Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

His quotes are suggesting that the onus is on other teams to challenge us. It's our fecking job to put up a challenge. We're not the title holders last time I checked.

Pathetic comment at the end there, is that your go-to response every time someone disagrees with a statement from the manager?
Big difference between disagreeing with the manager and calling him 'perfect for the glazers' that demonstrates your stance right of the bat.

You've an agenda driven reaction to a simple answer putting the onus of the players to step up to the challenge set by other teams.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yes that's true of course. The difference with Ole is that this job is a once in a lifetime shot - he's not getting a CL level club in England/Italy/Spain/Germany again in his career. Keeping this job is understandably his number one concern.
Perhaps before United you are correct but I think his record is good enough now for someone else to take a punt on him at this stage

Anustart89

Big difference between disagreeing with the manager and calling him 'perfect for the glazers' that demonstrates your stance right of the bat.

You've an agenda driven reaction to a simple answer putting the onus of the players to step up to the challenge set by other teams.
So how is my statement wrong then? The Glazers don't invest in the squad and they have a manager that's peddling the "Dean's back and he's like a new signing, Pogba's fit so he's like a signing (despite being fit since May), Bruno's only been here since February (what?) and we've signed one player" line.

What else would the Glazers want from a manager? Is he not perfect for them if they can neglect investing in the squad and have their manager not express any disappointment at all?

AneRu

Of course he knows he'll never get a job at a big club outside of United.

To be fair, we probably wouldn't want to rock the boat in those circumstances, either.
Fergie is the greatest ever but did you see him going to war with the Glazers over signings, do you really believe that he was happy to replace Ronaldo with Owen, Valencia and Obertan? Maybe just maybe Ole too realizes that it's pointless going to war with people who have absolute control over the club, Mourinho did what good did it do for him and the team?

Ole is an employee of the club he has to toe the company line and he has the ultimate responsibility to pick up the pieces from this shambles of a window. That positive front he is putting up is for the players' benefit who face the prospect of going into the season without the promised reinforcements whilst our rivals have strengthened significantly.

bsCallout

So how is my statement wrong then? The Glazers don't invest in the squad and they have a manager that's peddling the "Dean's back and he's like a new signing, Pogba's fit so he's like a signing (despite being fit since May), Bruno's only been here since February (what?) and we've signed one player" line.

What else would the Glazers want from a manager? Is he not perfect for them if they can neglect investing in the squad and have their manager not express any disappointment at all?
I completely disagree. I'm not sure how you've not noticed his disappointment.

He has been vocal about our need for reinforcements. He has been clear that we are hoping to get more deals done. Honestly, what do you expect a manger to say? You really think the great Klopp would be criticising the board? Yeah, right.

Pre-match Ole always uses these pro-player statements. He's clearly trying to motivate the squad and players to step up.

We don't want a manager that sulks like Mourinho or throws his current squad under the bus. You have no idea what is said behind the scenes. Fergie always put the club and current players first in his interviews, never complained about the board or their inability to get players he wanted. Was Fergie a puppet too?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Most transfer fees are payed in Installments maybe because they are paying so little in first year they also agreed to pay rest earlier but nobody is mentioning the complete details only the details which makes Liverpool looks like master negotiators which may or may not be case depending on actual structure of the deal .

And don't you thing 41 m is quite expensive for a backup this deals seems more like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain than Mane or Salah.
Not really, especially considering the amount we, City and Chelsea have forked out on duds/bench options in recent years.
Now they are. Remember a few years back and they were a laughing stock
Remember!? Fecking yearn for the days!

Godfather

They are seriously clueless. If this season goes wrong they then have to spend big to just get into the Top 4. Spend now and challenge. If there is no money say it, I would have sympathy then. Instead they big things up, hang big contracts out to average players and then moan because fans are unhappy.
Nail on the head

BlackShark_80

Koeman has told Riqui Puig that he doesn't count on him and should look for a way out.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I think it's very, very unlikely that they will challenge this year.
At least they've shown the ambition to do so. If the players settle, the biggest hurdle to them challenging for the title is Lampard.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
At least they've shown the ambition to do so. If the players settle, the biggest hurdle to them challenging for the title is Lampard.
And their defence...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Chelsea have practically established themselves well for the short term and long term. They'll be a success with or without Lampard.
It's almost like they have a plan.

Suv666

Why the feck are people on here having a go at Ole. Seems like a routine thing to say. Klopp and Pep regularly comment about budget restrictions, no manager announces in a presser that he is an unlimited budget.
Some folks on here love slagging off Ole. Depsite him doing little wrong, they want him sacked for a glamorous name. Haters.

pacifictheme

Why the feck are people on here having a go at Ole. Seems like a routine thing to say. Klopp and Pep regularly comment about budget restrictions, no manager announces in a presser that he is an unlimited budget.
Some folks on here love slagging off Ole. Depsite him doing little wrong, they want him sacked for a glamorous name. Haters.
We can be thr best at things that don't cost money is a horrendous line from a fans point of view. Sounds like he knows the spending is over.

Dong Fangzhuo

So yesterday there was an espn report that we wanted a young LB to develop behing Shaw and now there's a gffn report that we want an experienced upgrade on Shaw. It's almost like no one has a clue and is just guessing.

dev1l

Is he attack minded with good crossing ability?
My impression (from YouTube fanboy-authored videos) he s not as good as Telles going forward but looks a better defender Imo.
He also seem.to prefer low crosses.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That would check out with what the Transfer Window podcast were saying about wanting a young LB.

dev1l

Yes. Time will tell if he's got this one right as well.
So, Ait Nouri is a Mendes client and Castles is Mendes mouthpiece.
Telles is a Zahavi client. I m sure Zahavi has people in the media too.
That s why the conflicting news.
It s clear that some journos (and the so called ITKs) are being used by agents to sell their clients.
At the end of the day, it s all about the money. Truth always comes second

Status
Not open for further replies.