Hoof the ball

Rashford---------Martial---------Sancho
--------------------Fernandes-------------------
---------Pogba---------------McSauce---------
--Shaw-----Slab-----Lindelof-----AWB-----

:drool::drool:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Huge risk when he's done his cruciate. It's just not the same after that. Broken bones are fine, cruciate, something else
entirely.
He's what...23 or so? Surely they're are cases of players getting back to their peak post ligament damage?
How much did you value him before his injury?
Sancho is rumoured to be going for €120m. Personally, I'd value Sane at about the same.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Huge risk when he's done his cruciate. It's just not the same after that. Broken bones are fine, cruciate, something else entirely.
I don't know man. The doctors now are so good. Not too long ago it was almost a career-ending injury.

City will have juiced him up for a better recovery no doubt!

Sanche7

Rashford---------Martial---------Sancho
--------------------Fernandes-------------------
---------Pogba---------------McSauce---------
--Shaw-----Slab-----Lindelof-----AWB-----

:drool::drool:
:drool:
Add a top class DM or a young and upcoming player with loads of potential (as I don't trust matic especially considering his age) and maybe upgrade the LB and CB position and IMO our rebuild will be complete, provided Rash, Martial and Sancho develop and realize their potential

Garry Buck

I think we will sign 3 players this summer and I think they will be Sancho, Bellingham and a new CB. I think Pogba will stay. I think we will also sign Ighalo on a permanent deal but I haven’t included him as he is part of the team already. What would you guys think of that summer business?

ehsanul

Bestower of favours
I think we will sign 3 players this summer and I think they will be Sancho, Bellingham and a new CB. I think Pogba will stay. I think we will also sign Ighalo on a permanent deal but I haven’t included him as he is part of the team already. What would you guys think of that summer business?
It will be a title challenging team if that happens.

SAFMUTD

It will be a title challenging team if that happens.
We would be two midfielders short to be challenging to be honest, Bellingham is not going to make an instant impact on the team he's 16. I don't think he can make it right away, honestly from the little Ive seen from him he seems pretty average besides for the fact that he's a 16 year old starting in the Championship.

RedDevilRoshi

I’d be satisfied with that although depends who the CB is you think we will sign. Confident that it’s a top 4 team but a little short for now in terms of mounting a serious title challenge to Liverpool/City. Would like to see us add a defensive midfielder like a Thomas Partey or Denis Zakaria.

Last edited:

Withnail

I don't know man. The doctors now are so good. Not too long ago it was almost a career-ending injury.

City will have juiced him up for a better recovery no doubt!
It was a terrible injury years ago but I don't think it's a big deal anymore for most players with the advancement in treatments.

Keane did his in 97 and he did alright for us after that.

croadyman

I’d be satisfied with that although depends who the CB is you think we will. Confident that it’s a top 4 team but a little short for now in terms of mounting a serious title challenge to Liverpool/City. Would like to see us add a defensive midfielder like a Thomas Partey or Denis Zakaria.
Do you think a DLP like Saul could work in our midfield or does it have to be more of a natural DM.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It was a terrible injury years ago but I don't think it's a big deal anymore for most players with the advancement in treatments.

Keane did his in 97 and he did alright for us after that.
Sadly it still does affect you. It’s not career ending which is good but players have to adapt and change their playing style somewhat

Sea-Cow

Do you think a DLP like Saul could work in our midfield or does it have to be more of a natural DM.
You didn't ask me, but I think a natural DM would be preferable. Saul is a quality footballer so he would obviously improve the side, but I think we should be going after a young, more mobile version of Matic.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Sadly it still does affect you. It’s not career ending which is good but players have to adapt and change their playing style somewhat
I know I'm not a high level athlete, but I did mine about 1 year ago and I'm 8 months post-op now, and I can't walk properly. It's a miracle that they can even rebuild it with tendons, but it's just not the same.

He relies on his speed. That could be a bit issue.

RedDevilRoshi

A more natural DM would be my choice.

Saúl is a brilliant player but if you are looking for a system that fits both Pogba & Bruno into the team then I think you need a good solid DM in there that will do the sort of dirty work required that allows Pogba & Bruno to get forward as much as possible to support the front 3. Get them in the areas that are going to cause the opposition problems. I don’t think a Saúl-Pogba-Bruno midfield would work against say if we were playing someone like City or Liverpool. I think we’d get overrun. If you want to fit Saúl in, then you’ll need to drop either Pogba or Bruno and bring someone like Matic into the fold.

That’s why if Pogba was to stay and there was enough money available to purchase a midfielder, I’d personally prefer a natural DM like Partey or Zakaria rather than a DLP like Saúl. Matic is the only real natural DM and isn’t exactly going to be here the next 5+ years. A more, younger and mobile DM would give us a real good balance to the team.

croadyman

A more natural DM would be my choice.

Saúl is a brilliant player but if you are looking for a system that fits both Pogba & Bruno into the team then I think you need a good solid DM in there that will do the sort of dirty work required that allows Pogba & Bruno to get forward as much as possible to support the front 3. Get them in the areas that are going to cause the opposition problems. I don’t think a Saúl-Pogba-Bruno midfield would work against say if we were playing someone like City or Liverpool. I think we’d get overrun. If you want to fit Saúl in, then you’ll need to drop either Pogba or Bruno and bring someone like Matic into the fold.

That’s why if Pogba was to stay and there was enough money available to purchase a midfielder, I’d personally prefer a natural DM like Partey or Zakaria rather than a DLP like Saúl. Matic is the only real natural DM and isn’t exactly going to be here the next 5+ years. A more, younger and mobile DM would give us a real good balance to the team.
Yeah I would like us to keep Pogba and sign a natural DM but my gut feeling is that Ole isn't prioritising that position

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think the idea will be to develop McTominay and Fred into that holding midfielder to be honest, and it does make a bit of sense. Against lower sides Pogba-Bruno+1 should work, and against the top sides you could shuffle it to bring in the extra midfielder and make it more solid.

We also have a lot of youth that should be knocking on the door within 2-3 years

MrPooni

Flashbacks to 2014.

"We can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of."

Watch this space.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
While hopefully true and we can some how benefit from this horrible situation, I'm not confident it will help out ability to offload the likes of:

Rojo
Jones,
Smalling,
Pereira
Lingard

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't see top end player values dropping. The selling clubs aren't cash strapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.