g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's obviously complete rubbish, but just imagine if we pulled off the Messi signing. It would allow Ed to gloat about his big deal, and we would likely be the only team to ever have had both Ronaldo and Messi. Awesome.
I am actually amazed it has taken this long for us to get connected to Messi. Ed is losing his touch.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
An update from Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on Thiago:

Original source

Quotes:
We always read a lot about Liverpool, but they haven’t contacted us yet. Yesterday we had the meeting with our employees and his whole family was there, and they wandered around the square in great nostalgia [in the Allianz Arena], I would say. It looked a lot like goodbye, as if he had made up his mind.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@Shipperley Bouhafsi reports that Crystal Palace made a bid for Jean-Philippe Mateta. Negotiations continue between them and Mainz.

EDIT: Adding the Tweet here instead of adding an unnecessary notification:

That is a decent amount of money for such a raw player. If Mainz have rejected that, then they must find him to be quite promising.

Last edited:

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
An absolute bargain. We need a replacement for Matic and should definitely be making contact at these prices.
I thought clubs would jump on him the second the window opened. They are forced to sell and was linked to many clubs but mainly abroad. Maybe he wants to remain in Spain and had to wait for offers. If he's to be their Partey replacement that's good for us, means there's movement and we're about to trigger his release clause.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The commercial boost alone from signing Messi would help the club long term to translate that to higher income. Ronaldo’s signing overnight made Juve a much bigger commercial brand. How exactly is Sancho in the same stratosphere as Messi? Any fee for him would pay itself back over time and I don’t mean shirt sales, I mean increased brand awareness, more social media followers and in turn would have more brands willing to fork out more to be associated with the club.
I didn't say anything about their talents. During this pandemic, we cant raise or not willing to risk 90-100m down payment to sign Sancho. Messi would obviously cost more than that and Barca is as bad as BD to deal with. Ofcourse I would like to have Messi on right and Ronaldo on left but there is always something called as being realistic :)

youmeletsfly

His release clause is 700m euros isn’t it? Nobody is paying that for a 33 year old. Not even PSG. I thought the rumours were Barca were open to him leaving.
Of course they are.

If the rumors are true, Messi is on something like ~90 mil/year(including bonuses).
With the situation they're in, his salary is kinda damaging the club's finances.

They'll have to look at both sides of the coin:
- do they let him leave for some 70-100 mil, free 90 mil in wages, lose some shirt sales and his guaranteed 30 goals and 20 assists per season - would involve other players stepping up and would leave room for investment
- do they keep him for his performances and his marketing stuff and get rid of others to compensate the financial "loss" of his salary - would involve the risk of letting him leave on a free - letting some other players go, and so on

Anyone who thinks the release clause is of any importance, given the period we live in and it's crazy value, is absolutely batshit crazy.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Isn't Messi on/near £1m per week? Why is the possibility even being thought about here? You've just got the anchor of Sanchez's massive wages off your books and yet him go for free to do so.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I find it odd how little our name has been used in the press the last few weeks. Barely any fake stories even.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I think you do Ole a disservice there. I don't think he's happy to 'plod along being United manager and getting paid handsomely' as you state. He wants the club to be winning trophies, and playing attacking, entertaining football. I have no doubt that he has made his requirements to Ed and the board, and is waiting patiently, as we are, for any of those requirements to come to fruition. He is not a manager who will walk away from United if he doesn't get the players he wants, unlike some, he will stay and do what he can to get the club back competing for the big trophies. He also believes in the academy, and has said on numerous occasions that this is a long term plan, which could take several years before everything is in place to be successful. He loves this club, and the supporters, and will sweat blood to achieve that, but unfortunately, on here, if he doesn't achieve things in 5 minutes, then he should go.
Of course he wants but i don't ever see him fighting for it or risking rocking the boat. He'll just toe the company line.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Isn't Messi on/near £1m per week? Why is the possibility even being thought about here? You've just got the anchor of Sanchez's massive wages off your books and yet him go for free to do so.
If the player is performing then massive wages is never a problem. Problem with Sanchez was not wages, it was wages for a player who player very poorly.

Kearnkoff69

Neither City, nor PSG nor Inter, United are the club that negotiates to sign Messi . "In fact, as Deportes Cuatro has been able to know, the English club has already ordered a rapprochement with Leo Messi and would have begun their efforts for his possible signing" .Not the best source unfortunately
Great, another "right winger" with no pace. It would just be Mata mk. II. Anyone going to bite?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Cagliari are set to sign Ajax's Razvan Marin for almost the same amount that Ajax paid for him: 12.5 million Euros. Standard Liege get a sell-on percentage as well.

