Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That's a somewhat optimistic way to look at it. We screwed around on Bruno so long we signed him at the end of the next window. It sounds an awful lot like we only signed Dony because Ajax were willing to take a lower price for him after Madrid pulled out.

I could be wrong but im not sure City ever made a bid for Maguire despite the deal dragging out all summer? But yea we certainly outbid them for Sanchez.

United are many things these days, I'm not sure ruthless is one of them. We eventually got Bruno and Maguire because the deals dragged on so long we eventually gave the club's what they asked for all along. Maybe the same strategy works with Dortmund, but we are lucky we are the only team in for Sancho. If do have competition for him next year? It may not end well.
In my opinion the club doesn’t have a issue actually closing deals and the main issue is who we actually target in the first place.

cj_sparky

Brooks is a slightly better Daniel James. What does everyone see in this guy?
He is from Warrington...

For the club, he can also become the ultimate fall back option and can be signed after the 5th October deadline, due to the domestic window not shutting until October 16th...when Bournemouth can fleece even more money for him if we haven't signed alternatives.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Your negativity towards the club is an absolute joke at this point.
Ed Woodward and the Glazers were enough for me to give up my ST that I had for 25 consecutive seasons. People can continue to pretend things will get better with one or two more windows or another manager if they want to. That's up to them. I'm just ahead of the curve. We need to to get Woodward sacked and get the Glazers out if we can can (which won't be as easy) before we're a serious club again. Disagree? No problem.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's not a dig at Laird (have very high hopes for him - hopefully he can stay injury free for a bit) but strange seeing a youth player who's hardly scratched the surface arrive in a Mercedes :cool: how things have changed.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Ed Woodward and the Glazers were enough for me to give up my ST that I had for 25 consecutive seasons. People can continue to pretend things will get better with one or two more windows or another manager if they want to. That's up to them. I'm just ahead of the curve. We need to to get Woodward sacked and get the Glazers out if we can can (which won't be as easy) before we're a serious club again. Disagree? No problem.
I don't disagree that they've done a terrible job and have pushed us from one of the top clubs in the world to a bit of a joke. I don't disagree that we'll be better when they're gone.

I disagree with the fact that you're negative about every single thing related to the club and try and knock other people for having a bit of optimism.

You're even going out of your way to prove why Fabrizio Romano is a fraud. Who the feck cares?!

You're not going to get the Glazers out or get Ed Woodward sacked by ranting behind a screen. My ask is that you're just slightly positive. If not, then whats the point even bothering with supporting the club? The doom and gloom is so draining.

fezzerUTD

It's not a dig at Laird (have very high hopes for him - hopefully he can stay injury free for a bit) but strange seeing a youth player who's hardly scratched the surface arrive in a Mercedes :cool: how things have changed.
Mad isn't it.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
It's strange, so many United players in a Daimler car while Chevrolet is the "Principal Partner".

fezzerUTD

I don't disagree that they've done a terrible job and have pushed us from one of the top clubs in the world to a bit of a joke. I don't disagree that we'll be better when they're gone.

I disagree with the fact that you're negative about every single thing related to the club and try and knock other people for having a bit of optimism.

You're even going out of your way to prove why Fabrizio Romano is a fraud. Who the feck cares?!

You're not going to get the Glazers out or get Ed Woodward sacked by ranting behind a screen. My ask is that you're just slightly positive. If not, then whats the point even bothering with supporting the club? The doom and gloom is so draining.
Could you list what there is to be optimistic about?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

There's a lot to be negative about tbf. I'm not Ole out just to point out so that's one thing. Plenty are but not me.

Litch

Thought that for a while when you go to U23 games, the cars are better than most championship first teams. Worth remembering some youth players are on over quarter million a year!!!!!

VanGaalyTime

Yeah I don't like to see that. But maybe I'm just super old fashioned. I much prefer youth players having to play in the first team before they start driving their fancy cars and living it up.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah I don't like to see that. But maybe I'm just super old fashioned. I much prefer youth players having to play in the first team before they start driving their fancy cars and living it up.
Yeah, call me old fashioned too.

Infra-red

I’m not so sure but is this 108M an official figure? Did BVB come up with this price themselves or it’s just a price thrown up by the journalists?
They have reportedly been quite open throughout the summer that the price is £108m (€120m).

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Telles, VdB and Sancho would be a good window for us I think.

Still an issue with the CB position, but I guess we can't fix it all in one window.

2E_MUFC

I don’t think Sancho is coming. We would’ve signed him already if that was case. Reus has apparently said he’s told the players he’s staying aswell.

Rolaholic

He would take San Peps backline spending at Citeh north of 500m euros...madness

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's strange, so many United players in a Daimler car while Chevrolet is the "Principal Partner".
Imagine being a millionaire and told you have to drive a chevrolet, you'd rightfully laugh at anyone who suggested it.

Status
Not open for further replies.