Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Because he wants to come to United this summer, despite the fact that, regardless of the narrative of him being forced to out if lack of options - we are not the only team out there. Our financial situation isn’t much different to other top clubs at the moment. We’re just a team that wants to sign him, and he wants to come here.
Unless you know him personally then none of that can be accepted as fact right now. Especially with reports that it's his and his agents demands that are the stumbling block.

In fact, you're reaching on a few points there, because the financial impact of Covid is obviously very real and some of the bigger clubs, particularly in Spain, are clearly struggling. Even Liverpool, who are potentially another option for Sancho.

Pep's Suit

It's a rubbish opening offer, they spent 35M on Kehrer, 40M on Luiz... Bellerin has 3 years left on his deal. Plus it's PSG, come back with 40/45M or go shop elsewhere.
Well, the market is a bit different now. What Wolves offered for AMN? £15m? AFTV and other Arsenal fans were convinced they call sell him and Torreira for 40M each but that's not possible right now.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I think you are

Let's put some context on those stats.

Bayern's most common partnership was Thiago-Kimmich. Kimmich used to anchor the midfield back when Pep was the manager. Kimmich closes down spaces and passes so well that Thiago's stats don't surprise me too much.

In our team, Matic's typical partner was Pogba, and Pogba defends like an attacking midfielder does: lots of ball-watching, reliance on athletic ability, and a lack of positional awareness. If Thiago were to come and be at his best with us, he'd have to take Pogba's spot in the team. Unless we find a buyer for Pogba, I see no reason to purchase Thiago as he'll be a luxury signing.

Litch

Not sure why we would get rid of Fred who has had more MOTM including whoever played on the opposing team than any other player this season. We would not have secured 4th place without him and try to imagine any other midfielder on our team including Pogba that could have held the midfield together during that period. The league campaign did not start in June/July. He was outstanding in our last game and Ole played him over Matic for good reason......

EwanI Ted

Even if we pushed the Grealish fee down to £50M from the reported £80M, and even if we knocked another £10M off for Romero, it still wouldn't be a worthwhile purchase given we now have VDB. I wouldn't be against having him in the squad per se, but he's way down the list of priorities at this point.

Pep's Suit

The Koulibaly saga will continue.
"Guardiola withdraws from Koulibaly move, for now, after Napoli rejected Manchester City’s latest offer of €60M." + "City won’t be making a new offer for Kalidou Koulibaly in the near future, it seems. The defender could renew his contract with Napoli."

De Laurentiis asking for €80m+ is simply ridiculous, honestly I don't even think Koulibaly's worth more than €40-50m.

GBBQ

If you guys get £10 million for Romero, Woodward deserves a medal!

He seems a decent goalie (wouldn't mind him at Chelsea) but he's 3rd choice, has less than a year on his contract and is 33.
yeah i think it would be a good price to get for him all things considered but at the same time I don't think you'd get a keeper of his caliber for that money anywhere else. And 33 isn't that old for a keeper. They could easily get another 5 years out of him.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
yeah i think it would be a good price to get for him all things considered but at the same time I don't think you'd get a keeper of his caliber for that money anywhere else. And 33 isn't that old for a keeper. They could easily get another 5 years out of him.
It's that he's a free transfer next season and the fact the Man United kinda have to sell him that makes me think he'll go for less.

romufc

It's that he's a free transfer next season and the fact the Man United kinda have to sell him that makes me think he'll go for less.
Villa need a keeper, Ramsdale went for £17m to SU which shows getting a keeper is not that easy. Romero has PL experience and international.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We don’t sell our deadwood unless we get the price. We wanted 25m for Rojo last year. Darmian stayed for years. They have a set price in our asset sheet and unless we get that they stay. It’s something that has seriously annoyed me under Woody.

Josep Dowling

I think you are

This is where I find issue with stats. He plays for Bayern Munich in a league they dominate every season. His stats will look better because of that. It also worries me the lack of games he’s played over the years. Has he had previous injury problems? If he was that good why is it only this season he’s consistently played?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

He's worth far more than that, will be an absolute bargain for someone. A genuine 1st choice goalkeeper who wouldn't look out of place at a top 6 club. Surprised Sheffield United didn't go for him, considering the relationship we already have with them over Henderson.

Lemansky

It's frustrating because he's easily a £30m keeper but there's only a year left on his contract. Still think we should try and stretch to £15-20m.
He ain’t easily an 30 million goalkeeper. He is 33 years old, will be 34 in February and has been a reserve for us. Thiago, a proven WC centre mid who plays for the best club in Europe is a 30 million player (quite literally as that’s the fee Bayern wants).

10-15 million would be excellent business.

Xaviboy

If we do end up bringing in Grealish instead of Sancho are we looking at changing system. Diamond midfield with options in squad to play and rotate and use 2 centre forwards as wide forward license to drift wide. Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. Games where we require a centre forward to stay centre and hold up play them Oghalo there.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Sancho will sign for United on the 31st September 2020 or the 30th of February 2021... I may just be guessing though.

Deery

Dreary
If we do end up bringing in Grealish instead of Sancho are we looking at changing system. Diamond midfield with options in squad to play and rotate and use 2 centre forwards as wide forward license to drift wide. Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. Games where we require a centre forward to stay centre and hold up play them Oghalo there.
Why’s everyone obsessed with the diamond formation, when have we ever actually used it.
It will probably be more of a 4-3-3 changing to a 4-5-1 in hard games or if the games won..

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He ain’t easily an 30 million goalkeeper. He is 33 years old, will be 34 in February and has been a reserve for us. Thiago, a proven WC centre mid who plays for the best club in Europe is a 30 million player (quite literally as that’s the fee Bayern wants).

10-15 million would be excellent business.
Him being a reserve for us is irrelevant. He's the best backup goalkeeper in the league and possibly the world. Rarely ever puts a foot wrong and you could easily get another 4 years out of him. Also selling to a team in the same league as us.

Status
Not open for further replies.