Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

It shows Di Marizio is losing touch with the market by linking koulibaly to Spurs. Spurs will never pay that much money for a defender who is on the wrong side of 30.

Yeah its a bit like he mentions several PL teams just for the sake of mentioning them by name.

His credibility took a hammering last summer and this looks like he is throwing as much crap at the wall as possible with the same old tired Juve offer certain players and linking Spurs to players they would never buy.

Crimson King

Di Marizio know nothing nowadays,absolute pisstake of the highest order.
He also said he thinks Pogba will most likely leave because his contract only has a year left, almost as if we'll be forced to listen to shit offers and take on high earning players that Juve are keen to offload. Totally overlooking the fact we can extend his contract by another year...

At least do your homework Di Marzio! If you look at the thread from that tweet by Amoyal he replies to several different reds saying 'well pogba will just leave on a bosman then', so he hasn't even bothered to check it either.

Pogba might well leave, but I doubt it'll be on a free this time. Most players might be willing to sit out the last year of their contract, but waiting 2 is a bit much.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If Pogba is going this summer, it won’t be a huge figure. No one is spending big money this summer, so I’d imagine we will be looking at swap deals that suit us.

Kostov

It shows Di Marizio is losing touch with the market by linking koulibaly to Spurs. Spurs will never pay that much money for a defender who is on the wrong side of 30.
What ammount of money? You think anyone will actually pay what that crazy chairmain of Napoli was mouthing in the media? If anything both the Napoli president and Di Marzio know that nobody is paying that kind of money and are trying to drum up interest.

ROFLUTION

Seems so not-updated from a lot of clubs, that they somehow can just automatic offload their older players and put up a high price and ask Man United.

We're building something new here, and buying 29 and 30 years olds past their peak is probably not something we're interested in. Newcastle is a way better shot for offloading these, as they're loaded and need big names, to look big.

sparx99

I could see Mourinho wanting Koulibaly.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
If Pogba is going this summer, it won’t be a huge figure. No one is spending big money this summer, so I’d imagine we will be looking at swap deals that suit us.
So that means we can have Sancho for €80m too right? As both clubs pre-pandemic would have valued their players roughly the same (€120m) and they both have the same length of contract.

Not aiming this specifically at you, but I see posters stating €100m+ for Sancho would be fair, only to then say we'd be lucky to get €80m tops for Pogba, or a couple of injury prone, above average players in return.

RUCK4444

Seems so not-updated from a lot of clubs, that they somehow can just automatic offload their older players and put up a high price and ask Man United.

We're building something new here, and buying 29 and 30 years olds past their peak is probably not something we're interested in. Newcastle is a way better shot for offloading these, as they're loaded and need big names, to look big.
I agree, don’t believe for a minute Ollie will be fooled by these pathetic swap deals.

And although this window may see more ‘swap’ transfers it’s very rare to see multiple players head to the same club as part of a deal.
I mean has that ever happened?

I always tend to ignore these swap reports in the press tbh.

RUCK4444

So that means we can have Sancho for €80m too right? As both clubs pre-pandemic would have valued their players roughly the same (€120m) and they both have the same length of contract.

Not aiming this specifically at you, but I see posters stating €100m+ for Sancho would be fair, only to then say we'd be lucky to get €80m tops for Pogba, or a couple of injury prone, above average players in return.
Agreed. IMO High value players just won’t move in this window unless clubs are desperate to sell which none of the big boys are likely to be.

Some who have had the ground work done, hopefully like Sancho, may still go through but I think generally speaking it will be low key signings and the odd swap deal here and there.

golden_blunder

Staff

there is no way we are paying 100m for Sancho in this climate when no one knows when this is going to end, when match day incomes will start, no traffic in club shops, sponsors in trouble etc. No chance unless it’s structured over lots of seasons or a swap deal is agreed

golden_blunder

Staff
I agree, don’t believe for a minute Ollie will be fooled by these pathetic swap deals.

And although this window may see more ‘swap’ transfers it’s very rare to see multiple players head to the same club as part of a deal.
I mean has that ever happened?

I always tend to ignore these swap reports in the press tbh.
Just because it’s not done before doesn’t mean it won’t happen now. This is unparalleled times we now live and trade in. Never say never.

however im calling bs on that particular part as I can’t see Ole being interested in those players mentioned.

bring DeLigt to the table and they might chat

RUCK4444

Just because it’s not done before doesn’t mean it won’t happen now. This is unparalleled times we now live and trade in. Never say never.

however im calling bs on that particular part as I can’t see Ole being interested in those players mentioned.

bring DeLigt to the table and they might chat
Yeah sure, I'm not saying it's impossible just unprecedented, but these are unprecedented times.

