Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

"Put a challenge up for us". Does he think that we won the league last season? Doesn't he know that we were 33 points off from the winners and barely made it into the CL?

Perfect manager for the Glazers.
Give up.

He's clearly saying that other clubs have challenged us by performing so well in the market, meaning we have to step up even more.

Your hatred of him has no limit. Go support the dippers.

bsCallout

One of te things I love about Ole is his optimism and positivity...but get outta here. Even he has failed miserably with trying to put a positive spin on obviously being let down in transfer market it appears. Get fitter....wtf? It is as plain as day surely to anyone that with just the VDB aquisition this current squad is ill equipped to compete for major honours over a conjested season
Honestly. What are you guys seeing in these comments?

He's already challenged the board that we need more players.

Now he's in game mode challenging the players to be better. Not looking to place blame elsewhere. They have to get the results when they step on the pitch that is all.

He literally said yesterday we hope to do more in the transfer market.

flappyjay

I’d be shocked if we signed anybody else. If we were looking for a young left back to rival Shaw, we should’ve been in for Jamal Lewis.
That really surprised me, he would have been perfect for that role.

flappyjay

There was nothing wrong with Ole's comments.
My thinking too, you have to give the ones in the squad confidence. There is no point to going like" we have a shit squad and might have a shit season". You have to manage what you got. Do people think Sir Alex enjoyed the '' there is not value in the market years"?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I’d rather we target players we really need than target clubs (with relatively inferior players) who can cut us some slack.
That's not really relevant to my reply...I quite agree with you!

All I'm saying is it's strange that anyone would think Dortmund should be more reasonable about the transfer of their arguably best player.

Infra-red

"Put a challenge up for us". Does he think that we won the league last season? Doesn't he know that we were 33 points off from the winners and barely made it into the CL?

Perfect manager for the Glazers.
Will be 30+ points gap again next year, for the third season in a row.

United are all done as a big club - they have thrown in the towel.

londonredmaniac

My thinking too, you have to give the ones in the squad confidence. There is no point to going like" we have a shit squad and might have a shit season". You have to manage what you got. Do people think Sir Alex enjoyed the '' there is not value in the market years"?
I agree that you have to back the players you have and give them a boost ahead of the season opener...and he's hardly going to come out and say 'yeah, I'm not being backed by these cnuts'.

But the idea that 'The United Way' and a bit more running and effort is going to bridge any gaps when your rivals are light years ahead and your main rivals have improved pretty much every area of their team is going to wind people up.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! :)

The idea Ole is some sort of Glazer yes man is laughable tbh. The end of the day you are an employee and your contract will involve you toeing the party line.

SER19

I see the transfer frustration has led to moaning about innocuous comments from Soldkjaer. For not doing exactly what people criticised mourinho for.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I see the transfer frustration has led to moaning about innocuous comments from Soldkjaer. For not doing exactly what people criticised mourinho for.
Pretty much. Not to mention he specifically said we need to improve the squad this summer

londonredmaniac

There could have been a little bit of pressure but Ole chose not to. Too worried about losing his job?
I think it has more to do with not affecting the morale of the players we have.

I just wasn't a big fan of the wording, the sentiment? Well as I've said, you are an employee of the club...there is already a huge feeling of them vs us from a fan and ownership perspective (rightly so)...I'm not sure how valuable it would be for Ole to start sounding off ahead of our first game of the season.

Just my opinion like.

londonredmaniac

And that's the thing isn't it? Very few managers have ever come out whilst employed and openly criticised the club.

I'm sure he has been briefed heavily by press officers etc what to say in relation to transfer activity.

flappyjay

I agree that you have to back the players you have and give them a boost ahead of the season opener...and he's hardly going to come out and say 'yeah, I'm not being backed by these cnuts'.

But the idea that 'The United Way' and a bit more running and effort is going to bridge any gaps when your rivals are light years ahead and your main rivals have improved pretty much every area of their team is going to wind people up.

It's the most wonderful time of the year! :)

The idea Ole is some sort of Glazer yes man is laughable tbh. The end of the day you are an employee and your contract will involve you toeing the party line.
Yeah we can't really know the truth about it also unless we can somehow get access to Ole's conversations with Ed. He is a nice guy and comes off as a yes man at his dream job. But there is a chance that he is also up in Eds arse about incoming transfers.

Cassidy

Yeah we can't really know the truth about it also unless we can somehow get access to Ole's conversations with Ed. He is a nice guy and comes off as a yes man at his dream job. But there is a chance that he is also up in Eds arse about incoming transfers.
Its been reported quite a bit that Ole is annoyed. Was also reported he wanted Sancho in as soon as we secured top 4

Infra-red

There could have been a little bit of pressure but Ole chose not to. Too worried about losing his job?
Of course he knows he'll never get a job at a big club outside of United.

To be fair, we probably wouldn't want to rock the boat in those circumstances, either.

londonredmaniac

Indeed! And yes, I'm sure it's his dream job and he's probably got it quite unexpectedly...

