g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox outside the box

Yes, but we have over 60 scouts. Surely one of them can spot a goodun now and then.
I see people refer to the scouting team all the time. They can't magic players out of no where and can't control what we do with any reports they put in or recommendations they make. They can't control whether clubs would be wanting to sell or if players want to leave. I'm sure we've got a wealth of information about players from all over the world but getting everything into the right place will be much harder than us fans give it credit. It isn't football manager where the scouting team just have a little hub and we can sort players by rating and stats and just submit a bit.

People act like every else's scouting team are totally on it and bringing up gems left, right and centre and that isn't the case either. We sign younger players that we've spotted just like other big clubs but we operate at a level where we can't constantly take punts on players like a mid table or lower team can. We need more established and consistent talent. We obviously watch players and its probably where a lot of links coming from, people getting wind that x or y player is part of whatever scouting we've done. I assume we will monitor a lot of players, so a lot of links may well not be just made up but more that we have kept some kind of eye of the player, someone gets to know that and so a story comes out. Scouring players doesn't automatically mean we will be bidding for them though.

What players of the likes of Robson are knocking about and available, to your knowledge?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A players value still remains the same regardless of how important they are to one coach. Perisic was a upper level journeyman winger who was 29 at the time. Lukaku is the second highest goalscorer in the PL since he came here and is Belgiums record goalscorer who is just 26. We don't need to bend over for anyone. Not for this embarrassing price anyway. I'd be ready to sell if they came up with 65-70m. But this is a joke
The difference was that Perisic was a key cog in the Inter team whilst it's widely reported Lukaku doesn't fit into Ole's style. Just because we overpaid for a flat track bully with a crap first touch, doesn't mean Inter will.

CosmoKramer

Supports
FC Barcelona
Well you've ignored neymar and that is looking like a large cash amount plus one of, if not both coutinho and dembele.
Why would I count Neymar? He's not currently a Barcelona player, thus no cash has been spent on him yet so not really a finger to FFP now is it? Every media close to Barcelona(Sport, MD, RAC etc.) are saying that we can only do this deal if PSG accepts swapping him for some of our players as we don't really have the kind of money that PSG wants for him. At this moment the two parties are not even close to agreeing a deal so we should wait before launching accusations of breaching the ffp imo. And even if it happens, then it depends on what we sell until the end of the transfer window, as we can recoup some of the fee with some departures.

Anyway, I believe this is off topic and since I'm a newbie I don't want to get banned so I will stop here with this discussion. This is one of the best forums to discuss football and I hope to stick around for more than 2 days. :D

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
Can't post twitts, but Benfica just dropped 17M on Carlos Vinicius. A player that cost 4M to Napoli. Obvious bought from Mendes. A sad day for Benfica, when he overpay twice as much as he really worth.

jesperjaap

Give us Bentancur, Dybala and Moise Kean and he is yours

Then on to Milan Here is Darmian, Bailly, Matic and Sanchez, can we take Romagnoli please

On to Barcelona Here is Mata, Lindelof and £60m Dembele please

Sell Lukaku and Rojo for £80m, buy Upamecano and Ascacibar and Fernandes for £50m + Lukakau/Rojo money

Simple, £180m net spend for the summer 11 players out, 8 in and a title challenging side straight away....obviously it isnt that simple but point is there are a lot of great players out there and we have a lot of problematic ones we shouldnt be so desperate to hold on to.

If any fan was told at the end of last season where we were utterly shambolic that with a couple of weeks to go in the transfer window we would only have released Herrera and Valencia and signed James and Bissaka, would anybody be happy?

Bestietom

I see people refer to the scouting team all the time. They can't magic players out of no where and can't control what we do with any reports they put in or recommendations they make. They can't control whether clubs would be wanting to sell or if players want to leave. I'm sure we've got a wealth of information about players from all over the world but getting everything into the right place will be much harder than us fans give it credit. It isn't football manager where the scouting team just have a little hub and we can sort players by rating and stats and just submit a bit.

People act like every else's scouting team are totally on it and bringing up gems left, right and centre and that isn't the case either. We sign younger players that we've spotted just like other big clubs but we operate at a level where we can't constantly take punts on players like a mid table or lower team can. We need more established and consistent talent. We obviously watch players and its probably where a lot of links coming from, people getting wind that x or y player is part of whatever scouting we've done. I assume we will monitor a lot of players, so a lot of links may well not be just made up but more that we have kept some kind of eye of the player, someone gets to know that and so a story comes out. Scouring players doesn't automatically mean we will be bidding for them though.

What players of the likes of Robson are knocking about and available, to your knowledge?
Both Thomas Partey and Ascacibar have good lungs and can tackle like Robbo did. They have plenty of fighting spirit and drive. The kind we need.imo

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Can't post twitts, but Benfica just dropped 17M on Carlos Vinicius. A player that cost 4M to Napoli. Obvious bought from Mendes. A sad day for Benfica, when he overpay twice as much as he really worth.
Transfer to wolves broke down due to him not getting a work permit apparently not surprised he's gone to benfica.

lsd

The Oracle

Then on to Milan Here is Darmian, Bailly, Matic and Sanchez, can we take Romagnoli please

Sell Lukaku and Rojo for £80m, buy Upamecano and Ascacibar and Fernandes for £50m + Lukakau/Rojo money

Simple, £180m net spend for the summer 11 players out, 8 in and a title challenging side straight away....obviously it isnt that simple but point is there are a lot of great players out there and we have a lot of problematic ones we shouldnt be so desperate to hold on to.

