Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GwilDor

I’d expect those loan deals with option to buy have some additional clauses. Like, its an option to buy at base level, but an obligation to buy kicks in after x number of appearances/minutes or something similar.

roseguy64

Yep, either them or some other club. They won’t get games with us. So let them play somewhere else. They might even do well and improve as they are still young and then we can sell them.

Edit: I meant both Pereira and Dalot
Same. They're young enough that their value will improve if they have good seasons.

roseguy64

Final week is not for purists, folks :D
scratch cards, scrubs and scavengers :lol:
Exactly. Expected us to get these sort of deals on our players. Clubs want our players but on cut-price deals and now's the time for that.

K Stand Knut

You guys are being harsh on Andreas here. It's probably safe to say that Italian clubs offers to players are as low ball as the transfer fees they offer clubs.

FFS they want the player on loan and to pay him less than his wages at United. That should tell you everything you don't already know about how Serie A clubs operate.
fogive me if I’m being stupid but it’s a loan.

He’ll still get paid his United salary. He has a contract with our club for £x/week. He will be guaranteed that figure even if goes on loan to Lazio because it’s a contract. We have to pay him that amount.

the argument is normally who pays what percentage and whether we agree to subsidise the rest.

Tiber

A lot of United players deserve the scorn they are held in. But I feel bad for Dalot. Young guy, its clear from Twitter he loved being at United, the manager who signed him quickly got himself fired and im not sure Dalot ever did that much wrong.

Hope he goes on to have a good career

croadyman

Are we actually only going to get any money for Smalling this summer,wow can't deny that feels a bit underwhelming

ti vu

So if it comes to transfer deadline, the decision maker at the club rather paying Dalot full wage and risk his value further decreases, playing few games until next transfer window? It's clear Ole doesn't rate him for whatever reasons. There is less and less interest in him with the like of Wolves, Leverkusen... got other full backs.

SinNombre

So if it comes to transfer deadline, the decision maker at the club rather, paying Dalot full wage and risk his value further decreases, playing few games until next transfer window. It's clear Ole doesn't rate him for whatever reasons. There is less and less interest in him with the like of Wolves, Leverkusen... got other full backs.
There is no point of sending Dalot on loan to Milan.

His wages are small.

If we are sending him on loan, send him to an English club who can afford to pay 20m for him when he inevitably has a decent season.

croadyman

He stays then. No upfront cash to pump into Sancho deal with these loan. And money is the only issue with Sancho transfer.
Well we will have a bit from the Smalling deal but yeah none from the rest unless we can still sell Romero/Lingard

SinNombre

Its better than keeping him, at least we wont have to pay his full wages and since he's a nothing player I'll take that.
We will likely get a 2-3m loan fee as is normal with these deals. Get a small liquidity boost upfront.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
As much as I would love to sign Sancho it feels like the whole summer has been focussed on him even though we have so many holes in the squad left to fill

croadyman

As much as I would love to sign Sancho it feels like the whole summer has been focussed on him even though we have so many holes in the squad left to fill
I was up for some squad depth too until I realised our outgoings were going to bring in very little

ti vu

There is no point of sending Dalot on loan to Milan.

His wages are small.

If we are sending him on loan, send him to an English club who can afford to pay 20m for him when he inevitably has a decent season.
Leverkusen would have been perfect environment for development, if we look to loan, even without obligation to buy. We turned that down. You trust English club to be kind to the loanee, when the stake is much higher? Gnabry couldn't get a sniffed at West Brom. That's huge concern. If Dalot failed loan at lower level PL club, his value would tank

Milan is decent when it comes to follow through with their commitment to make loan permanent.
Even if we sign Sancho, shouldn't we keep him given the density of games?
James offers very little in consideration of our forward type. If Sancho arrives, he and Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, and another forward would be good option for the season. Given Lingard doesn't look like he would move, so he's always there to chip in. You don't need too many of these fringe players. We have enough central midfielders to try different system similar to how Juventus used to get the best out of Pogba with less out and out attacker (depend on the coaching capability).

Ighalo is a big disappointment and we should end his loan in January and working now for another forward, even if it's just loan. Jotic from Real Madrid would be an interesting option

Last edited:

croadyman

Leverkusen would have been perfect environment for development, if we look to loan, even without obligation to buy. We turned that down. You trust English club to be kind to the loanee, when the stake is much higher? Gnabry couldn't get a sniffed at West Brom. That's huge concern. If Dalot failed loan at lower level PL club, his value would tank

Milan is decent when it comes to follow through with their commitment to make loan permanent.

James offers very little in consideration of our forward type. Ighalo is a big disappointment and we should end his loan in January and working now for another forward, even if it's just loan. Jotic from Real Madrid would be an interesting option
Yeah think loan options are our only chance of getting a third deal before the window shuts,whether that be

ST
CB
DM

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
We are apparently interested in taking him as well and I think he’d do very well playing on the left for us. Who would you prefer him to develop under Potter or Bielsa?

croadyman

We are apparently interested in taking him as well and I think he’d do very well playing on the left for us. Who would you prefer him to develop under Potter or Bielsa?
I am a big Bielsa fan but wouldn't be averse to him joining you guys either,however we need to make this huge transfer happen first

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
fogive me if I’m being stupid but it’s a loan.

He’ll still get paid his United salary. He has a contract with our club for £x/week. He will be guaranteed that figure even if goes on loan to Lazio because it’s a contract. We have to pay him that amount.

the argument is normally who pays what percentage and whether we agree to subsidise the rest.
The original tweet noted the salary on offer from Lazio did not meet Andreas' expectations. As below:

Source: Sky Sport Italia
  • Andreas wants more than what Lazio are offering him for his salary.
  • Lazio must sell Felipe Caicedo before bringing Andreas in.

SinNombre

Hard to go against Biesla though obviously prefer your lot over Leeds.

dinostar77

A lot of United players deserve the scorn they are held in. But I feel bad for Dalot. Young guy, its clear from Twitter he loved being at United, the manager who signed him quickly got himself fired and im not sure Dalot ever did that much wrong.

Hope he goes on to have a good career
He's been unlucky, i think theres a promising fullback in him. Personally he has more potential than Brandon Williams, but thats my personal opinion. Also the fee to buy is a joke. Lazio would never pay that. That rings of Woodward going look how smart i am, €27m for Pereira on the books. Muppet. €10-15m would have been realistic.

Dunno what wages were offered to Pereira, but he'd be mad to blow the loan move. Good move for him, getting regular first team football can only help him improve.

Daniel James to Leeds on loan? If its only a loan then yeah. Hes got potential to be a good winger, needs game time and space to develop and make mistakes away from the spotlight of Utd

K Stand Knut

The original tweet noted the salary on offer from Lazio did not meet Andreas' expectations. As below:
I know that, I just replied to the last message that I saw.

unless they are looking at a purchase rather than a loan, I don’t think Pereira’s wishes matter because he’ll just get his weekly salary. The conversation will be between the two clubs in relation to who pays what percentage, or that is how I understand loans to work when it comes to pay.

Adamsk7

He’ll 100% be coming back then because even on the off chance he did play well enough to secure a €27m deal (hahahahahaha) then we already know they can’t afford his wages!

dove

It is not "realistic" for Woodward to expect us to have a decent season with the squad in its current state, so he had better do something about it in the next few days.
It is realistic to have a decent season with the squad we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.