Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallyRed

Insightful stuff from Sky as always
"In order for United to sign Sancho, 2 things need to happen. First, United need to make a bid"

Wonderful

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Contrary to Alfredo Pedulla's report, Inter aren't targeting N'Golo Kante.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Eintracht Frankfurt's sporting director Bruno Hubner denies any offers for Hinteregger and states that there are no offers for Kostic.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm starting to think Germans just like to deny things just for the sake of things.
To be fair, they establish their position early on, and they don't delve into speculation too much. I can appreciate that about them.

On the other hand, you have Spanish teams that talk about said speculation or create it themselves via the media.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This constantly repeated ‘if we don’t buy now, we’d have loads of competition next summer’ thing is massively overstated to me.

Firstly, the two clubs long rumoured to be favourites and of highest interest to Sancho are United and Chelsea. It is pretty fecking evident that Chelsea could afford h THIS summer if they wanted to, or perhaps more importantly, if he actually wanted to go there.

City have also been mentioned. They are trying to spend the world on Messi, same applies.

Real and Barca are reasonably conversations, although there is almost no chance Barcelona could afford him next summer either, so to me - that only leaves Real. Plus Barcelona are shite anyway ao who cares?

PSG could also buy him tomorrow if they wanted to.

I’d say realistically, Real and Liverpool could be feasible new options for him next summer, otherwise any other potential destination could buy this summer, but Sancho clearly knows where he wants to go.
Clearly, how?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like Arsenal are open to selling Bellerin if they get a good deal out of it though Arteta would prefer to keep him.

EDIT: Ornstein update

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Clearly, how?
Because he wants to come to United this summer, despite the fact that, regardless of the narrative of him being forced to out if lack of options - we are not the only team out there. Our financial situation isn’t much different to other top clubs at the moment. We’re just a team that wants to sign him, and he wants to come here.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Additional info:

I'm surprised to see that Leonardo would go after Castagne for the full back position. I don't think he's any better than Meunier. Maybe he'd have been a cheap option, but that's about it.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Haven't been impressed with Arsenal's business at all so far but if they can manage to sign Partey by selling Bellerin and others they'll have a serious team.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Haven't been impressed with Arsenal's business at all so far but if they can manage to sign Partey by selling Bellerin and others they'll have a serious team.
Really? I was honestly thinking the exact opposite. Willian is great on a free transfer and gives them serious competition further forward.

Their biggest issue was the defence and Saliba/Gabriel could well end up being top signings for what they paid. They are coming in to replace the likes of Mustafi.

Ceballos was starting to look really good under Arteta too.

I think they have done really well under restrictions and sorted what they needed to sort.

GwilDor

Typically, yeah, they don't have sources. However, I'd consider Rob Dorsett to have some decent connections:
Bellerin for an offer of 25mill opens discussions? I’d have thought Arsenal straight up refuse that.
He’s not incredible offensive nor defensive, but above average offensive and maybe average defensive (going by feeling, not stats, if anyone wanna prove me wrong i won’t be offended :p)
What other top 8 club would sell any of their starting full backs to PSG for anything close to 25 mill( disregarding players 29+)

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Really? I was honestly thinking the exact opposite. Willian is great on a free transfer and gives them serious competition further forward.

Their biggest issue was the defence and Saliba/Gabriel could well end up being top signings for what they paid. They are coming in to replace the likes of Mustafi.

Ceballos was starting to look really good under Arteta too.

I think they have done really well under restrictions and sorted what they needed to sort.
Oh, from a financial point of view they've done well getting these players for cheap or nothing. I'm just not impressed with the players themselves. They're all solid players but nothing that makes me think they'll make top 4.

If they add Partey and Aouar that's another story.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When I saw Everton I'd think their biggest problem is a lightweight midfield. Doucouré & Alan are big transfers in that regard, and James might be a hit.

AaronRedDevil

Doesnt make sense going after Thiago. What position can he play? Feels like the midfield is a bit stacked now with VDB and it's not like both of them will sit on the bench consistently.

Doesnt make sense going after Thiago. What position can he play? Feels like the midfield is a bit stacked now with VDB and it's not like both of them will sit on the bench consistently.
He plays as a #6 - would most likely replace Matic.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal are actually in discussions for Aouar. Interesting...
Arsenal's squad is looking incredibly huge, I'm pretty sure they have a bigger squad than us and maybe a couple of others in the top 6 now. It's all incomings and no outgoings. Bellerin I can see going to PSG, he'll love Paris Fashion week.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Bellerin for an offer of 25mill opens discussions? I’d have thought Arsenal straight up refuse that.
He’s not incredible offensive nor defensive, but above average offensive and maybe average defensive (going by feeling, not stats, if anyone wanna prove me wrong i won’t be offended :p)
What other top 8 club would sell any of their starting full backs to PSG for anything close to 25 mill( disregarding players 29+)
It's a rubbish opening offer, they spent 35M on Kehrer, 40M on Luiz... Bellerin has 3 years left on his deal. Plus it's PSG, come back with 40/45M or go shop elsewhere.

Josep Dowling

Oh, well that makes sense so. Didnt think he was a dm type player
He isn’t and anyone saying this is talking complete bull. Can you imagine Thiago being the deepest midfielder in the Premier League? Can get away with it in the Bundesliga with that Bayern squad. He is a fantastic player but we don’t need him unless Pogba was sold. It would just be a vanity signing or simply to stop Liverpool. I would prefer the €30m and likely £250k plus a week to be spent on position we actually need like RW or striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.