Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriac

I'm trying to think of why our name has been thrown in despite not having actually been in touch with Lille for a while. Either we've actually entered the chase in an effort to get Gabriel for a relative bargain, or Lille want to extract a little bit more money and are name-dropping us to both Napoli and Arsenal. The latter seems somewhat unlikely given that Lille have agreed on the deals for a while now, and the former sort of makes sense given that we've already approached Gabriel's agents and might want to ensure that he doesn't move anywhere so soon.
We could also have done this to get another club to agree to lower their fee to what we consider reasonable. As in threaten to go for Gabriel instead if they don't play ball.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
We could also have done this to get another club to agree to lower their fee to what we consider reasonable. As in threaten to go for Gabriel instead if they don't play ball.
That could also be the case, but which other defender would we be chasing? Other than Gabriel, there have been no somewhat-reliable reports on us going after any other defender (note: I may be forgetting one or a few of them).

prateik

Sounds like a case of mentioning us to get the other clubs to finalize the deal..

Marvin-ator

So buying British is a fear-driven (precaution first) policy because of what happened with CR7 and Di Maria?
No. But I think it reduces the risk of being from overseas somewhat. There are a loads examples of overseas players that settle well, perform well and reject the pull of a foreign super club, however, I'm almost certain that there are more that moved from abroad and been a costly mistake that fans have failed to warm to.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
United left it too late, he won't be able to resist the appeal of London de Janeiro FC :cool:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is interesting. It seems like Gabriel wants to know if we're serious as well before making his move. That explains the stronger United links now.

EDIT: This could also be his agent trying to get us involved in order to have potential for a bigger paycheck.

Amarsdd

United left it too late, he won't be able to resist the appeal of London de Janeiro FC :cool:
yeah, Gabriel chose Arsenal over United. LOL
Anyway how many Brazilian players are now at Arsenal?

dev1l

New manager who failed with Everton versus Barcelona's best ever player.
Gonna be a close one.
Will Koeman do a Moysey and tell Lionel to learn from to do things from Everton s greats during his time at Goodison ?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Leeds are targeting Rodrigo of Valencia.

This comes after reports from Spain that Valencia are looking to sell him to balance the books.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

This comes after reports from Spain that Valencia are looking to sell him to balance the books.
Would be a serious coup for Leeds. Can't see it happening.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I'm just surprised that more clubs aren't being linked with him. He'd be a great player for most clubs in Europe.
Yeah I even think he'd be a very good option for us. Has the versatility to improve our squad depth.

dev1l

There s also a rumour that a club who put in a bid for him, retracted the bid because they didn't like his attitude.
I m assuming that at this stage, only Arsenal are still interested and Lille are trying to use us to get more money from the gunners.(some twatters also suggested that a medical for him in London has already been booked)
What's for sure is that some time ago we asked Lille to keep us informed about any offers.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Wonder if there's anything in the Kante links and if so could we come up with something creative.

Let's say Chelsea can get Rice for between £50m and £60m and Henderson signs a new 5 or 6 year deal with United.

Then I think i'd take £50m and Henderson on loan for 3 years (no recall, can play everything) for Kante.

Amarsdd

Wonder if there's anything in the Kante links and if so could we come up with something creative.

Let's say Chelsea can get Rice for between £50m and £60m and Henderson signs a new 5 or 6 year deal with United.

Then I think i'd take £50m and Henderson on loan for 3 years (no recall, can play everything) for Kante.
yeah, sure. No problem at all.

prateik

:lol:
I don't think anyone is paying 50m for Kante.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

You’d let us have a 29yr old Kante who relies massively on physicality for 50m plus Henderson on a 3 year loan in a post COVID market? That’s very generous of you :lol:

HabeasC

Think that deal is a bit unfair on Chelsea. What if we threw in Bruno as well?

cyberman

It really hurts Chelsea fans feelings that Dean is a Utd player.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Oh no, just getting my relegation candidates prediction in early:wenger:

:lol:
Dude wasn't good enough for Brighton last season, gets linked to Chelsea and now he is 50m+ take it or leave it? Dreaming indeed.
I'm guessing you've seen him play a grand total of zero minutes. He wasn't out on loan because he wasn't deemed good enough he was put there so he could play every single game and develop as Brighton had a solid CB partnership already established in Dunk and Duffy as well as having Webster too.

