Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihai

Him being a reserve for us is irrelevant. He's the best backup goalkeeper in the league and possibly the world. Rarely ever puts a foot wrong and you could easily get another 4 years out of him. Also selling to a team in the same league as us.
I agree that being a reserve makes any difference. However, any potential buyer knows that we have to sell and he wants to move on.

SuperiorXI

Him being a reserve for us is irrelevant. He's the best backup goalkeeper in the league and possibly the world. Rarely ever puts a foot wrong and you could easily get another 4 years out of him. Also selling to a team in the same league as us.
He hasn't played much to put a foot wrong, and when he does play it's usually against the lesser teams. If we get close to 30m I'd be amazed. Re your last point he's only played 7 times in the PL over 5 years so the buying club will be taking a risk.

TsuWave

If you guys get £10 million for Romero, Woodward deserves a medal!

He seems a decent goalie (wouldn't mind him at Chelsea) but he's 3rd choice, has less than a year on his contract and is 33.
33 for a GK isn't that old to be fair

dinostar77

I agree that being a reserve makes any difference. However, any potential buyer knows that we have to sell and he wants to move on.
Utd have never spent more than £150mil in a transfer window. So if we are to get one or two of the players mentioned, we are gonna have to recoup some funds. Romero is a fantastic keeper, but hes 33 and out of contract at end of season. So circa £10mil would be a good deal.

Lemansky

His games the last years have mostly been with less pressure than an first choice goalkeeper. In the end of the day he is a reserve, 33 years old with little experience being a first choice for a big club. 30 million is a fantasy fee for him. Getting 10-15 million for us is a superb deal imo.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
His games the last years have mostly been with less pressure than an first choice goalkeeper. In the end of the day he is a reserve, 33 years old with little experience being a first choice for a big club. 30 million is a fantasy fee for him. Getting 10-15 million for us is a superb deal imo.
Yeah fair enough, I guess you're right. Didn't consider a few things but I just rate him quite highly.

gajender

He's worth far more than that, will be an absolute bargain for someone. A genuine 1st choice goalkeeper who wouldn't look out of place at a top 6 club. Surprised Sheffield United didn't go for him, considering the relationship we already have with them over Henderson.
It would be great business if we get anywhere around 8m for Romero and he is nothing more than above average keeper and he is not good enough for top 6 side as first choice .

Lemansky

Yeah fair enough, I guess you're right. Didn't consider a few things but I just rate him quite highly.
I also rate him. The buying club will be getting a really good goalkeeper. Hopefully we can shift more underperforming players like Lingard, Jones and Andreas also.

Adamsk7

If it’s Fred out and Thiago in, I think that’s a deal we’d all do.

Amerifan

Someone's gonna get a great GK. Be sad to see him go. Still not convinced about Henderson. He's not done anything special.
Not sure what your definition of special is, but Hendersonwas one of the top keepers in the league and for a newly promoted side at that. He’s not yet DDG quality in my book, but many on here believe he’s already equal or better.

Romero is good for the types of games he starts. But starting in the PL weekly and he may struggle. Henderson is proven.

Zoo

Why on Earth would we do that ?
It's loan with obligation to buy. Their manager Fonseca worked with Fred at Shakhtar and is a fan.

Not sure how reliable this is but if it did happen would firmly get on the Thiago train.

Amerifan

Why’s everyone obsessed with the diamond formation, when have we ever actually used it.
It will probably be more of a 4-3-3 changing to a 4-5-1 in hard games or if the games won..
4-4-2? I think Ole knows a thing or two about that.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's loan with obligation to buy. Their manager Fonseca worked with Fred at Shakhtar and is a fan.

Not sure how reliable this is but if it did happen would firmly get on the Thiago train.
Yeah that's how I see it too.

SATA

We won't get 10M for Romero but if Villa wants him, we better quote a price as high as that just like they did with Grealish. Feck Villa

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We won't get 10M for Romero but if Villa wants him, we better quote a price as high as that just like they did with Grealish. Feck Villa
English clubs selling to each other inevitably results in above average fees, plus it's not as if he'd come back and haunt us

SATA

Penny pinchers stingy Roma cnuts. Always loaning players and then discarding or lowballing the idea to buy them after that. Let's hope Inter and Conte are interested and buys Fred outright

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Penny pinchers stingy Roma cnuts. Always loaning players and then discarding or lowballing the idea to buy them after that. Let's hope Inter and Conte are interested and buys Fred outright
Inter are hardly any better :lol: Don't you remember how long it took them to get Lukaku & Sanchez over the line? All Italian clubs love a bargain.

SATA

Inter are hardly any better :lol: Don't you remember how long it took them to get Lukaku & Sanchez over the line? All Italian clubs love a bargain.
As long as it gets done mate. Had enough of clubs like Roma loaning our players for a whole season and then offering a cheap warehouse price to buy outright

Status
Not open for further replies.