g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Does anyone think we could still get a CB too from out of nowhere before the window closes

Adamsk7

Reguilon in for £25m, Dalot out for £10m. 15m to substantially upgrade our fullback options. Get it done, Woody!

Can see us moving on just enough players to cover the VDB transfer so I reckon we’ll finish the window with Donny, Reguilon and Sancho with a net outlay of around £120m. In a Covid world, I’d be very happy with that as it’s in line with what we usually spend.

croadyman

Reguilon in for £25m, Dalot out for £10m. 15m to substantially upgrade our fullback options. Get it done, Woody!

Can see us moving on just enough players to cover the VDB transfer so I reckon we’ll finish the window with Donny, Reguilon and Sancho with a net outlay of around £120m. In a Covid world, I’d be very happy with that as it’s in line with what we usually spend.
Yeah if we could get those three I would give that an 8/10. Yes I know we still need a DM & CB too but think those signings will be next summer

Mihai

Not going to happen as we don't have enough quality and fit CB. Unless smalling stays and we buy another. Too many injury prone CB to play the formation.
Shaw plays LCB when 3 at the back.

Lynty

So who starts in a 5-3-2? I don't see it.
I think he meant 3-5-2
Not going to happen as we don't have enough quality and fit CB. Unless smalling stays and we buy another. Too many injury prone CB to play the formation.

Surely those two are the same :lol:

I'm assuming:

-----------------------------De Gea------------------------

---------Lindelof-------Maguire-------Shaw------

AWB------Bruno------VDB-------Pogba----Telles

-------------------Martial-------Rashford---------------

I also can't see it happening - purely because we were so fixed on playing the 4-2-3-1 last year

ManRed

Shaw plays LCB when 3 at the back.
A one off game sure. But to have your main formation dependant on a position which are full of injured backup players is not smart. Backup is Baily, Jones and Tuanzebe.

Tiber

Sergio Reguilón will not be the left back of #SevillaFC in 20/21. The club was willing to pay the 20 million that were demanded for him, but United will pay 30 and pay the player 5 million per season. Plan B is not Cucurella and his name will come out in the next few days.

Why would we pay 10 million more than Sevilla?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't think Solskjaer would play it regularly but with fullbacks who are adept at resisting pressure, good combination play and the ability to get in behind, it would certainly add to Solskjaer's tactical thinking which is very important.

cj_sparky

Why would we pay 10 million more than Sevilla?
Sevilla most likely had it in their loan deal with various buy back, first option and sell on clauses.

United wouldn't want a buy back so pay a little more.

VanGaalyTime

I’m going to call it that this is a Regulion smokescreen. Possibly a move to get more favourable conditions from Real for him.
Agreed. We do this so often. It's infuriating. We need to have our deals lined up BEFORE the summer so we can just sign when the window opens. Negotiating now shows a lack of proactivity and could sour relationship with other clubs (IE telling Bournemouth they have 15 mins to accept our bid for Josh King) when they have limited time for replacements.

Pavl3n

Would be nice if we could ship out Dalot and insert some buy back or performance clauses.

Maureen-yo

I, ashamedly, watched his YouTube compilation video and I cant really see any clips of Telles beating his man and whipping the ball in or cutting the ball back. He’s very skilful and looks like a very competent penalty taker but is he what we want? Please enlighten me if I’m wrong about him, haven’t seen much of Porto.
I’m guessing this is a “make your mind up, Real” or we will sign someone else kinda signal.

SATA

I, ashamedly, watched his YouTube compilation video and I cant really see any clips of Telles beating his man and whipping the ball in or cutting the ball back. He’s very skilful and looks like a very competent penalty taker but is he what we want? Please enlighten me if I’m wrong about him, haven’t seen much of Porto.
I’m guessing this is a “make your mind up, Real” or we will sign someone else kinda signal.
Some on here say he's the dog bollocks and that he's very very good. I have never seen him myself but i imagine Porto will price him close to 50M euros

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Newcastle and Everton will be teams that will have the odd great game when they take points from some of the big boys. Some very nice signings from both.

sparx99

Surely those two are the same :lol:

I'm assuming:

