Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah and the small matter that your owner is minted but actually cares about what happens on the pitch
He clearly cares as you say and wants to see us back at the top but I don't actually think he's as personally involved as people think he is. Like, I highly doubt he tells our board "sign these specific players." We just have a very good board who know how to get shit done.

Also can't hurt that two huge legends of our club in Lampard and Cech (our sporting director basically) seem to be heavily involved in convincing these players to come to us. All of Ziyech, Werner, and now Chilwell have mentioned how talks with Lampard were key. He's been talking to Havertz as well.

dbs235

Would Roman be giving them more money than last season? :eek:
Have to say it doesn't seem like they'll have overpaid for any of them and getting Silva for free is the icing on the cake.

Amarsdd

Chelsea spent £234 in 2017/2018 and £187m in 2018/2019. We're only getting this whole ruining football again vibe about these transfers because people rate the players we're signing this summer highly compared to the bulk of the players we've signed in the last 3 summers.
tbf you lot have given that vibe for almost two decades now

croadyman

He clearly cares as you say and wants to see us back at the top but I don't actually think he's as personally involved as people think he is. Like, I highly doubt he tells our board "sign these specific players." We just have a very good board who know how to get shit done.

Also can't hurt that two huge legends of our club in Lampard and Cech (our sporting director basically) seem to be heavily involved in convincing these players to come to us. All of Ziyech, Werner, and now Chilwell have mentioned how talks with Lampard were key. He's been talking to Havertz as well.
How the other half live and wouldn't know what a sporting director does because we have two clowns in charge of negotiations who have egos the size of the Eiffel Tower and aren't willing to appoint people who actually understand Football for the good of the club

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
tbf you lot have given that vibe for almost two decades now
I think City, PSG and Real Madrid took that mantle from us for a period. I certainly haven't encountered as many complaints about Chelsea's spending in previous windows as I have this summer.

Adamsk7

Why are people moaning about Chelsea? They spent 0 last summer due to the ban so obviously this year was gonna be a bigger investment. If they spent even £250m then £125m per season is what you’d expect from a top club.

If we sign Sancho and only Sancho, we’ll have spent similar money to them over two seasons. Actually more because they have had more incoming from player sales.

dove

Why are people moaning about Chelsea? They spent 0 last summer due to the ban so obviously this year was gonna be a bigger investment. If they spent even £250m then £125m per season is what you’d expect from a top club.

If we sign Sancho and only Sancho, we’ll have spent similar money to them over two seasons. Actually more because they have had more incoming from player sales.
People are moaning about everything.

Amarsdd

I think City, PSG and Real Madrid took that mantle from us for a period. I certainly haven't encountered as many complaints about Chelsea's in previous windows as I have this summer.
Yeah, you've gone pretty much under the radar in the recent years due to them clubs. Even this window, don't think you are getting complaints from media, are you? I think its only from opposition fans. Even United gets that complaint from opposition fans.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Chelsea posted a 90m loss last season. Even factoring in the Hazard and Morata money spending over 200m after posting such losses during a global pandemic when there is no money from crowds is absolutely not what you’d expect from any club.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, you've gone pretty much under the radar in the recent years due to them clubs. Even this window, don't think you are getting complaints from media, are you? I think its only from opposition fans. Even United gets that complaint from opposition fans.
It's mostly opposition fans, and I actually don't mind it because, as I said, I view the complaints as a sort of seal of approval from opposition fans that we're signing very good players. We spent £234m in 2017/2018 but people didn't really give a feck because the best player from that window was probably Rudiger - we spent £80m on Bakayoko and Drinkwater alone.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Chelsea posted a 90m loss last season. Even factoring in the Hazard and Morata money spending over 200m after posting such losses during a global pandemic when there is no money from crowds is absolutely not what you’d expect from any club.
To add onto that, they also relied on Abramovich pumping in a net of ~240 million Pounds in order to have some cash in the bank; without his money, they'd need to pay ~200 million Pounds in cash.

HJ12

Does help that Roman clearly has the huge financial muscle to back Frank to the hilt
Exactly. They don't even have to get rid of anyone before bringing new players in. Build the squad they want then get rid of deadwood thereafter. Aren't many clubs that would be able to do that without screwing themselves financially.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Exactly. They don't even have to get rid of anyone before bringing new players in. Build the squad they want then get rid of deadwood thereafter. Aren't many clubs that would be able to do that without screwing themselves financially.
They will get rid of players, though. For the defensive acquisitions, they were dependent on selling players before they could fulfill the purchases. If they got Chilwell, then they might have had a breakthrough on Emerson. Them getting both Thiago Silva and Malang Sarr means that they might be letting go of a defender via a sale/on loan.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
People have this idea of Abramovich like he's a regular transfer muppet like all of us. As if he heads into the grocerie store of footballers and picks out whatever catches his eye. :lol:

Really, I bet his only input is giving the final okay when Marina G is ready to sign off on a huge deal.

HJ12

They will get rid of players, though. For the defensive acquisitions, they were dependent on selling players before they could fulfill the purchases. If they got Chilwell, then they might have had a breakthrough on Emerson. Them getting both Thiago Silva and Malang Sarr means that they might be letting go of a defender via a sale/on loan.
I'm sure they will. Was just pointing out that for most part, their incomings don't seem to be affected by progress on outgoings. Although having just typed that, I realise I have no clue what they're doing behind the scenes and their transfer efficiency thus far probably means they have that sorted too.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
People have this idea of Abramovich like he's a regular transfer muppet like all of us. As if he heads into the grocerie store of footballers and picks out whatever catches his eye. :lol:

Really, I bet his only input is giving the final okay when Marina G is ready to sign off on a huge deal.
Who said that Abramovich is setting the transfer targets? He's just putting more money into the club based on Chelsea's business.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Who said that Abramovich is setting the transfer targets? He's just putting more money into the club based on Chelsea's business.
Lots of people I see around the net (not saying just here) are saying stuff like Roman really wants _____ or is desperate to sign ______. I just don't think it works that way.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Lots of people I see around the net (not saying just here) are saying stuff like Roman really wants _____ or is desperate to sign ______. I just don't think it works that way.
Obviously not. It's been a while since Abramovich was actively involved in Chelsea's business (beyond "loaning" money and taking some of it back).

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Whether Lampard is successful or not,they've set-up a squad at Chelsea that any manager in the future would want to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.