Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
But he already has:
La Liga, Madrid, Money, Champions League, a chance at silverware.
If he were to trade those in for something else then Arsenal would be a step backwards in my opinion. It's definitely something different, but not better.
He has La Liga for the past 8 years, he might want to experience something else and is reportedly on 65k pw. Nobody but him can say which is better, he has to give it a try.

M Bison

Supports
York City

Happy with that?

Be interesting to see how a new striker would impact the balance, seems to work really well with Firmino dropping deep and allowing the wide players to drive on goal, whereas Werner is more advanced than Firmino (although thats based on very limited knowledge), so would change the requirements on Mane and Salah I imagine?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
"RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner is ready to sign for Liverpool if they pay his £52m release clause before it expires on June 15.

But Liverpool, like in January, do not intend to make a move for Werner before his release clause expires."

:lol:

I'm not saying Werner wont' go to Liverpool but you can tell its a slow news day for Skysports

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What the shit were we doing in the other window?
That can’t be true, we have him a new 5 year deal somewhere in the middle of that. And didn’t he only join us like 5 summer windows ago anyway?!

Wayne's World

Semedo has been offered to Inter as well as part of a swap for Martinez
He would want to get his act together and get himself fit. He's let himself go far to much since he went to Spurs. Lack of motivation after getting a huge contract?

He's not a quarter of the player I saw at Lyon

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Happy with that?

Be interesting to see how a new striker would impact the balance, seems to work really well with Firmino dropping deep and allowing the wide players to drive on goal, whereas Werner is more advanced than Firmino (although thats based on very limited knowledge), so would change the requirements on Mane and Salah I imagine?
I think we need another goal threat in the number 9 position. Firmino's goals have dried up so maybe Klopp will move him into an advanced midfield role instead.

Ekeke

That will be Rodri, De Bruyne, Aouar and Fernandinho in central mid. Foden must be wondering if he's at the right club.
Fernandinho seems to be in the CB category at this point. So Rodri, De Bruyne, Aouar and Foden.

Aouar can also play on the left like Silva plays on the right so he could also get some games in rotation with Sterling

No idea if its going to happen, but it sure is a luxury to have all these quality players

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That would be a hilarious transfer. A crap right back and a crocked centre back for a crap midfielder.
Semedo is very good IMO. If Umtiti isn't destroyed by his injuries, getting the two of them would be a great return for a player who isn't motivated.

jesperjaap

That would be a hilarious transfer. A crap right back and a crocked centre back for a crap midfielder.
Disagree. Has had a lot of injury and fitness problems and who knows maybe an attitude problem. But he is a very talented player, hasnt worked out for him in the premiership this season, even so I am surprised he hasnt been given more chances, maybe due to the injury, the ability is definately there

Garry Buck

Phil Foden really needs to leave City to further his career. He is destined to be a star like Sancho but Pep just won’t play him consistently. Peo is a great coach no doubt, but he is just a cheque book manager like the rest.

Craig Ward

But he already has:
La Liga, Madrid, Money, Champions League, a chance at silverware.
If he were to trade those in for something else then Arsenal would be a step backwards in my opinion. It's definitely something different, but not better.
Agree.

Partey to Arsenal is a shambolic move for him.

He could have his pick of some of the best clubs in Europe, if he went there it would be a backwards step that done his career more harm than good. He's better off staying

Craig Ward

That will be Rodri, De Bruyne, Aouar and Fernandinho in central mid. Foden must be wondering if he's at the right club.
Fernandinho doesnt serve much purpose as a Midfielder anymore and Gundogen and D.Silva are leaving.

Foden will be alright. he's better under Pep in that kind of squad than at, say a palace or bournemouth.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Spending 50 ME, given that they are asking to lower the fee, doesn't make sense for Bayern. They already have Sule, who was fantastic before his long term injury (maybe Bayern are doubtful whether he can be back to his best), L. Hernandez and Pavard.

Add to those three talented CBs, Alaba has done well covering at CB this season so he can be a good fourth option.

Signing a fourth highly talented CB just doesn't make sense unless someone else is moving out.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Fernandinho doesnt serve much purpose as a Midfielder anymore and Gundogen and D.Silva are leaving.

Foden will be alright. he's better under Pep in that kind of squad than at, say a palace or bournemouth.
The state of City since Laporte got injured and Fernandinho had to move to CB says this is wrong.

He's still a massive influence on their midfield.

Craig Ward

The state of City since Laporte got injured and Fernandinho had to move to CB says this is wrong.

He's still a massive influence on their midfield.
He cant be a massive influence in midfield if he doesnt play there.

Even when Laporte is fit, Fernandinho plays CB instead of Otamendi.

-Supreme-

Interesting links and would be great to bring in a left footed CB, particularly useful when we play 3 at the back

Both Rojo and Smalling are very likely to leave this summer, I hope Jones will follow suit

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He cant be a massive influence in midfield if he doesnt play there.

Even when Laporte is fit, Fernandinho plays CB instead of Otamendi.
He's the reason why they've had no protection for their defence. When he plays in midfield he's still a massive influence. He only moved to CB when Laporte got injured.

cyberman

Translates as most of Barca are up for sale. They dont want to leave but club desperately needs funds.

Apparently hes a tier 1 for them. That is a club in trouble.

Cliche Guevara

Translates as most of Barca are up for sale. They dont want to leave but club desperately needs funds.

Be interesting to see if anything comes of this as there have been a few reports they might struggle.

I’d expect the Spanish Government to bail them and Madrid out again, however.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Strange side, really. For a prospective buyer there’s not really *that* much there. Coutinho or Dembele on the cheap at a side who can revitalise either players career, I suppose.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Would take Arthur or De Jong in a heartbeat and to an extent Dembele. Doubt they would countenance selling the first two though.

Status
Not open for further replies.