He was by a million miles the standout player in the Championship let alone defender and is more than good enough to play at the top level.

Lacking knowledge is fine, some don't watch other teams but then don't go making stupid (and rude) comments on the assumption that he can't be good because you aren't aware of it.

El-Manos

Any other brilliant Transfer swaps you Want to share?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Rodrigo has always had a very complicated ownership arrangement if I’m not mistaken, it will be a complicated deal to do, and one of the reasons he has not gotten his annually touted move I suspect.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
You’d let us have a 29yr old Kante who relies massively on physicality for 50m plus Henderson on a 3 year loan in a post COVID market? That’s very generous of you :lol:
Think of all the practice Henderson would get :lol:

Think that deal is a bit unfair on Chelsea. What if we threw in Bruno as well?
We're good for pens.

No but seriously I agree that deal would favour Chelsea but I could see United doing such a deal, especially if Henderson knew it was an option prior to renewing i'd imagine it'd be a move he'd fancy while de Gea further deteriorates he'd likely be even more ready to take the no.1 spot then as well as having got rid of the "it's different playing for a top side, hasn't played CL" stigmas.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Rodrigo has always had a very complicated ownership arrangement if I’m not mistaken, it will be a complicated deal to do, and one of the reasons he has not gotten his annually touted move I suspect.
Ah, he's owned by a third party, isn't he (apparently it's Peter Lim after a quick Google search)? Yeah, that'll make things more difficult.

Amarsdd

Think of all the practice Henderson would get :lol:

We're good for pens.

No but seriously I agree that deal would favour Chelsea but I could see United doing such a deal, especially if Henderson knew it was an option prior to renewing i'd imagine it'd be a move he'd fancy while de Gea further deteriorates he'd likely be even more ready to take the no.1 spot then as well as having got rid of the "it's different playing for a top side, hasn't played CL" stigmas.
that sort of deal would be possible (still very unlikely) if Chelsea weren't a direct rival or it was like the Serie A, but not in any realm of possibility right now.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
that sort of deal would be possible (still very unlikely) if Chelsea weren't a direct rival or it was like the Serie A, but not in any realm of possibility right now.
Depends on how you weigh things up, though I agree English cubs and fans struggle to view these things practically.

Basically if United view de Gea as no.1 and Henderson will be loaned out in any case then that makes no impact to the strength of United's side.(neutral)

If there was interest in Kante then it's assumed it's because he is viewed as making United's side better. (positive)

And Henderson playing for a rival is only a discernible difference if you believe either Chelsea will sign no keeper if it isn't Henderson or that Henderson is exponentially better than the alternative keepers Chelsea could sign (highly unlikely and in any case very marginal negative)

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
yeah, Gabriel chose Arsenal over United. LOL
Anyway how many Brazilian players are now at Arsenal?
Martinelli, Luiz, Willian, Mari played in Brazil so he counts, Cedric speaks portuguese so he automatically qualifies and if you look quickly Guendouzi is also brazilian.
And soon we'll add Gabriel after he REJECT and SNUB United to play for The Arsenal.

croadyman

Martinelli, Luiz, Willian, Mari played in Brazil so he counts, Cedric speaks portuguese so he automatically qualifies and if you look quickly Guendouzi is also brazilian.
And soon we'll add Gabriel after he REJECT and SNUB United to play for The Arsenal.
Can't reject and snub us if we weren't really interested but you believe that if it makes you feel better

croadyman

What Kante links have I missed something

Status
Not open for further replies.