-----------------------------De Gea------------------------

---------Lindelof-------Maguire-------Shaw------

AWB------Bruno------VDB-------Pogba----Telles

-------------------Martial-------Rashford---------------

I also can't see it happening - purely because we were so fixed on playing the 4-2-3-1 last year
We played it lots last season especially away against the top teams. I'd envision it more of a 3-4-2-1 though with Bruno still playing in front of two midfielders.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Agreed. We do this so often. It's infuriating. We need to have our deals lined up BEFORE the summer so we can just sign when the window opens. Negotiating now shows a lack of proactivity and could sour relationship with other clubs (IE telling Bournemouth they have 15 mins to accept our bid for Josh King) when they have limited time for replacements.
Que?
We were already in discussions for Sancho and VDB months ago, so I think the club were active before the window.
Entering negotiations now is what every other club is doing, City with Napoli for example.
Shows the club is willing to get the best deal for the club rather than getting taken for a ride.

Maureen-yo

Some on here say he's the dog bollocks and that he's very very good. I have never seen him myself but i imagine Porto will price him close to 50M euros
Apparently closer to 30 million as his contract has less than a year on it now. Either way I guess he will be a good option at LB but if Sergio is available for the same price and is 4/5 years younger, for me, it’s a no brainer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
do you think its either or, or all 4?!
Your guess is as good as mine brother. But it would be nice to bring in all 4 which would really strengthen the squad but I doubt we'll sign a striker in the current window unless a opportunity presents itself.

croadyman

Your guess is as good as mine brother. But it would be nice to bring in all 4 which would really strengthen the squad but I doubt we'll sign a striker in the current window unless a opportunity presents itself.
Yeah and that also looks like the case now for CB as well but would love to be proved totally wrong

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
do you think its either or, or all 4?!
Either I reckon. The striker anyway (can't see us getting a striker AND Sancho. If Sancho comes in then Martial/Greenwood/Ighalo (till Jan) is enough options at centre forward I reckon.

I know it's Luckhurst, but I do think he's right in that article when he says the search for a CB may be delayed until next summer. I think we are laying the groundwork now for a move for Upamecano next year.

croadyman

Either I reckon. The striker anyway (can't see us getting a striker AND Sancho. If Sancho comes in then Martial/Greenwood/Ighalo (till Jan) is enough options at centre forward I reckon.

I know it's Luckhurst, but I do think he's right in that article when he says the search for a CB may be delayed until next summer. I think we are laying the groundwork now for a move for Upamecano next year.
Yeah don't see us bringing in a ST until after January when Ighalo leaves,agree with you about the CB being earmarked for next summer as well.

Sanche7

No point in buying a CB for the sake of buying one. We don't need any more backup CBs, we need a top quality one. So unless we can't get Upamecano or Konate or someone with similar potential, there's no point in buying a CB. I hope we are already talking with Upamecano and I hope we will be able to bring him in next year. Reguilon would be a good buy for 20-25 million pounds IMO. Don't think we really need Alcantara, especially considering the wages he would be looking for. Would rather we go for a good DM unless OGS feels Fred, McT and Matic can do a good job. But I really really hope we can get Sancho. Sancho + Reguilon + DVB would be a very good window IMO. Get a CB, a DM next summer and maybe a ST If Martial is still inconsistent and I our squad would be pretty good

croadyman

No point in buying a CB for the sake of buying one. We don't need any more backup CBs, we need a top quality one. So unless we can't get Upamecano or Konate or someone with similar potential, there's no point in buying a CB. I hope we are already talking with Upamecano and I hope we will be able to bring him in next year. Reguilon would be a good buy for 20-25 million pounds IMO. Don't think we really need Alcantara, especially considering the wages he would be looking for. Would rather we go for a good DM unless OGS feels Fred, McT and Matic can do a good job. But I really really hope we can get Sancho. Sancho + Reguilon + DVB would be a very good window IMO. Get a CB, a DM next summer and maybe a ST If Martial is still inconsistent and I our squad would be pretty good
I would say brilliant window if we are able to get those three players,could turn into a fantastic one with that other spanish player (not using his name on purpose)

Status
Not open for further replies.