Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dove

The option to buy again. Is it impossible for us to shift players on loan with mandatory buying clauses?

If we're loaning him out without having a deal secured, he'll need to be first choice for them, otherwise it's pointless.
Still better than keeping him here. He might be decent for Lazio just like Smalling/Sanchez was for Roma/Inter and they might be interested in buying him after loan ends.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Hoping Rojo, and Romero find new clubs as well. Smalling, well I would like Lindelof to go before him but thats not gonna happen so hoping we get some money for him.

Mata will stay for another year I think.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Still better than keeping him here. He might be decent for Lazio just like Smalling/Sanchez was for Roma/Inter and they might be interested in buying him after loan ends.
Yep, either them or some other club. They won’t get games with us. So let them play somewhere else. They might even do well and improve as they are still young and then we can sell them.

Edit: I meant both Pereira and Dalot

Varun1

Well they're in the CL this year, if they qualify again and he does well for them, they'll probably have that by then.
Or we'll be stuck with him because they'll deem 27m to be too much. Rinse and repeat.
In my opinion, he's worth up to £20m, give Lazio a better deal ffs and get rid of the player! Or we're hoping he has a breakthrough season with them and suddenly come back a better player for us!
Even if he has a good season for them, there's no way Lazio will pay that much.

We are so fecking useless it's incredible.

Only a few more days before the DoF rumours surface again...

Last edited:

NJM78

The Italians smelling blood with our shambles of overpaid deadwood. This club really is reaping the rewards of its shite business.

Keep players we don't want to use and pay them 100% of their big wages or let them go for less than we want or on shared wages and save money. This whilst also putting said players in shop window week in week out for next summer and potential income as opposed to sitting in the stands.

Do we bite off our nose to spite our face or take it on the chin and just accept our failures with some positives.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Hoping Rojo, and Romero find new clubs as well. Smalling, well I would like Lindelof to go before him but thats not gonna happen so hoping we get some money for him.

Mata will stay for another year I think.
Lord please add Lingard to this pile, we have such a bloated squad, filled with so much overpaid crap, no wonder we never seem to be able to shift any of them.

Varun1

Lord please add Lingard to this pile, we have such a bloated squad, filled with so much overpaid crap, no wonder we never seem to be able to shift any of them.
Pretty sure Lingard will stay, the writing is on the wall.

M4YON

AC Milan offer loan with option to buy but United want to sell, AC Milan expected to come back with a better offer.

crossy1686

career ending
The option to buy again. Is it impossible for us to shift players on loan with mandatory buying clauses?

If we're loaning him out without having a deal secured, he'll need to be first choice for them, otherwise it's pointless.
They've done and won absolutely feck all with us. We're lucky someone's taking a punt on them considering the wages they're on. Just get them out of the door where possible.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sanchez was a miracle sale. Smalling was first choice. I'd worry Dalot wouldn't get enough games to raise his value and generate interest. Anyhow, as it is, I think he's more a backup for the right wing than for right back, probably best suited to a wing back role.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
They've done and won absolutely feck all with us. We're lucky someone's taking a punt on them considering the wages they're on. Just get them out of the door where possible.
I don't think it's lucky to get a squad player out on loan with no obligation to buy where - in all likelihood - the team talking him on loan won't even cover his wages in full (as seems to be the case with Pereira). He's a tactical option and not a perma-crock, so he's got that going for him.

Just want to see us manage to sell players on, even if it's a loan with an obligation to buy.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
He is the love child of Ole. Saw a tweet where they are hoping Lingard turns it around.

dove

Sanchez was a miracle sale. Smalling was first choice. I'd worry Dalot wouldn't get enough games to raise his value and generate interest. Anyhow, as it is, I think he's more a backup for the right wing than for right back, probably best suited to a wing back role.
Well, one of the most important requirements of loan agreement would be to make sure he is seen as an important part of the team, not a rotation player. I think it's nearly impossible to sell or loan with obligation to buy players like Pereira for a decent fee. Best we can hope is to loan somewhere where they will get plenty of games so there is a chance they will increase their value.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I can understand not wanting to pay over the odds for Telles when we can sign him on a pre-contact 3 months from now.

crossy1686

career ending
I don't think it's lucky to get a squad player out on loan with no obligation to buy where - in all likelihood - the team talking him on loan won't even cover his wages in full (as seems to be the case with Pereira). He's a tactical option and not a perma-crock, so he's got that going for him.

Just want to see us manage to sell players on, even if it's a loan with an obligation to buy.
We wouldn't have loaned him out and agreed to pay half his wages if we weren't getting a loan fee or Lazio were planning on buying in the end. It's just creative accounting to get around FFP. They may have agreed to sell Savic next summer and want Pereria to replace him, anything could happen.

crossy1686

career ending
The last week of the transfer window is like when you go to transfer-listed players on FM in on the last day of the window and panic buy anyone that wants to come to your club.

All our deadwood is starting to look appealing to clubs.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Fiorentina want Piatek on loan with an option to buy, but Hertha Berlin would rather sell him permanently for 25 million Euros.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Well, one of the most important requirements of loan agreement would be to make sure he is seen as an important part of the team, not a rotation player. I think it's nearly impossible to sell or loan with obligation to buy players like Pereira for a decent fee. Best we can hope is to loan somewhere where they will get plenty of games so there is a chance they will increase their value.

We wouldn't have loaned him out and agreed to pay half his wages if we weren't getting a loan fee or Lazio were planning on buying in the end. It's just creative accounting to get around FFP. They may have agreed to sell Savic next summer and want Pereria to replace him, anything could happen.
Hope so.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The last week of the transfer window is like when you go to transfer-listed players on FM in on the last day of the window and panic buy anyone that wants to come to your club.

All our deadwood is starting to look appealing to clubs.
I would hazard a guess that clubs had eyes on our players from the outset, but have no need to rush anything because of the exorbitant wages they're all on. We are more likely to get desperate and accept 1/2 & 1/2 loans with wage share and all sorts of other nonsense we didn't intend to happen because we're desperate to get them off our books or at least soften what we have to pay them.

Really surprised Smalling is still on the market and not bought by anyone yet, but the rest are bargain bucket jobs you know nobody else is going to grab until the 30%+ sales tag is put on them, which comes in the last few days of the transfer window.

Our terrible wage structure has totally left us wide open.

OleGunnar20

Fiorentina want Piatek on loan with an option to buy, but Hertha Berlin would rather sell him permanently for 25 million Euros.
Would be a better impact option than Ighalo if he could rediscover some form. A punt worth taking at ~€20m or so.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Final week is not for purists, folks :D
scratch cards, scrubs and scavengers :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.