If any fan was told at the end of last season where we were utterly shambolic that with a couple of weeks to go in the transfer window we would only have released Herrera and Valencia and signed James and Bissaka, would anybody be happy?

Nonsense post I can't believe the amount of posters on here that think it's easy for us to do transfers .

We have recently been ranked outside the top 30 clubs in Europe. Last 6 years we missed top 4 four times and are on our 5th manager in that time . A very unproven manager at that.

Add to our best players wanting to leave and ask yourself what top players would want to join us at present?

People need to get a grip it is very hard to convince anyone of a high standard to come to us . Throwing money at players already rich is not the answer either .

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Here you go.

jesperjaap

Nonsense post I can't believe the amount of posters on here that think it's easy for us to do transfers .

We have recently been ranked outside the top 30 clubs in Europe. Last 6 years we missed top 4 four times and are on our 5th manager in that time . A very unproven manager at that.

Add to our best players wanting to leave and ask yourself what top players would want to join us at present?

People need to get a grip it is very hard to convince anyone of a high standard to come to us . Throwing money at players already rich is not the answer either .
You seem to have missed the part I said obviously it isnt as simple as in its an example of the kind of thing that can be done. Saying that, you are throwing all these stats, yet in the same period we have signed the German leagues player of the season, two of the decades best strikers, one of the decades best wingers, one of the champion leagues best players the season before we signed him and various other transfers.
We may have struggled and not have champions league football yes. But we are Manchester United and of those eight players I did name, we would have a very good chance of signing at least four of them in my opinion. I agree the club is in abysmal state, but would throw it straight back at you that you are talking nonsense to think we cant lure good players

jesperjaap

Both Thomas Partey and Ascacibar have good lungs and can tackle like Robbo did. They have plenty of fighting spirit and drive. The kind we need.imo
Ascacibar is a very different player to Robson/Keane, but I totally agree with you in him being the type of player we need having such a heart on the sleeve fighting spirit. Also think he is excellent positionally, would be a massive hit

piesel

Journos are pathetic, i heard Sarri and he said: "Yes, i like Pogba but he's a United player".

Stop, nothing more and the press is already building castles around it.

jesperjaap

I don't think that would be fair on us. Dybala is someone Juve want to get rid anyway it seems and Keane is very far from the finished product.
I agree Keane is very far from the finished product, nowhere near at the moment even though he has bags of ability.....but for me, Lukaku when we signed him was also very far from the finished product and had neither the ability or consistency to be so, which is exactly how his career has gone here.

Yes Juventus want to get rid of Dybala, doesnt seem to be room for him with ROnaldo, but that would be the case for many players, had a poor season it seems, didnt see much of him playingJuventus but has he actuall declined that much or just been shunted aside as he was one of the best players around a couple of years ago, I believe Mourinho was desperate to sign him a couple of times (yes that doesnt say much with some players Mourinho was linked with). I really like Dybala even if I am not actually sure if he is the answer or fits in.

Made the post more as an example of though difficult, really should be scope for us to make progress this window with the players we have should be getting rid of. Atletico look to have done it, why on earth arent we?

Velvet Revolver

Good post.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

:lol:

Amarsdd

That would only work in the Championship Manager in edit mode.

Josep Dowling

Reckon we need to tell Inter to submit their final offer. Cant have this bs dragging on till deadline day and we are without a replacement for Lukaku
I have a feeling we have no intention of replacing him if he goes. We are going into the season short in midfielder, no RW and still going to see Young, Smalling and Jones this season. And on top of that Rojo and Darmian are still here, surely we could just send them out on loan. We don’t even use them.

prateik

I had to google Joelinton..
Scored 7 goals for Hoffenheim, who were mid-table in the Bundesliga...
And before that, spent 2 years on loan playing in Austria.

35m.

Sure.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is starting to feel like last summer all over again. Things seem to have gone very quiet.
It's identical so far.
50m starter and prospect signed in June.
Pursuit and failure to sign other targets in July.

20 days to make it end differently.

Robbie Boy

At last, a realistic post.

United_We_Stand

Real Madrid are holding out for a fee of 40 million euros for James Rodriguez and would not block rivals Atletico Madrid from moving for the Colombian.

United_We_Stand

Veretout, 26, joins the club from Fiorentina on an initial one-year loan deal, for a fixed fee of €1 million.
As part of that agreement, the Giallorossi must subsequently make the transfer permanent for a sum of €16m.
The complete agreement includes a number of performance-related clauses, based on the potential achievements of both the player and the club. If all are met, these add-ons are worth a maximum of €2m.
https://www.asroma.com/en/news/2019/7/veretout-signs-for-roma

Status
Not open for further replies.