Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Sadly, even though we sold them David Luiz I bet they'd refuse to sell Martinez to us knowing he'd improve our team considerably.
If Chelsea offered 5/8M more than a spanish club for example, i'd be fine with it. We won't be anywhere Chelsea this season or the next imo and we need every penny we can get.
About Martinez wanting the fee halved, that's cute but no. He stepped up these last few months and has been a good professional but he didn't score a hat-trick every game. He just did his job. I don't know how owing him a 1M bonus make us forego 9M on a transfer fee...

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
'Quite relaxed' as in we don't mind if we don't get signings over the line or quite relaxed as in we're quietly confident that the signings will ultimately get done I wonder..

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
So is Mourinho switching to a back 3 formation? See lots of people saying Doherty is a brilliant signing for Spurs at £15m but then all the Wolves supporters say he's shite in a back 4.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So is Mourinho switching to a back 3 formation? See lots of people saying Doherty is a brilliant signing for Spurs at £15m but then all the Wolves supporters say he's shite in a back 4.
They'll need someone to take over Jan Vertonghen in their squad, but without him, they have 5 central defenders, so that does seem plausible. Out of all of their defenders, only Alderweireld can be relied on in a back 4.

Robertd0803

They're acting like they will do madness in one week and sign 3 players.
I hope so, hoping its a sign everything is sorted behind the scenes and they are just waiting to pull the trigger an announce things.

Dont want to think of the alternative.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Didn’t United (successfully) apply a similar stipulation when Heinzé left the club and tried to sign for Liverpool?
Think that was with the club we sold him to (meaning Real couldn't sell him to Liverpool)

Think City probably did the same thing with this guys move to Real, but I doubt that could be carried over to another team as it's a completely different set of contracts.

Who knows with City though.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Didn’t United (successfully) apply a similar stipulation when Heinzé left the club and tried to sign for Liverpool?
From memory that was a direct transfer being refused, and then they attempted to have another club sign him and immediately sell him to the dippers, which was seen as rogue and slapped down.

A clause like that proposed above relating to a future sale is a bit different.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
What the...

Now this is a surprise to me. I thought he'd easily be able to continue playing in the Premier League. I guess the money could have been a lure.
Surprised by this, but apparently he had a 4 million release clause in his contract for Chinese clubs.

With Lallana and Mac Allister as well as Gross, there’s competition for his positions, we make a profit and he massively increases his wages. I imagine this is a life changing contract for him, it’s reported he’ll be getting 3 million a year, way more than we’d ever pay.

Still I didn’t expect him to go.

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
No, will play a 4 but since he's been at Spurs he has played Davies at LB but very tucked in and very rarely ventures forward and has played Aurier on the right effectively playing as a wing back so Doherty will slot in more than fine there.

Status
Not open for further replies.