g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Smalling made our position weak as he, according to report said he wants only Roma. I think we will accept this deal for 14m with add ons. No point in keeping him against his wishes.

CG1010

If we are able to keep Smalling happy at not being first choice, we are in driving seat here. We should ideally be in no requirement for selling him on cheap atleast this year. Its not like we have a viable CB target this window.

foolsgold

Smalling made our position weak as he, according to report said he wants only Roma. I think we will accept this deal for 14m with add ons. No point in keeping him against his wishes.
14m is a fair price for him, and he's did really well for us over a decade and we shouldn't stand in his way with choice of club at this point.

Lemansky

14m is a fair price for him, and he's did really well for us over a decade and we shouldn't stand in his way with choice of club at this point.
In a market where Koulibaly, at the same age, is 60-70 million its not really a good price. Smalling had the superior season comparing them also.
We need to sell players tough, so we are in a difficult spot.

Sylar

If we only bring in Reguilon/VDB, sell Smalling on the cheap and give Sanchez away for free then that’s a very weak window from us. I don’t know why but I expected a bit of urgency from Ed and the glazers.
We qualified for CL so this isnt a surprise. If we had missed out we would have seen much more urgency / rushing.

Varun1

So what's that big news Jamie!
and has been spot on recently, during Bruno saga, knew when DVDB will be announced etc. Remains adamant we're getting Sancho.

He also said there's going to be big news around us this weekend (said it's probably not Sancho yet).

Red00012

It’s not a fair price, he’s already had 1 good season at Roma. They know what they’re getting. I’d be rejecting that 14mill anyway.

stevoc

I think their fans will be very happy. There's nothing wrong with the level of players they've bought. The best players from clubs of a similar stature to them. Or at least a similar level. Makes far more sense than gross overspend on the likes of Joelinton.
Of course not they’re decent players but it seemed like a lot of them were gearing up for Newcastle going after the likes of mbappe before the Saudi deal fell through.

Craig Ward

If we are able to keep Smalling happy at not being first choice, we are in driving seat here. We should ideally be in no requirement for selling him on cheap atleast this year. Its not like we have a viable CB target this window.
We really arent in the driving seat though,

Smalling wants to rejoin Roma. Roma want him back. Smalling has no future here, he doesnt need replacing in the squad cos he wasnt part of it last year.

We have been linked with several CB's, it's clear we want to do business there but its depending on others leaving (Smalling/Jones/Rojo).

We always end up keeping players for years on end because we over value them and other clubs cant match the fee's and wages. We are the only losers in our transfer dealings because we make things so difficult with inflated wages.

We arent going to play Smalling and we need him gone to re-invest the squad. 14mil isnt that bad of an offer. We wont get 25mil. I'd rather him gone for 14m than be sat on the bench preventing us signing anyone else.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Would be disappointed if this went through. That being said, not sure he's ready for a team like Leicester just yet.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I swear we have been reading exactly the same or a similar tweet about Koulibaly every day for the last four weeks :lol:
Wouldn’t be shocked if the signing doesn’t even happen in the end.

Pep's Suit

I swear we have been reading exactly the same or a similar tweet about Koulibaly every day for the last four weeks :lol:
Wouldn’t be shocked if the signing doesn’t even happen in the end.
It's Napoli trying to sell him. CIty deffo want him but only made one bid so far (55+5) and doubt they'll offer so much for a 29 year old.

Varun1

This lends credence to the idea that United might want to switch to 5-3-2. That's the only way to fit Telles (left wingback) and VdB (attacking midfielder) into the first XI.
So who starts in a 5-3-2? I don't see it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Sergio Reguilón will not be the left back of #SevillaFC in 20/21. The club was willing to pay the 20 million that were demanded for him, but United will pay 30 and pay the player 5 million per season. Plan B is not Cucurella and his name will come out in the next few days.

Nickelodeon

Sergio Reguilón will not be the left back of #SevillaFC in 20/21. The club was willing to pay the 20 million that were demanded for him, but United will pay 30 and pay the player 5 million per season. Plan B is not Cucurella and his name will come out in the next few days.

Interesting. United “will” pay. Hoping that we get this done.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So it seems like the club are bringing in a new LB. Either Reguilon or 21 year old Mykolenko from Kiev.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

We can sell them Dalot, can play both sides. What more would they want.

AgentP

So it seems we are definitely in for a left back this season. I hope it's Reguilon.

Status
Not open for further replies.