Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

It’s a new day and I can’t wait to see who we’re monitoring, which agents we’re speaking with and which bids we are preparing....

reelworld

I don't think there was ever a realistic chance to sign Thiago. He wanted Liverpool.
I think there was a chance if United act swiftly. Liverpool wanted to sell Wijnaldum first
It doesn't work like that. Had we bid they'd have just bid and still got him. He wanted to go there and they knew it. They were just calling Bayern's bluff.
There are reports that we have talked with him and have some sort of agreement. I think it's not that set in stone about Liverpool
It isnt Football manager, welcome to the real world, reelworld.
cheeky :lol:
but seriously, I'm more annoyed that Liverpool midfield just gone up a level with him. That's their weakest part of their team and they just added arguably the best midfielder from a Champions League winner

SER19

Never nice seeing opponents get good players but I really don't think we needed thiago. Probably our strongest area

Skåre Willoch

Sørloth to Leipzig seems a done deal. Great deal for both Leipzig and the player. He'll move on for triple the money in two-three years.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sørloth to Leipzig seems a done deal. Great deal for both Leipzig and the player. He'll move on for triple the money in two-three years.
This the same guy who looked like he'd never seen a football whilst at Palace? Or is it a different one?

Baneofthegame

Here we go? What a fraud. Hahahaha.

He honesty has no shame does he? He wasn't the guy to break this news yesterday. Loads of people beat him to it including Ornstein.
You have some sort of weird vendetta against Romano, it’s bizarre.

Pace Abuser

He honesty has no shame does he? He wasn't the guy to break this news yesterday. Loads of people beat him to it including Ornstein.
What a weird thing to hold against him. He is a journalist. He reports stuff. It does not necessarily have to be an exclusive.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You have some sort of weird vendetta against Romano, it’s bizarre.
And the ball runs across the face of the goal..... there's the old Italian tap in merchant, Fabrizio Romano, waiting to tap it home. The crowd goes wild.

Ornstein has shown 'Mr exclusive' up big time. He had no idea on Reguilon and he didn't know about Bale either.

FromTheBench

So everyone seems to be strengthening more than us.

Bale if he turns up takes Tottenham up a level.

Apokalips

What a weird thing to hold against him. He is a journalist. He reports stuff. It does not necessarily have to be an exclusive.
It is so weird how obsessed some people are with trying to prove a journalist is "a fraud". Just because he didn't "break the news" then he should not report it? How and why does a simple reporting of news invoke such passion? What is the point of his crusade against Romano? I am genuinely confused by that behaviour.

Jaxa

Fair fecks, i actually think a lot of people will end up with egg on there face with Bale and he will really do well for them, a player of his class doesn't just forget how to play football, he has had a tough time with injuries and sure that will be the biggest test for him but it definitely increases Spurs chances of finishing in the top 4 and ultimately as things stand decreases ours

Skåre Willoch

Fair fecks, i actually think a lot of people will end up with egg on there face with Bale and he will really do well for them, a player of his class doesn't just forget how to play football, he has had a tough time with injuries and sure that will be the biggest test for him but it definitely increases Spurs chances of finishing in the top 4 and ultimately as things stand decreases ours
I agree. IF he stays healthy he going to be absolutely brilliant. Perfect Mourinho player. Strong, physical, can score from everywhere. He's a better player than Lucas Moura, even with golf clubs in his hands.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I agree. IF he stays healthy he going to be absolutely brilliant. Perfect Mourinho player. Strong, physical, can score from everywhere. He's a better player than Lucas Moura, even with golf clubs in his hands.
We play them beginning of October just before the international break(alas another one). Let's hope we have strengthened and don't find out how good Bale could be.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It is so weird how obsessed some people are with trying to prove a journalist is "a fraud". Just because he didn't "break the news" then he should not report it? How and why does a simple reporting of news invoke such passion? What is the point of his crusade against Romano? I am genuinely confused by that behaviour.
As another poster said he needs a Romano tagline.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

And the ball runs across the face of the goal..... there's the old Italian tap in merchant, Fabrizio Romano, waiting to tap it home. The crowd goes wild.

Ornstein has shown 'Mr exclusive' up big time. He had no idea on Reguilon and he didn't know about Bale either.
Don’t think he’s ever claimed to be Mr Exclusive.

He’s reliable yes but never claimed to be the Oracle or anything like that.

Seems to be some weird personal vendetta you have against the guy. Odd.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He is a weirdo, obsessed with journalist.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

He's reliable because he's the master of the tap in.

What exclusive scoop has he had this summer on any major PL move? What deal has he known about before anyone else? I stand to be corrected but I can't think of any. He's just incredibly hard working and reads all the rumours and see's where the smoke is. That's basically all he does.

Likes of Ornstein have him tied up in knots when it comes to PL transfers.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He's reliable because he's the master of the tap in.

What exclusive scoop has he had this summer on any major PL move? What deal has he known about before anyone else? I stand to be corrected but I can't think of any. He's just incredibly hard working and reads all the rumours and see's where the smoke is. That's basically all he does.

Likes of Ornstein have him tied up in knots when it comes to PL transfers.
Why do you care?

Baneofthegame

Who says he’s mister exclusive? He reports reliable information the majority of the time. Or stein has been beaten to stories as well, maybe he’s a fraud.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Who says he’s mister exclusive? He reports reliable information the majority of the time. Or stein has been beaten to stories as well, maybe he’s a fraud.
Yeah he reports other people's exclusives basically. I didn't coin the phrase 'tap in merchant' on this thread for him and I don't know who did but that's what he is essentially.

He's got his info wrong on Sancho twice this summer. Didn't know about Donny until Ajax coach spoke out. Said Reguilon was coming to Utd the day it broke he was joining Spurs. Didn't break the Bale story either.

He needs to stick to Serie A. Don't think his contacts stretch much further tbh.

vanderpants

Every player we have been linked barring Sancho has joined/joining another side, just shows you most jurnos and ITKs talk crap and just click baits

Ekeke

Under has ability and potential, but he's quite raw and is frustrating at this time. Fonseca stopped starting him in the 2nd half of the season due to his poor decision-making and overall inconsistency. Imagine how that would be received here; people would be asking for him to be sold.
I dont care. He's much better in wide areas than Greenwood whilst also having a dangerous shot. Greenwood's future is likely in the middle and Under is capable of providing most of the same strengths but also helping the team far more keeping the pitch wide and going down the right wing. He would at least be very good competition which would push Greenwood to keep his place on the right, or outdo Martial through the middle.

We dont have that competition for the right wing place right now. Greenwood is great at what he does, popping up on the edge of the box and smashing a goal home but we dont have anyone to take on the opponents left back and get a quality ball in or make a run beyond Wan Bisakka on the right side of our attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.