Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Doesn't change the fact if they lose Akanji means they need a left foot centre back more than a right foot.

Hummels is pretty much nailed that central role. Can (Piszczek) Hummels Zagadou (Rojo). Unless you can be so certain that Zagadou is no longer injury prone.
Leaving the right side to a midfielder and a 35 year old fullback, while making sure that on the left side either Zagadou or the new signing will be benched, all but ruling out the possibility to change to a back four?

CM

Feels weird that Howard Nurse is a legitimate source for transfer news now

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Leaving the right side to a midfielder and a 35 year old fullback, while making sure that on the left side either Zagadou or the new signing will be benched, all but ruling out the possibility to change to a back four?
They have been playing Can as their right centre back in the back 3 and also Piszczek last season before they signed Can. Zagadou is LCB and a left footed, obviously you replace him with someone who is more suitable as LCB. Hummels is also a right foot centre back. I was talking about Zagadou's replacement rather than an upgrade for Can or Piszczek.

sparx99

That can't be right?wouldn't personal terms be for a permanent transfer. Otherwise wages are paid by either club.
Seems really weird doesn't it. It's been reported at each stage though which makes it sound like an obligation to buy.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Seems really weird doesn't it. It's been reported at each stage though which makes it sound like an obligation to buy.
Don't think a club like Lazio would agree to such an obligation for one of your reserve players

sparx99

Don't think a club like Lazio would agree to such an obligation for one of your reserve players
Sure but then personal terms are irrelevant. A player goes on loan with his current contract with his wages either covered by the club he’s going to or split with his parent club.

So why are multiple sources discussing personal terms as being a point of negotiations? The only explanation is that he’s negotiating his permanent contract which would begin once the loan concludes next summer.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Sure but then personal terms are irrelevant. A player goes on loan with his current contract with his wages either covered by the club he’s going to or split with his parent club.
I'm pretty sure there are things to discuss between a player and his potential new club, even if it is just for a loan.

The only explanation is that he’s negotiating his permanent contract which would begin once the loan concludes next summer.
Wishful thinking, I'd say. 27m is a ton of money for a club like Lazio. Can't see them guaranteeing such a sum for player who's completely unproven.

Tiber

As City’s desperation grew, they concocted an even more daring plan. Manchester United, then champions of Europe, had been chasing Tottenham Hotspur’s Dimitar Berbatov all summer. It had been a painstaking pursuit but as the deadline edged closer, City made their move. One of City’s own legal officials also had professional contacts with the Bulgarian forward and was able to contact his entourage. City offered £34 million — over £3 million more than United eventually paid — and Tottenham granted the player permission to travel to Manchester. At Old Trafford, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was seething. And then he acted.

One source close to the club recalls: “Sir Alex did something he never usually considered. He got in the car himself, went to the airport and personally picked Berbatov up from Ocean Sky, the private jet terminal at Manchester Airport. They headed straight for United’s stadium.”

Was Ferguson worried about City? The source continues: “I don’t think he was that bothered about City that day. Nobody realised the size of their threat at that point. It was more a sense of, ‘Nobody will nick him from under my nose’.”

https://theathletic.com/2096302/202...cals-tricks-agents?source=user-shared-article

We need less flapping around and more of this attitude.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We need less flapping around and more of this attitude.
You do remember we signed him on deadline day after spending the whole summer on it? It wasn’t some efficient master stroke.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
6 days to go and we've not sold a single player. We've let Sanchez go on a free but had to pay him off £5m, we're about to loan out Pereira to Lazio with a buy out clause which we all know will never be triggered and we can't seem to sell Smalling even though there's a very interested club which he spent the year with.

Ed Woodward is the most incompetent CEO in the history of football. Getting rid of him and getting somebody in his place who knows what he's doing would be far better than us getting Sancho. I hate that man so so much. He's a walking disaster and is leading this club into oblivion.

K Stand Knut

6 days to go and we've not sold a single player. We've let Sanchez go on a free but had to pay him off £5m, we're about to loan out Pereira to Lazio with a buy out clause which we all know will never be triggered and we can't seem to sell Smalling even though there's a very interested club which he spent the year with.

Ed Woodward is the most incompetent CEO in the history of football. Getting rid of him and getting somebody in his place who knows what he's doing would be far better than us getting Sancho. I hate that man so so much. He's a walking disaster and is leading this club into oblivion.
stupid post!

