Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

So Smallling went on loan, played really well, the loan club want to buy him, he wants to go to that club...and we still can’t get rid of him.

There’s genuinely no hope of us getting rid of Jones, Rojo, Andreas etc.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So Smallling went on loan, played really well, the loan club want to buy him, he wants to go to that club...and we still can’t get rid of him.

Smalling made our position weak by making Roma as only option. Roma actually bid less than what we rejected last time.

Rest of the player you mentioned are shit and we are so badly run that we kept on renewing their contract.

Blood Mage

Getting rid of Smalling isn't a priority when you consider that he's the best player amongst our 'deadwood' and a better pure defender than Maguire and Lindelof anyway. Roma need to increase their bid.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
What do we make of these Forbes articles then?

I'm only aware of them posting football transfers articles this Summer.

They seem possibly like club briefs to me, but I think it remains to be seen if that's the case and how reliable they are.

The last one was adamant that we're not interested in Reguilon at all and it's just a lot of noise from the selling party (Spanish journalists)

Saying that, the club said the same thing last Summer about Bruno didn't they.

Dan_F

Getting rid of Smalling isn't a priority when you consider that he's the best player amongst our 'deadwood' and a better pure defender than Maguire and Lindelof anyway. Roma need to increase their bid.
I’d argue his value is only going to decrease. 31 in two months time and less than two years on his contract.

Added to that a potential saving of probably over £8 million in salary over two years. It’s worth getting him off the books, even if there’s a chance he plays over Bailly/Tuanzebe, is that worth an extra £20 million to us? Probably not.

gajender

One of them will get hurt for a couple of weeks and Smalling will come in and not lose his place. That's my prediction if he ends up staying.
Solskjaer simply doesn't rate Smalling he went on loan because he wasn't even first choice back up and I don't see that changing this season either.

ChaddyP

Why dont we send jones and rojo out on loan? They're just here making the place look untidy.
I swear I feel this as well. Place just feels like a messy living room with books bursting off the shelves, too many cushions on the couch and no flowers in the vase

dinostar77

Roma are buying someone else now as cant get deal agreed with utd. Its ridiculous. Just sell the deadwood, take whatever price you get. Just get rid of and off the books. City and liverpool did that when Guardiola and Klopp came in. But no we insist on stupid prices no-one will pay.
Duncan Castles said lille wanted Dalot, offered utd a substantial percentage of sell on fee. Utd said no as we wanted the price we paid for him. Lille cant do that. What they can do is make young talent shine and sell them on for a huge profit. In dalot case, the money would have come down the line. Madness.

Riz

Solskjaer simply doesn't rate Smalling he went on loan because he wasn't even first choice back up and I don't see that changing this season either.
He might have changed his mind after a full season (for him as manager) where Jones/Bailly were unsurprisingly unreliable as back ups. Combine that with Smalling's solid season in Italy and the idea of having him as first choice back-up rather than selling him for €13m makes plenty of sense.

Edit: Would also like us to set that precedent of not caving to derisory offers for future departures. I hope the people who are saying we should just ship him out now and stop dragging our feet on the price aren't the same people who moan when Chelsea sell their players for good fees. We'd be accepting about £10m less than our asking price (which is already reasonable), multiply that by every significant departure during a manager's tenure and you've lost almost a whole summer's budget/1 world class signing.

Last edited:

Devil may care

As crap as he is on the ball he's a better and more reliable defender than Jones and Rojo, but it's obvious Ole didn't want him and he was happy to move on so keeping him because we are demanding more than he's wort is crazy. It's funny how covid is an excuse for us not buying but we expect Roma to have funds and not be hindered by covid

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
As crap as he is on the ball he's a better and more reliable defender than Jones and Rojo, but it's obvious Ole didn't want him and he was happy to move on so keeping him because we are demanding more than he's wort is crazy. It's funny how covid is an excuse for us not buying but we expect Roma to have funds and not be hindered by covid
Come on, the reported 13m euros is a bit of a joke.

LonelyFire

Good, keep him and start him beside Maguire. Smalling has always been a good player.

feck selling him to Roma dirt cheap
The whole team is built on playing out from the back. Smalling is absolutely atrocious on the ball. Genuinely one of the worst Utd centre backs I’ve ever seen with the ball at his feet.

In the right system, he’s a very good player but he’s absolutely not suited to this team and anyone thinking he is has either forgotten how poor he is on the ball or isn’t paying attention to how we are playing.

PS. This isn’t a debate about whether that play style is right or wrong but it’s a fact that is what we are doing. Bottom line, he can’t do what is being asked of a centre back in this team.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm not sure if the CHO links to Bayern are that strong. Sky Deutschland initially reported them and also linked Juventus and RB Leipzig. Apparently, Bayern have contacted the player's camp but have yet to reach out to Chelsea. To me, this screams of CHO being tapped up, and despite most people being speculative about big clubs tapping up players, I'm not so certain about Bayern tapping up players to get them in. If this is the case, then Chelsea can easily get them in trouble.

RedNed77

Roma are buying someone else now as cant get deal agreed with utd. Its ridiculous. Just sell the deadwood, take whatever price you get. Just get rid of and off the books. City and liverpool did that when Guardiola and Klopp came in. But no we insist on stupid prices no-one will pay.
Duncan Castles said lille wanted Dalot, offered utd a substantial percentage of sell on fee. Utd said no as we wanted the price we paid for him. Lille cant do that. What they can do is make young talent shine and sell them on for a huge profit. In dalot case, the money would have come down the line. Madness.
I don't think there is a strong argument that he is currently deadwood. He's probably technically our best defender in terms of actually defending (pace, heading, tackling) the fear that VAR would kill him and his grabby hands has proved unfounded, and even taking into account his limited ball playing ability he's still probably our 2nd best defender, definitely third at worst. I'd like to see what him and Maguire look like if we're not signing a new CB, he'd definitely allow us to play a higher line and hopefully remove some of our vulnerability to set pieces.

Jones, Rojo, Dalot on the other hand, I definitely agree with you, we should be looking to take what we can and move them on.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Barcelona's media mouthpiece Mundo Deportivo deny an agreement between Barcelona and Lyon for Memphis.

Mike Verweij, however, has an explanation for this:

I don't know if there's something new introduced to the rules for the current transfer window. I couldn't find anything online about them.

Eplel

Grealish says he's delighted, but he doesn't look delighted at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.