Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How's that possible? I think La Liga mandates release clauses?
Yeah, I'm surprised as well, but he's not the only one, apparently. Iker Muniain signed a contract renewal in 2018 that also doesn't have a release clause.

According to that article:
Since Decree 1006 in 1985 which established release clauses there have only been a handful of cases where a player elected not to insert a clause in their contract. Muniain’s new deal is extremely rare in Spanish football, although it is legal, and sends a very clear message about his intentions and the goal of Athletic.
Also:
Iker Muniain plans to spend the rest of his career at Athletic, but there is already a serious question being asked. Without a release clause, what happens if he decides that he wants to leave the club? The player would not be stuck at the club with no way out, but for another team to sign him they would have to go through a very difficult process that makes it unlikely to ever happen.

Article 16 of the Decree of 1985 states that a judge must be the one to make a ruling on what the compensation would be if a club were to sign a player that doesn’t have a release clause. Contrary to popular belief, release clauses are not mandatory in Spain, but players are still protected in the sense that a judge can determine their value.

croadyman

Maybe we will switch from signing CB to attacking LB this summer if there is anything in Athletic story about us continuing to scout Upamecano over the next season. Still nothing at all about a DM though which suggests this isn't a priority until at least next summer by the looks of it.

Infra-red

Maybe we will switch from signing CB to attacking LB this summer if there is anything in Athletic story about us continuing to scout Upamecano over the next season. Still nothing at all about a DM though which suggests this isn't a priority until at least next summer by the looks of it.
We don't have the money for anything except Sancho. That is the main limiting factor.

If we can't get Sancho over the line, I expect we'll see the club scramble to get a few smaller targets completed in the final few days of the window.

Chairman Steve

can’t say I have seen anything of him
I hope one of those three sign him, just so there’s a chance he scores a screamer and a commentator yells “MORON!!” on television.

Rod Fanni was the dream, but this is the next best thing.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Izzy Brown goes on yet another loan.

I thought he'd be further ahead than this when he debuted as a 16-year-old for West Brom in the Premier League.

Rolaholic

10m a season at Benfica in a covid market??

Are Benfica laundering money on the side or what?

No Love

Izzy Brown goes on yet another loan.

I thought he'd be further ahead than this when he debuted as a 16-year-old for West Brom in the Premier League.
‘Kinell. Another loan. A quick Google search shows he’s had 9 clubs and hasn’t managed more than 25 league appearances for any of them. He’s going to make Freddy Adu look like a one club man when all is said and done. 23 now, too. Surely much more was expected from him by this stage.

Red Daz

This must be the most boring transfer window I’ve ever witnessed ( so far) .

Covids done a right number on big money dealings, wake me up when the season starts

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Spending the money they got for Felix last summer.
Totally forgot they were still sitting pretty on the Felix money since last year :lol:

Makes much more sense
They are, but to be fair, they made a bunch of other signings before this in Vertonghen, Waldschmidt, and Everton Soares. I doubt that Vertonghen in particular would be on lesser wages.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like Pirlo actually wants Dzeko first and foremost now.

Summary of the rest of the article:
  • Dzeko has not expressed a desire to leave Roma...yet.
  • If Dzeko does leave, they might go after Milik, but Milik hasn't expressed a desire to move to Rome.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
10m a season at Benfica in a covid market??

Are Benfica laundering money on the side or what?
Given that he's joining them on a free their outlay could still be perfectly reasonable.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’m honestly not convinced by a defender who’s on the market for £20m and Arsenal and Everton are hovering round. I suppose the price is worth a punt but we don’t want more deadwood on our hands. Any French football fans know if he’s any good?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I’m honestly not convinced by a defender who’s on the market for £20m and Arsenal and Everton are hovering round. I suppose the price is worth a punt but we don’t want more deadwood on our hands. Any French football fans know if he’s any good?
That seems to be around the price range we're looking to spend on a centre back. Paul Hirst said we really like Pau Torres but we were put off by his release clause.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Here's the actual article for anyone who's interested:

The relevant part:
As it stands, Arsenal seem the favorite club to sign the player, with a 26 + 4 million offer: the same amount offered by Napoli. But today Manchester United has joined the race for the defender, asking itself some time. A proper auction, but with tight deadlines: Gabriel would like to decide his future within 48 hours, and the weekend could bring new developments.
That doesn't seem to indicate that we've put in a formal offer. It could just mean that we're just getting in touch with Lille, but that seems quite speculative. We won't know if we've put in a formal offer until one of the French sources reports on this.

Last edited:

onemanarmy

Classless post. Sums up much of the Chelsea contingent infesting the forum, with the odd exception.
Yeah, absolute bullshit post. Awful lot of terrible Chelsea fans signed up lately, Mount's Goatieson probably the worst of them.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm trying to think of why our name has been thrown in despite not having actually been in touch with Lille for a while. Either we've actually entered the chase in an effort to get Gabriel for a relative bargain, or Lille want to extract a little bit more money and are name-dropping us to both Napoli and Arsenal. The latter seems somewhat unlikely given that Lille have agreed on the deals for a while now, and the former sort of makes sense given that we've already approached Gabriel's agents and might want to ensure that he doesn't move anywhere so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.