Tiber

You do remember we signed him on deadline day after spending the whole summer on it? It wasn’t some efficient master stroke.
I do. But I also struggle to imagine anyone at United these days just saying feck it and dragging the deal over the line no matter what to stop a rival getting involved.

Much easier to sign a player from the championship instead.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I do. But I also struggle to imagine anyone at United these days just saying feck it and dragging the deal over the line no matter what to stop a rival getting involved.

Much easier to sign a player from the championship instead.
We’ve signed plenty of players recently to stop rivals being involved. We moved for Bruno when Barca were sniffing around. Same with van de Beek when Tottenham were showing interest. Not even to mention Maguire with City or Sanchez with City.

Tiber

I don't think I have ever been less excited by any saga in recent years than this current attempt by Sir Ed to sign an already budget priced LB for even less than the asking price.

Matriac

Sorry Ed. Is that you?

I think you'll find that my opinion is overwhelming shared on here actually.
Not in that type of tone I would say.

Would I have liked for more to have happened? Yes for sure. Do I have understanding for why things are taking time? Yes. Though several of those factors are down to how contracts etc. have been handled in the past. We are paying for it now with the bloated squad.

But much like Ole "survived" past Christmas last season, Ed has survived his errors in the past.

If he has learned from them and now together with Ole ensures we keep getting a healthier and healthier squad, it doesn't make sense to fire Ed now for mistakes made in the past, since he has already been absolved for them.

Depends what he does from here though, and now lets hope we can have some action before the window closes.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Your negativity towards the club is an absolute joke at this point.

Stretender

I doubt Brooks will even leave. They just gave him a new number shirt which 7. It will take big money like 50m to make Bournemouth to sell him.
He is same level as James. United should not be looking at these average players.

Good luck to whoever pays 50 million for him. Average player.

RedorDead21

Not in that type of tone I would say.

Would I have liked for more to have happened? Yes for sure. Do I have understanding for why things are taking time? Yes. Though several of those factors are down to how contracts etc. have been handled in the past. We are paying for it now with the bloated squad.

But much like Ole "survived" past Christmas last season, Ed has survived his errors in the past.

If he has learned from them and now together with Ole ensures we keep getting a healthier and healthier squad, it doesn't make sense to fire Ed now for mistakes made in the past, since he has already been absolved for them.

Depends what he does from here though, and now lets hope we can have some action before the window closes.
But Ole will be sacked because of Ed's lack of transfers......team refresh and players knowing its refreshed annually is a key motivational factor in keeping standards up. Pretty obvious. Leaving things to the last week smells of pending panic buying ala Di Maria and Falcao without due process.

Matriac

But Ole will be sacked because of Ed's lack of transfers......team refresh and players knowing its refreshed annually is a key motivational factor in keeping standards up. Pretty obvious. Leaving things to the last week smells of pending panic buying ala Di Maria and Falcao without due process.
We don't know that for certain, it's what pundits and media are saying.

If, for some reason we end up signing nobody else, and Ole barely misses out on top 4, but there's no other drama or miscontent in the squad, the football is decent but lacking a bit in results due to injuries/subpar players.

If that were to happen I could see the board deciding to have faith in the process and make even more effort to revamp the squad next summer.

But, we will sign players now, so we won't have to worry about the above scenario. :)
Sancho is coming, top 4 comfortably and CL QF. :devil:

Tiber

We’ve signed plenty of players recently to stop rivals being involved. We moved for Bruno when Barca were sniffing around. Same with van de Beek when Tottenham were showing interest. Not even to mention Maguire with City or Sanchez with City.
That's a somewhat optimistic way to look at it. We screwed around on Bruno so long we signed him at the end of the next window. It sounds an awful lot like we only signed Dony because Ajax were willing to take a lower price for him after Madrid pulled out.

I could be wrong but im not sure City ever made a bid for Maguire despite the deal dragging out all summer? But yea we certainly outbid them for Sanchez.

United are many things these days, I'm not sure ruthless is one of them. We eventually got Bruno and Maguire because the deals dragged on so long we eventually gave the club's what they asked for all along. Maybe the same strategy works with Dortmund, but we are lucky we are the only team in for Sancho. If do have competition for him next year? It may not end well.

Status
Not open for further replies.