Not open for further replies.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This season is going to be insane!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I picked City as his next destination in the poll, but Castles hasn't gotten anything right for years now so this means nothing.
I don't like him but he's not totally unreliable. Most recent one he got right being Doherty to Spurs also first to report Chelsea's interest in Maignan. He's not the only one saying Messi prefers going to City. Same reports in Spain etc.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

AC Milan and Real Madrid have come to an agreement on Brahim Diaz. All that's left is an agreement with the player.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What does it matter even if he does go to City? We sure aren't winning the league anytime soon anyway so at least he will give the dippers a thing or two to worry about.

And he's 33 so it's not like he's going to be around for ages anyway. And the wages might cause a few issues in their ranks too. It will certainly ruffle some feathers that's for sure.

If he was 25 or 26 then it would be end of the world type stuff. At 33 and us still being a good 2 to 3 years away from winning a title (if we do everything right which there is no guarantee we will) then we will get over it.

I'd rather have a 20 year old Sancho than a 33 year old Messi no question.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What does it matter even if he does go to City? We sure aren't winning the league anytime soon anyway so at least he will give the dippers a thing or two to worry about.

And he's 33 so it's not like he's going to be around for ages anyway. And the wages might cause a few issues in their ranks too. It will certainly ruffle some feathers that's for sure.

If he was 25 or 26 then it would be end of the world type stuff. At 33 and us still being a good 2 to 3 years away from winning a title (if we do everything right which there is no guarantee we will) then we will get over it.
City would probably win the CL with Messi.

croadyman

I'd rather have a 20 year old Sancho than a 33 year old Messi no question.
Still have to have sign Sancho though

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
City would probably win the CL with Messi.
Maybe..... Maybe not. Still some great teams around. Bayern can beat City even with Messi.

City will win the CL eventually too. Just like Chelsea did. One season it will just go their way.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A bunch of AC-Milan-related transfer news:

Summary:
  • Ibra's contract renewal is almost complete.
  • Milan makes progress on Bakayoko.
  • Milan continue to inquire about Sandro Tonali (no dependency on or relation to the Bakayoko transfer).
    • Inter haven't submitted new offers yet, which is why AC Milan are able to step in and move forward.
  • Florentino Luis's agent is in Italy. Apparently Fulham are interested in him.

pascell

A bunch of AC-Milan-related transfer news:

Summary:
  • Ibra's contract renewal is almost complete.
  • Milan makes progress on Bakayoko.
  • Milan continue to inquire about Sandro Tonali (no dependency on or relation to the Bakayoko transfer).
    • Inter haven't submitted new offers yet, which is why AC Milan are able to step in and move forward.
  • Florentino Luis's agent is in Italy. Apparently Fulham are interested in him.
Florentino Luis would be a huge coup for Fulham, thought he's very highly rated?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
A 3-sentence article on Fiorentina chasing Arsenal's Lucas Torreira:

It seems like Fiorentina have submitted a formal offer to Arsenal and are now awaiting their response.

Hoof the ball

He never plays right back in a back four.
That's true he doesn't, however, when you're offensively as productive as he is, and when you play in a Mourinho team that defends as deep as they do then the defensive weaknesses are minimised by the systems inherent defensive positioning.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Cagliari closer to signing Razvan Marin from Ajax. Additionally, they're targeting Fiorentina's Riccardo Sottil (permanent transfer; surprise revelation last season) and Pescara's Gabriele Zappa (on loan)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Benevento are targeting some big players.

Summary:
  • Offer sent to free agent Giacomo Bonaventura
  • The club have attempted to sign Justin Kluivert from Roma.
  • Benevento has found an agreement with Genoa for forward Gianluca Lapadula.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
All this talk of Chelski and their transfers. Everyone knows we ll just bribe the refs like the good ol days and it won't matter who is on the opposing side.
Location The Royal Kingdom of Trumpistan

Story checks out. Please make me a mod for a day I will permanently ban anybody with the mentaility of a 9 year old who posts "chelski" or "Shity" or "Liverpoo".

He clearly cares as you say and wants to see us back at the top but I don't actually think he's as personally involved as people think he is. Like, I highly doubt he tells our board "sign these specific players." We just have a very good board who know how to get shit done.

Also can't hurt that two huge legends of our club in Lampard and Cech (our sporting director basically) seem to be heavily involved in convincing these players to come to us. All of Ziyech, Werner, and now Chilwell have mentioned how talks with Lampard were key. He's been talking to Havertz as well.
Cech is a key element I think, big advantage having an insanely intelligent and articulate guy that speaks like 57 languages dealing with clubs, agents and players.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Location The Royal Kingdom of Trumpistan

Story checks out. Please make me a mod for a day I will permanently ban anybody with the mentaility of a 9 year old who posts "chelski" or "Shity" or "Liverpoo".

Cech is a key element I think, big advantage having an insanely intelligent and articulate guy that speaks like 57 languages dealing with clubs, agents and players.
You may wish to remember what club s forum you're on tough guy. Are you gonna go to other forums and say you re gonna ban people calling United rags too?

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
You may wish to remember what club s forum you're on tough guy. Are you gonna go to other forums and say you re gonna ban people calling United rags too?
I think this forum (which is the only one I post on) rightly prides itself on having active posters of several clubs and the consensus is that it adds to the forum, which I agree with.

So why not just drop the playground mentality?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Inter and Brescia finally come to an agreement over Sandro Tonali.

Sandro will go to Inter on a loan with an obligation to buy (30 million Euros + 5 million in bonuses).

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I think this forum (which is the only one I post on) rightly prides itself on having active posters of several clubs and the consensus is that it adds to the forum, which I agree with.

So why not just drop the playground mentality?
How about I continue to use Chelski bc in the grand scheme of things it's one of the most innocent things one could say and if you re so offended by it you just block me? Win win.

Anyway. Sorry for the OT folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.