - Why do you thin he'd join us?
His social media followers will become 30 times atleast for one. Better pay as a second. He is young, if he thinks he is better than us he can always move on and still be young.
More likely we are not in for him.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I feel like he'll be the new AWB to go for like £50m or something within 2 years. Could see him ending up at Tottenham or Chelsea.
Tottenham written all over him. They like a punt and they're mostly successful with them. Also need some cover up front. Even his name sound like a Spurs player.

Apokalips

Inter need to pay up the big bucks. We don't need to sell and they've played their hand publicly and seem uber keen.

Hopefully we have the replacement lined up so that all we need to do is pull the trigger, don't cave into Inter playing cheapskates.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Surprised to say that but that's a good dealing on our part. Refusing to sell below the current rates is something that hopefully we continue and other potential buyers will see that.

Fox outside the box

Depends what you mean by 'problems' Will it close the gap enough taht we challenge for the title? Probably not. Will it give us enough of a boost to look at a 3rd/4th place finish? Probably yes.

We aren't going to address everything we need to be a top 5 in Europe type of power in one window so it really does depend on what you class as our problems and what you want to address by fixing them. Our current problem, in my mind, is getting back to a top 3/4 team and giving ourselves a platform to build on next summer and push on to a top 2 challenge.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Bruce wants to keep hold of Longstaff
He's not going to come out and say "I'm happy to be here and more than happy to sell our most promising prospect."

I think we'll get him. Bruce will be more susceptible to accepting a couple of younger players on loan as a sweetener

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I personally think this is a perfectly good offer and we are unlikely to better it. Lets cut the man loose and use the money to strengthen our squad.
Its a seller's market for center forwards and if Woodward lowers his price, he'll never be taken seriously in future negotiations and Madrid will continue to unsettle Pogba by offering Bale and a bag of chips. He has all the leverage and he should hold out for the price he initially put on Lukaku.

Steve Bruce

He's not going to come out and say "I'm happy to be here and more than happy to sell our most promising prospect."

I think we'll get him. Bruce will be more susceptible to accepting a couple of younger players on loan as a sweetener
Maybe offer young, Jones and matic as part of it:D

Steve Bruce

Its a seller's market for center forwards and if Woodward lowers his price, he'll never be taken seriously in future negotiations and Madrid will continue to unsettle Pogba by offering Bale and a bag of chips. He has all the leverage and he should hold out for the price he initially put on Lukaku.
Your probably right. If it's not met hopefully Lukaku is professional enough to put a shift in for us this coming season

Status
Not open for further replies.