Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
looks like a good signing

what you think about Zaha? Will he be sold?
I hope he gets his move for all parties, yeah. Sick of reading his agent-planted stories in the media and it clearly affected his form last season, it’s time for everyone to move on.

I don’t think Eze is the replacement though, if he goes I think we’ll go straight to Watford and hand them what they’re asking for Ismaila Sarr. Still in talks with Ryan Fraser and seems we’re after one of Edouard/Batshuayi/Mateta as well so COULD be a great window even with him going.

Pep's Suit

Then I'm not sure if any deal is possible. Also City already signed Torres as Sane 'replacement' and one would expect Foden to play more so there's not much space for another atacking player. Unless you limit Mahrez/Bernardo/Jesus to 1200-1400 mins each.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Only way City get Messi this summer is if this free transfer clause is legit and will stand up in court. Barca don't seem to think it stands with it being nearly September.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Done on a 5 year deal.

You think you've got it bad, this is the first time we’ve gone above £10m on a player since 2017!!

Don't want to put too much pressure on him but looks to be just what we need.
He is definitely what you need, I feel like you just miss that creative edge and he has that ability to do something out of nothing. Looking forward to see how he gets on next season.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

Done on a 5 year deal.

You think you've got it bad, this is the first time we’ve gone above £10m on a player since 2017!!

Good friend of mine who is a QPR fan is gutted to see him go, I've never really watched him but I know QPR fans rated him highly so could be a very good signing, though not Lallana quality obviously!

fezzerUTD

It boggles the mind because it is not true. He makes 7 million euros net per year, hardly 400k pounds per week gross. Ronaldo makes 30 million, Dybala and Bonucci around 7.

British media also claimed Pogba was on 75k week at Juve when he was earning the double. The difference in salary/taxation seems to be too complicated for the press.
Even if Ramsay was on 400k a week could that be including his signing on fee as he was a free transfer just paid over his contract?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
In my opinion, its fair to be frustrated as a United fan but unfair to expect us to match the spending of Chelsea. They're doing a madness.

Still hard not to envy all the same. Fair play to ol' Roman

jesperjaap

Done on a 5 year deal.

Work colleague who supports QPR used to speak highly of him....say used to as still on furlough. Little I have seen looks like top of the rung of talented yongsters nobody mentions. Interested to see how he develops

Nickosaur

Work colleague who supports QPR used to speak highly of him....say used to as still on furlough. Little I have seen looks like top of the rung of talented yongsters nobody mentions. Interested to see how he develops
Yeah i've also got a QPR supporting colleague who says he is the best talent he's seen at the club and will go on to be a top player. From the little I've seen he looks explosive, lots of flair and an exciting player to watch.

Walters_19_MuFc

Done on a 5 year deal.

Good signing. I look forward to seeing him in the PL.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Done on a 5 year deal.

He'll be a great signing, brilliant last season in the Championship,

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
He is definitely what you need, I feel like you just miss that creative edge and he has that ability to do something out of nothing. Looking forward to see how he gets on next season.
Yes mate, how did he end up slipping through the net at Millwall?

Alemar

Management? Do you think Frank had a hand in the negotiations?
Management means management of the club (I.e. CEO, executive officers etc). Those who handle transfers (not a manager aka head coach)

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Good friend of mine who is a QPR fan is gutted to see him go, I've never really watched him but I know QPR fans rated him highly so could be a very good signing, though not Lallana quality obviously!
I wouldn't even compare the signings mate, I'd say they're exactly what both teams need. From the Palace perspective we've got an experienced squad desperately in need of a refresh with some young, attacking talent coming in, and from your perspective you need that bit more top-level guile and quality to push on.

I would have been disappointed if Palace signed Lallana given the age of our squad, but it makes total sense from a Brighton perspective, and vice versa.

Cliche Guevara

Even if Ramsay was on 400k a week could that be including his signing on fee as he was a free transfer just paid over his contract?
Nah it's total bullshit. Why would Juventus have to pay Ramsay a signing-on fee? There's this weird thing going on around the Cafe that free transfers get what would have been the transfer fee (how are they even calculating that) as a signing-on fee but why on earth would any club do that? Juve signed Ramsay because he was free and cheap. Why else would they have? It's not like anyone else decent were remotely interested.

Ask yourself this, if he was under contract would Juve have happily paid £40m for him?

romufc

Nah it's total bullshit. Why would Juventus have to pay Ramsay a signing-on fee? There's this weird thing going on around the Cafe that free transfers get what would have been the transfer fee (how are they even calculating that) as a signing-on fee but why on earth would any club do that? Juve signed Ramsay because he was free and cheap. Why else would they have? It's not like anyone else decent were remotely interested.

Ask yourself this, if he was under contract would Juve have happily paid £40m for him?
Because it actually happens.

Free agents have alot of choices therefore, clubs offer them signing on fees paid in their wages rather than a lump sum payment.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yes mate, how did he end up slipping through the net at Millwall?
Basically, Harris plays a very certain type of way (old school), he doesn't fit that mould. Fred Oneydinma is another one, albeit not as talented - who's now at Wycombe, should have made it at Millwall, but doesn't fit profile of a Harris player.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
The clubs being linked with Zaha by the likes of Sky are just beyond stupid and clearly just fabricated.

PSG - really going to spend north of £50m on a backup to their superstar forward line when they have other areas to improve, they sign the likes of Choupo-Moting for this role

Dortmund - when was the last time Dortmund spent anything like a big fee on a player older than 24/25? Zaha is soon 28 and their whole model is built on resale value

Monaco - they have scaled back a bit and much like Dortmund now operate largely on a resale value model knowing it's pointless to even try competing with PSG

It's really hard to see any viable options for Zaha outside of someone like Everton. Looks pretty boxed-in at Palace to me given their valuation of him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Ramsey reportedly got 8M as a signing bonus fee on top of those wages. (I also think some marquee Juventus players get a free Ferrari). It makes sense if you're signing a world class player but Ramsey had a big fight to get into the starting lineup so they have overpaid for no real reason. I don't know which other clubs were really fighting for him since i doubt he would have stayed in England. Good for him and his agent.

Cliche Guevara

Because it actually happens.

Free agents have alot of choices therefore, clubs offer them signing on fees paid in their wages rather than a lump sum payment.
It doesn't really though does it. Frees are a good way to pick up players cheaply. Very few players of any real demand go on a free transfer so clubs have no need to pay the equivalent of a transfer fee to some average guy they could get from anywhere.

Let me ask you this, how does a club calculate what the transfer fee would be that they're saving...one year left on the deal...two years left on the deal...three years left on the deal...is it what the signing club values the player at or what they think the selling club values the player at?

It just doesn't happen that a player pockets anywhere near what a transfer fee might have been. Every player in the world would just run down their contract and become a mega millionaire.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Monaco are interested in Bayer Leverskusen's Volland. At the same time, Leverkusen are interested in Badiashile. However, there's no chance that they'll be involved in any potential swap deal; Monaco will negotiate for Volland as a separate deal with no relation to the Badiashile one.

ovoxo

Monaco are interested in Bayer Leverskusen's Volland. At the same time, Leverkusen are interested in Badiashile. However, there's no chance that they'll be involved in any potential swap deal; Monaco will negotiate for Volland as a separate deal with no relation to the Badiashile one.
It’s good for us if we intend to make another bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.