SER19

Of course he wants but i don't ever see him fighting for it or risking rocking the boat. He'll just toe the company line.
Not a go at you but I see this a lot and think it's pretty lazy, based on not much more than the idea of him being a 'nice guy'. If the other extreme is as unsettling as mourinho which nobody wants, how do we gauge managers in between these extremes and how they do or don't interact with boards. Not much more than gut feeling I suspect

joedirt87

Messi must be going for a bigger extension and pay raise than usual if we are linked.

Rolaholic

Barca needs to give that man a new deal.
Not sure it's money he's after this time around, more likely better management at the club given their appalling recruitment and coaching recently leading to a dire financial situation at the club.

There were groans throughout the season that he was growing more and more fed up with their president and board and the direction they've taken the club.

I'm sure the all time embarrassment at the hands of Bayern didn't help things either...

Not sure why he'd swap one mess for another though in a Woodward/Glazer run club :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It won't happen and is mad to even consider it.

But comparing Sanchez to Messi in any way is silly.

dev1l

Of course, de Laurentiis would want the most money that he can get. He's been trying to sell Koulibaly for big bucks for years. Allan is going to be as tough if not tougher for Everton.
It s his last chance to get good money for Koulibaly.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
@Shipperley Bouhafsi reports that Crystal Palace made a bid for Jean-Philippe Mateta. Negotiations continue between them and Mainz.
Thanks mate, will see how that one develops then. Seems we are pretty active at the moment...Eze, Fraser, Bella-Kotchap and Mateta all strongly linked this week.

Still secretly hoping for Batshuayi back to be honest but I don't think that'll happen.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Thanks mate, will see how that one develops then. Seems we are pretty active at the moment...Eze, Fraser, Bella-Kotchap and Mateta all strongly linked this week.

Still secretly hoping for Batshuayi back to be honest but I don't think that'll happen.
When I take a step back and assess their targets, those are pretty good for any football club. I wonder if Crystal Palace's management will be able to integrate and develop them. Are Hodgson and his coaching staff willing to give a chance to their young players with raw potential?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not sure it's money he's after this time around, more likely better management at the club given their appalling recruitment and coaching recently leading to a dire financial situation at the club.

There were groans throughout the season that he was growing more and more fed up with their president and board and the direction they've taken the club.

I'm sure the all time embarrassment at the hands of Bayern didn't help things either...

Not sure why he'd swap one mess for another though in a Woodward/Glazer run club :lol:
Pretty sure it has to do with the president and his cronies leaking behind back that his wage is handicapping the club. He also has a contract that's running out in 2022 and he's been on record saying he wants to end his career in Argentina so he probably just wants some revised terms to build his nest egg.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
When I take a step back and assess their targets, those are pretty good for any football club. I wonder if Crystal Palace's management will be able to integrate and develop them. Are Hodgson and his coaching staff willing to give a chance to their young players with raw potential?
Knowing Roy and his penchant for experience I don't think any of them would go straight in to the team for the first few games of the season. If we signed Fraser he'd have a shot but he's been without a club for a while so probably not fit enough anyway.

We've already signed Nathan Ferguson as well so would expect all of them to start on the bench and grow in to the team. Like the direction we seem to be moving in though, much rather this than more Bentekes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Marc Roca supposedly heading to Atleti on the cheap.

passing-wind

Those are some good options. I reckon Eze could have a Madison like effect on the league if he's able to adapt to the level of consistency needed.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I think he would push back and fight for it, but not in the media.
I think there needs to be at least a modicum of a threat of it going to media for it to carry any weight.

Not a go at you but I see this a lot and think it's pretty lazy, based on not much more than the idea of him being a 'nice guy'. If the other extreme is as unsettling as mourinho which nobody wants, how do we gauge managers in between these extremes and how they do or don't interact with boards. Not much more than gut feeling I suspect
You want a balance of course, not extremes like Mourinho or Conte or at the other end of the scale (I suspect) Solskjaer or someone like Sarri.

Lampard called out the board for not backing him last January. Sean Dyche does it pretty well balanced while still being a "club man". Roy Hodgson does it in a different way by saying things like "we talked to the agent and realised we couldn't compete" which then leaves fans asking "hang on, why can't we compete"

Unless you have owners who are motivated themselves to chase glory, the club and in turn fans will get taken for a ride if there is a manager in place not willing to stick his neck on the line partially at least in order to increase fan pressure on the board. Managers that choose or are not willing to publicly pressure their board usually end up sacrificing themselves without even realising it (see Wenger latter years, Bruce at Newcastle in comparison to Rafa) The end result will often be you being sacked by the people you put yourself in the firing line for.

Status
Not open for further replies.