Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Bernat will be entering the final year of his contract. PSG are in negotiations with him, but Bernat is making them difficult with his greater demands.

Translation:
The defender is more greedy [weird translation of "gourmand"] than expected, discussions with PSG are not going very well.
On a side note, Bellerin continues to be linked with PSG.

Translation:
According to our information, PSG, who are looking for a right-back this summer, have been offered Arsenal player Hector Bellerin.

E-mal

Whom will Messi replace then in our starting XI? And this question again if Sancho also comes
It gives alot of options and we'd have the best attack immediately.
Sancho /Martial /Messi.

sparx99

If Messi does break that clause we should definitely be in for him! I know Ronaldo has been a qualified success at Juventus but th
Whom will Messi replace then in our starting XI? And this question again if Sancho also comes
Would it matter? It's Messi. Still a good chance he doesn't leave and this is his 'Rooney' moment. Even then you would make City and PSG 1st/2nd with us 3rd most likely I would think.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Barcelona respond to Messi:
He is definitely staying but I guess with Coronavirus pushing the league into August, June deadline can be argued against. If he really wants to leave then Barca should allow him.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This is Messi. It doesn't matter. He will be first name on the sheet no matter which team signs him

Riz

He is definitely staying but I guess with Coronavirus pushing the league into August, June deadline can be argued against. If he really wants to leave then Barca should allow him.
Well not really if this clause that supposedly expired had an expiry date of June. There’s no arguing if there’s a specific date.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
If you’re getting him for free you do everything in your power to sign him. He’s unbelievable still. The wages for 2-3 years are almost irrelevant. Talk about announcing the club are back at the top top again. First CL football, then Messi. Ditching Sanchez, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Mata and Lingard is nearly 1m a week, which is what Messi would demand. Add a couple of other signings at CB and maybe DM and our wage bill isn’t much higher and the squad is a shit ton better. Not to mention the massive commercial impact of would have.

im still sceptical we could sign him, and I think city with Pep, and the former Barça directors there, have to be hot favourites. But we should be in the conversation. It might also count against them that with Kaldoon’s statement today, it appears that this will be Pep’s last season coming up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So the clause for Messi to be allowed to leave on a free aka a gentleman's agreement has expired...... So that's that then. They aren't going to sell him for anything less than 200m even at his age so it's a total non story.

And if they do agree to sell him I wouldn't want to be the man who signs that off. There will be some very angry catalans let's just say that much.

He's going to end up staying.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How the heck did Barcelona ever give Messi a free transfer in his contract anyway?!

That's the bit that gets me.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
How the heck did Barcelona ever give Messi a free transfer in his contract anyway?!

That's the bit that gets me.
There's a lot of rumours surrounding that clause and I seem to remember reading that it's true but only to a club not in Europe so that he could go back to Argentina if he chose.

There's not a chance in hell Barca ever agreed to let him leave for free to just anyone. What would stop Madrid then swooping in? They wouldn't want him to join another big club in Europe even in another country. It would be a death sentence.

If he leaves for free it will to go back home, to go to the MLS, Qatar or somewhere like that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's a lot of rumours surrounding that clause and I seem to remember reading that it's true but only to a club not in Europe so that he could go back to Argentina if he chose.

There's not a chance in hell Barca ever agreed to let him leave for free to just anyone. What would stop Madrid then swooping in? They wouldn't want him to join another big club in Europe even in another country. It would be a death sentence.

If he leaves for free it will to go back home, to go to the MLS, Qatar or somewhere like that.
That makes a lot more sense.

The smart money still has to be him staying put for a year

FromTheBench

I doubt messi goes to Madrid either way. It will ruin his legacy at Barca

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That makes a lot more sense.

The smart money still has to be him staying put for a year
Yeah this is just him having his annual hissy fit. He will end up staying.

No way are Barca dumb enough to let him leave on a free to any club he chooses. And if I'm wrong and they have then good luck to whoever the man was who agreed to that deal. He will be dead by the end of the year.....

GwilDor

Interesting thing this "clause" he has. Apparently valid between "end of season" and June 10th, if he wants to activate it. However, with COVID-19 pushing the "end of season" so late, it makes for interesting legal disputes i'm sure. Anyways, i'm positive Barca never thought he'd actually activate the clause, and if he did, surely there is something regulating what clubs he can sign with after using it, something like @Nou_Camp99 said definately makes sense.
As for our so-called interest in signing him. I'm sure Ed would be throbbing for Messi in a United shirt. However, it does not fit our current path imo. Yes, we are piecing together a young team in need of leadership, however i do not see Messi filling that role. Economically i'm sure we could pull it off, but it would restrict us for the time of his contract, which would be to detriment of the squad.
All that being said, and i hate saying this. Why on earth would Messi want to leave Barca to join a turmoiled United? Only 2 teams i'd join if i was Messi would be Bayern or Juventus. Teams able to walk it in the league, more or less, and have a decent shot at the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.