Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparx99

I agree. Just want to understand who will play alongside him, and who will be benched.
Well assuming we only signed Messi then he’d play from the right wing instead of Greenwood. Greenwood would then be first change for either Messi or Martial depending on form and rest needed.

sparx99

So the clause for Messi to be allowed to leave on a free aka a gentleman's agreement has expired...... So that's that then. They aren't going to sell him for anything less than 200m even at his age so it's a total non story.

And if they do agree to sell him I wouldn't want to be the man who signs that off. There will be some very angry catalans let's just say that much.

He's going to end up staying.
I could see the Ronaldo deal happening. €100m for a player who while still amazing is past his peak and can only go one way.

From Barca’s point of view they got 15-16 years out of him and he won everything and they could get a fee for him to help rebuild and lower their wage bill.

There wasn’t too many complaints at Madrid when Ronaldo left.

ATXRedDevil

Yeah this is just him having his annual hissy fit. He will end up staying.

No way are Barca dumb enough to let him leave on a free to any club he chooses. And if I'm wrong and they have then good luck to whoever the man was who agreed to that deal. He will be dead by the end of the year.....
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/lionel-messi-leave-barcelona-contract-clause-a4353711.html
Unless this is straight up fabricating quotes...

“Commenting on that clause, Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu told Barca TV: "Messi signed until 2021. It was agreed that at the end of the penultimate season he is at liberty to leave for free.

"He has earned that freedom to decide his future, but he is very Cule and I am calm. Xavi, Iniesta and Puyol had the same clause.”

I guess it doesn’t get into the details, but you would think he would point out a restriction As to it only applying to non European clubs. Barca are scum if they go back on this. Is their position in February that he can’t leave at the end of the season (June) but after covid that he would have had to quit on the team BEFORE the end of the season when the club was still playing in the league and still in the champions league? If it’s about respect and Messi “earned the freedom” to decide his future, that should apply now as it would have in June if covid didn’t delay the season.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Messi will not leave, this is another power play and no doubt a reaction to the Koeman appointment and his subsequent telling to Suarez (Messi's best buddy and their families do everything together) that he is not in his plans and will have to leave. Huge mistake.

This threat from Messi will see the president resign (you do not want to go down as the guy that oversaw the departure of Messi) and emergency elections, that new guy comes in, Koeman is sacked and Xavi is appointed. Messi stays, as does Suarez.

Coops73

Messi will not leave, this is another power play and no doubt a reaction to the Koeman appointment and his subsequent telling to Suarez (Messi's best buddy and their families do everything together) that he is not in his plans and will have to leave. Huge mistake.

This threat from Messi will see the president resign (you do not want to go down as the guy that oversaw the departure of Messi) and emergency elections, that new guy comes in, Koeman is sacked and Xavi is appointed. Messi stays, as does Suarez.
(If true) And people thought what goes on at our club was a fecking shit show.

Adamsk7

This is actually quite likely

Suv666

This makes sense. Although I dont blame Messi for trying to out the president. The decisions made at Barca in the market have been shocking to say the least.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Torino are making moves. They've already gotten Ricardo Rodriguez, Karol Linetty, and Mergim Vojvoda. This time, they're targeting Leicester's Dennis Praet, who played under Marco Giampaolo at Sampdoria.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The story is picking up. :(
It wouldn't surprise me; getting Messi would be a huge power play with City and make everyone take them seriously. PSG have already drummed up a bunch of interest in them via the CL final; City getting Messi would exceed that.

I'm pretty sure that Messi would revel in playing under Pep again. He's had his best football under Pep.

croadyman

It wouldn't surprise me; getting Messi would be a huge power play with City and make everyone take them seriously. PSG have already drummed up a bunch of interest in them via the CL final; City getting Messi would exceed that.

I'm pretty sure that Messi would revel in playing under Pep again. He's had his best football under Pep.
The only thing this might do if it was true would finally push our inept board to finally pull the trigger on Sancho,while we are it go and get Jack and a CB as well though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Napoli evaluate Eric Garcia as an alternative to Gabriel after missing out on him. He might play a part in the Koulibaly deal.

The only problem for Napoli is that Eric Garcia would rather go back to Barcelona, though things might change given recent developments.

croadyman

Messi to City has to equal us signing BOTH SANCHO AND GREALISH, anything less than that is total failure. Yes I know it won't be cheap but gotta make it happen.

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It has been a good day of transfers.
It was about time. I feel stuffed.
The best of all is that Messi's nuclear bomb can bring a lot of news in the coming days.
In the event that they let him go, but at a sensible price, we could finally see a good swap deal, Lautaro for example, or good players from PSG, City or United, who knows.
The icing on the cake is that loads of shit will continue to come out in the Messi-Barcelona war, surely dressing room issues

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ok forget the CB then
Keep in mind that City themselves are trying to deny these rumours and not get drawn into this. As much as they're interested, they'd be interested like any other club. The only time we'd see some movement is if Messi absolutely wants to leave Barcelona (and not just say it as a power move).

croadyman

Keep in mind that City themselves are trying to deny these rumours and not get drawn into this. As much as they're interested, they'd be interested like any other club. The only time we'd see some movement is if Messi absolutely wants to leave Barcelona (and not just say it as a power move).
Could live with only Jack if it didn't happen otherwise we get both and no questions asked

Status
Not open for further replies.