Though it would be strike me as crazy to think Ole is looking around going 'yeah, we can compete with what we have'.

However admitting that publicly before a ball is kicked is dangerous

VanGaalyTime

Its been reported quite a bit that Ole is annoyed. Was also reported he wanted Sancho in as soon as we secured top 4
What I don't understand is even if they can't afford Sancho, why we're not simply buying 4 or 5 of the players we've been scouting for a year or more. It's seemingly a simple enough solution. You just have to look at the comprehensive list of players from the scouts, using all the research they've completed in the last year, then pick the four best ones. Surely there's a quality right winger, a fantastic left back, and a decent center back there. For example, Kabak is a great young center back and available for just 25M! We could also easily get a winger like St Maximin for 50m. These players are affordable and would be ideal squad options. If I can find these guys, why can't our scouts?

londonredmaniac

Of course he knows he'll never get a job at a big club outside of United.

To be fair, we probably wouldn't want to rock the boat in those circumstances, either.
You start calling out owners and the upper echelons in public you might find yourself struggling for jobs in many places though.

Suv666

We must have had at least 90-100M in the bank when we approached BVB for Sancho. Why arent we spending that money? The money is obviously there, but Woody wants his Galactico signing or no dice.

Infra-red

You start calling out owners and the upper echelons in public you might find yourself struggling for jobs in many places though.
Yes that's true of course. The difference with Ole is that this job is a once in a lifetime shot - he's not getting a CL level club in England/Italy/Spain/Germany again in his career. Keeping this job is understandably his number one concern.

Riz

We must have had at least 90-100M in the bank when we approached BVB for Sancho. Why arent we spending that money? The money is obviously there, but Woody wants his Galactico signing or no dice.
Probably keeping it to try and sign Sancho next summer. Not saying that’s a good strategy at all but we’re probably not giving up on him forever if it doesn’t work out this window and we don’t have unlimited funds for that sort of signing.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
My memory is abit hazy here but I cant remember the last time PSG made a big-ish signing , minor the obvious in Neymar and Mbappe.

Anustart89

Give up.

He's clearly saying that other clubs have challenged us by performing so well in the market, meaning we have to step up even more.

Your hatred of him has no limit. Go support the dippers.
His quotes are suggesting that the onus is on other teams to challenge us. It's our fecking job to put up a challenge. We're not the title holders last time I checked.

Pathetic comment at the end there, is that your go-to response every time someone disagrees with a statement from the manager?

Cassidy

His quotes are suggesting that the onus is on other teams to challenge us. It's our fecking job to put up a challenge. We're not the title holders last time I checked.

Pathetic comment at the end there, is that your go-to response every time someone disagrees with a statement from the manager?
He was answering a question

Anustart89

Will be 30+ points gap again next year, for the third season in a row.

United are all done as a big club - they have thrown in the towel.
Shades of the Wenger years at Arsenal. Invest to get into the top four, then cut off investment until you drop out of top four at which players are being bought to get top four. Not Ole's fault but saying that "other teams are challenging us" is suggesting that we're in a position worth challenging. I'd be thinking that we need to challenge considering our position.

Josh 76

Wages? I was under the impression that everything was agreed between Liverpool and Werner, but when push came to shove they refused to match Chelsea's bid.
With all the news comming out now about how Liverpool financed the Jota and Thiago deals, it seemed they were unable to pay most of Werner fee upfront (Which Chelsea did).
It seems Liverpool don't have any money at all. If crowds are not allowed back in this season (Which is more than a possibility), Liverpool will be in some serious shit next summer.

BlahRules

He won’t be on time to play today, I am afraid
Luckily Shaw is fit to play. The reason I don't mind a left back is because Shaw is never fit for a more than 3 months. We had to always play Young, Rojo and Williams because Shaw is always injured.

londonredmaniac

What I don't understand is even if they can't afford Sancho, why we're not simply buying 4 or 5 of the players we've been scouting for a year or more. It's seemingly a simple enough solution. You just have to look at the comprehensive list of players from the scouts, using all the research they've completed in the last year, then pick the four best ones. Surely there's a quality right winger, a fantastic left back, and a decent center back there. For example, Kabak is a great young center back and available for just 25M! We could also easily get a winger like St Maximin for 50m. These players are affordable and would be ideal squad options. If I can find these guys, why can't our scouts?
I think that's part of my issue here, it's not as if Sancho is the only profile of player that would significantly improve United presently.

Though I'm definitely in the camp of wanting Sancho tbf.

Yes that's true of course. The difference with Ole is that this job is a once in a lifetime shot - he's not getting a CL level club in England/Italy/Spain/Germany again in his career. Keeping this job is understandably his number one concern.
Yeah there is a sense of that. He came in as a stop gap and made a success of it enough to be given a shot of a lifetime.

Though I'm not sure that it's fair to say he wouldn't rock the boat as a result of that...I think it's part of his personality in general though.

Status
Not open for further replies.