Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
It would be nice to get a top class centre back next to Maguire, but Lindelof has done pretty well to date, and Bailly since coming back in, has shown glimpses of class, too. If he can stay injury free (and its a big if) then those two, along with Tuanzebe should probably be enough.

Think the three players, if we do get the mentioned three will be:

Right Winger - Sancho
Striker - Ighalo
Attacking Midfielder - ?

Season after, we should be looking to upgrade the left back and centre back position.
Why do we need to upgrade left back? More than happy with Shaw and Williams thanks.

IrishMcD

It would be nice to get a top class centre back next to Maguire, but Lindelof has done pretty well to date, and Bailly since coming back in, has shown glimpses of class, too. If he can stay injury free (and its a big if) then those two, along with Tuanzebe should probably be enough.

Right Winger - Sancho
Striker - Ighalo
Attacking Midfielder - ?

Season after, we should be looking to upgrade the left back and centre back position.
Would agree with most of that mate, other than I think we need a DM as well. Provided Pogba stays, I don't put that ahead of AM in terms of urgency.
Agree fully with your thoughts on the centreback situation at the club, but I think Tuanzebe is beginning to look like another player who is going to struggle to stay fit. I thought a few years ago that by this stage he would be well established but injuries seem to be seriously holding him back. I hope he can stay fit for a long spell in the coming season. I'd be looking to ship out Jones, Rojo, Fosu-Mensah asap and then Smalling. If Bailly can't stay fit next season, he should get the chop in summer 2021. We need to be ruthless with players who spend the majority of the time on physio table. Harsh but needs to be done.

Walters_19_MuFc

Why do we need to upgrade left back? More than happy with Shaw and Williams thanks.
Hope you noticed I put the following year, like I put with the centre back position. It may not be the case. The two could continue to put in performances whereby we don't need to upgrade. Similarly, the same could be said about Lindelof and Bailly, too. Guess time will tell. I'd be more than happy with as well, though.

croadyman

Right Winger - Sancho
Striker - Ighalo
Attacking Midfielder - ?

I like the plan but only see a move for an attacking midfielder if Pogba leaves. How do you think we would do next season if we only bring in Ighalo & Sancho.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Think its already been mentioned in here that Ornstein doesn't seem to have a clue. Just stating the obvious.
I don't think it's obvious that Champions League is not a necessary requirement for Sancho. Most people would be forgiven for thinking otherwise.

cyberman

Think its already been mentioned in here that Ornstein doesn't seem to have a clue. Just stating the obvious.
In previous tweet

I was reflecting the views of some contacts - not stating it as fact or expressing an opinion.

What a cop out. Looks like he lost contacts when he left BBC

Utdstar01

I don't think it's obvious that Champions League is not a necessary requirement for Sancho. Most people would be forgiven for thinking otherwise.
He mentioned that it's his 'preference'. Groundbreaking.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He mentioned that it's his 'preference'. Groundbreaking.
But added a host of other factors which implies Champions League straight away isn't as major a driver as many would have thought. Ornstein is a strong journalist, odd that you are suggesting otherwise.

Utdstar01

But added a host of other factors which implies Champions League straight away isn't as major a driver as many would have thought. Ornstein is a strong journalist, odd that you are suggesting otherwise.
This hasn't exactly been a secret. Never said he wasn't a strong journalist but the fact he's contradicting himself to what he was saying only a month ago suggests that he hasn't much more of a clue over Sancho than the rest of the Journalists.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This hasn't exactly been a secret. Never said he wasn't a strong journalist but the fact he's contradicting himself to what he was saying only a month ago suggests that he hasn't much more of a clue over Sancho than the rest of the Journalists.
fair enough, not sure what he said a months ago but il take your word for it if its contradicting

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Be a shame if we let Partey go to a rival, especially if he goes for a decent price.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Be a shame if we let Partey go to a rival, especially if he goes for a decent price.
It would be a shame for him. I have no belief in them doing anything relevant over the next few years. It's a downward move for him. Would be different if they had the finances to actually do something to fix their shite side, but they don't, so they won´t.

If this is some underpriced deal, surely more competitive teams will go for him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Partey going there seems like a truly baffling choice.
Premier League, London, Money and a new experience. You'd think he's moving to Newcastle ffs.

fps

Partey going there seems like a truly baffling choice.
Any player in their prime who's seriously thinking about moving to Arsenal is basically saying they don't fancy the top level.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It would be a shame for him. I have no belief in them doing anything relevant over the next few years. It's a downward move for him. Would be different if they had the finances to actually do something to fix their shite side, but they don't, so they won´t.

If this is some underpriced deal, surely more competitive teams will go for him.
Sometimes its a case of who has more need for him. No doubt we have the need for a CDM but priorities are elsewhere. For Arsenal it might be their no. 1 priority.

As highly as I rate Fred and McTominay, someone like Partey behind Fernandes and Pogba would be amazing. Match anything in the league, and maybe Europe.

Walters_19_MuFc

I like the plan but only see a move for an attacking midfielder if Pogba leaves. How do you think we would do next season if we only bring in Ighalo & Sancho.
Does that mean you feel Pogba will deputise for Bruno if/when injured/rested?

In regards to how we do next season, I think it depends on injuries. This season, we've not had any luck at all. Even worse, those injuries came to key players in our squad (Pogba, Rashford, Martial, McTominay).

Next season, if we can keep our key players fit, then I'd say we'd should comfortably looking at third place.

Think to push on from that and really challenge for the title, then we'd have to improve our squad as a whole. That said, our potential starting XI would definitely be up there with the best in the league, in my opinion, and as I said, if we can have the luxury of playing that XI most weeks like Liverpool have had in the last couple of seasons, then who knows what heights we could hit.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sometimes its a case of who has more need for him. No doubt we have the need for a CDM but priorities are elsewhere. For Arsenal it might be their no. 1 priority.

As highly as I rate Fred and McTominay, someone like Partey behind Fernandes and Pogba would be amazing. Match anything in the league, and maybe Europe.
Yeah, no doubt he'd fit in here. But I wasn't really thinking about United. I'd just be surprised if Arsenal would pull it off on the cheap without competition from better teams, with better short-term prospects. He's already at a better club.

Walters_19_MuFc

Premier League, London, Money and a new experience. You'd think he's moving to Newcastle ffs.
Haha, people are a bit crazy on here. Arsenal, despite not being the team they used to be (just like United) are still a massive club.

Signing a player like Partey, along with an attacking midfielder, would definitely be in the right direction.

Dolf

But he already has:
La Liga, Madrid, Money, Champions League, a chance at silverware.
If he were to trade those in for something else then Arsenal would be a step backwards in my opinion. It's definitely something different, but not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.