I would be interested if De Ligt was thrown into the mix, however I would want money on top.

I have to admit I am loathed to let Pogba go, I'm not one to say 'just give him one more season' but now the team is balanced and functioning far better than before, in my opinion at least, we would now see the best of him.

Perhaps the major floor is that he needs to have the correct setup and environment to get the best from him, but isn't that the case for the vast majority of players?

I really like the idea of having Pogba renew and knuckle down with this newly revitalised squad. His ceiling is still higher than Bruno IMO but to have both would be an incredible boost, not least due to the annual guarantee that we will have a amount of injuries.

golden_blunder

Staff
Yeah sure, I'm not saying it's impossible just unprecedented, but these are unprecedented times.

I would be interested if De Ligt was thrown into the mix, however I would want money on top.

I have to admit I am loathed to let Pogba go, I'm not one to say 'just give him one more season' but now the team is balanced and functioning far better than before, in my opinion at least, we would now see the best of him.

Perhaps the major floor is that he needs to have the correct setup and environment to get the best from him, but isn't that the case for the vast majority of players?

I really like the idea of having Pogba renew and knuckle down with this newly revitalised squad. His ceiling is still higher than Bruno IMO but to have both would be an incredible boost, not least due to the annual guarantee that we will have a amount of injuries.
I’m torn on Pogba. If he wants to go then good luck, let’s find a deal that suits us.
If he wants to stay, then knuckle down and prove you’re billy big bollox. Look at Bruno, hit the ground running and his impact has totally turned the season around (and some careers too I’d say)

RUCK4444

I’m torn on Pogba. If he wants to go then good luck, let’s find a deal that suits us.
If he wants to stay, then knuckle down and prove you’re billy big bollox. Look at Bruno, hit the ground running and his impact has totally turned the season around (and some careers too I’d say)
Yeah I agree, if he does really want to go then let him. But it needs to suit United before suiting the player.

I think under Ole, in that initial period especially, Pogba was incredible. I think there is a thread somewhere discussing that period for Pogba under Ole compared to how Bruno was performing for us. Most, including myself, said Pogba's spell then was even more impressive.

Shame that he was injured this entire season because we would all perhaps have a different perspective on where he fits in our plans. I'm hopeful, and there is no reason why not, that he can recapture that form under Ole.

Imagine the two of them in that sort of form, with Fred performing as he has this season that midfield has potential to be the best in the league (on paper at least.)

RUCK4444

I think we can safely say there is no way in a million years that he would leave Atletico for that kind of figure
I'm not sure he would be going for much more than that in this particular window though.

I mean clubs are skint as it is and although he's top rated he's not going to be 80-100 mill

Hawks2008

In a vacuum saul is a good player and would improve the squad but I'm not sure he is the right fit. If Pogba goes he would be a decent replacement as a box to box but we'd lose lots of creativity and still lack a holding midfielder.

Wouldn't be against his signing but think a Matic replacement would bring more balance to the side.

RUCK4444

In a vacuum saul is a good player and would improve the squad but I'm not sure he is the right fit. If Pogba goes he would be a decent replacement as a box to box but we'd lose lots of creativity and still lack a holding midfielder.

Wouldn't be against his signing but think a Matic replacement would bring more balance to the side.
Yeah tend to agree with you. If Matic were 25 or if Fred could play as a pure DM then it would be fine but as you say we are still not directly addressing the DM position.

Traub

All we can hope is it ends up a bit like Berba in the sense that it disrupts the fluid front three.

Garry Buck

It’s been stated twice now that Liverpool will NOT be going in for him at this stage. Not saying he won’t go in the end but not yet. They can fit him in the team but will have to sacrifice a midfielder and probably play Firmino as a number 10 in a 4-2-3-1.

Traub

I think Ronald's head had been turned and Tevez was in a strop more than berbatov upsetting the fluidity.
Yeah that’s true too. Maybe it’s why we went for him in the first place.
it’s also all in hindsight, maybe Madrid have turned Salah or Mane’s head (I hope)

SerenityValley

I'm not sure the one has anything to do with the other, so I doubt it.

It's like saying to a clothes shop, how dare you buy new stock when you haven't paid your PAYE?
Better analogy would surely be a clothes shop hiring a load more staff to do the job of staff they already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.