Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

He would take San Peps backline spending at Citeh north of 500m euros...madness
I thought Zinchenko was decent? Certainly a better potential backup than Mendy anyways. Unless they're just giving up on ever being able to sell Mendy.

Robbie Boy

Fair enough if you think that. I think he's quite a good CB, better than Christiansen and Tomori who seem to get games.
Fair enough mate. I think he's a shambles of a CB. His positional play is terrible and he's very erratic. I didn't really think he was rated highly. I suspect Chelsea are considering a move for Rice and the talk was that he will be reverted back to a CB if he moves there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fair enough mate. I think he's a shambles of a CB. His positional play is terrible and he's very erratic. I didn't really think he was rated highly. I suspect Chelsea are considering a move for Rice and the talk was that he will be reverted back to a CB if he moves there.
I think Rice would be a huge upgrade at CB, and thinking of it in that light, Christansen, Zouma and Tomori cost very little. You can recoup money for Rudiger eaiser than the rest.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
After reading what the Brighton supporters had to say about him in "ask the opposition" I'd be surprised they'd let him go that cheaply. They should retain him for a year or two and then sell him to United for three times that price.

SinNombre

It'd easily be quoted at 50 if United were in for him :lol:
And our muppets would be complaining how Woody and Judge are incompetent to not get it done at €50m.

If this report is to be believed, Bayern think even €25m is too much and we have mass muppet suicides going on since United fairly think €20m for Telles in this market is too much.

Robbie Boy

I think Rice would be a huge upgrade at CB, and thinking of it in that light, Christansen, Zouma and Tomori cost very little. You can recoup money for Rudiger eaiser than the rest.
Aye, he would be easy enough to sell, I imagine. Can't comment much on Tomori - I don't know a whole lot about him - but he seems all hype and little substance. Christensen is a strange one; he looked fantastic during his two seasons with Gladbach and started well for Chelsea. But he's become a liability for them. I wonder if confidence is an issue with him as the talent looked to be there.

Not sure Rice would be a massive upgrade as he hasn't played CB consistently in years now and his form has been patchy since his break out season. He would also cost 70 to 80 million by the looks of it which seems as insane as what we blew on Maguire. Guess it's the 'English tax'. For what it's worth re the Rudiger to Spurs link; it looks like utter nonsense. I could see him moving back to the Bundesliga or Serie A, though.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Aye, he would be easy enough to sell, I imagine. Can't comment much on Tomori - I don't know a whole lot about him - but he seems all hype and little substance. Christensen is a strange one; he looked fantastic during his two seasons with Gladbach and started well for Chelsea. But he's become a liability for them. I wonder if confidence is an issue with him as the talent looked to be there.

Not sure Rice would be a massive upgrade as he hasn't played CB consistently in years now and his form has been patchy since his break out season. He would also cost 70 to 80 million by the looks of it which seems as insane as what we blew on Maguire. Guess it's the 'English tax'. For what it's worth re the Rudiger to Spurs link; it looks like utter nonsense. I could see him moving back to the Bundesliga or Serie A, though.
The partnership probably doesn't help with Christensen, he looks bereft of confidence.

You might be right with rice but, I think he's played there a couple of times under Moyes (certainly once I watched) and I really think he's looked great there and never looks fully comfortable in the DM position when I see him. I personally would prefer that, I wouldn't like to see Mourinho have a good transfer window - would be a real danger for us.

Robbie Boy

The partnership probably doesn't help with Christensen, he looks bereft of confidence.

You might be right with rice but, I think he's played there a couple of times under Moyes (certainly once I watched) and I really think he's looked great there and never looks fully comfortable in the DM position when I see him. I personally would prefer that, I wouldn't like to see Mourinho have a good transfer window - would be a real danger for us.
Rice has never in a million years been a DM. He was shoehorned into the role and he smacks of a CB playing the role rather than a natural DM.

He started out as a CB for West Ham and played there in his first season. It was actually Moyes who started the DM experiment with him. I think he's well below an elite level player and is very overrated. He's no better than Maguire who I feel would easily be the superior CB. I wouldn't mind Chelsea signing him at all as I don't really feel he would be any real upgrade. I do feel he's absolutely nailed on to move to them at some point.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Think this would a stupid move for both Brighton and Lamptey. His value is only going to increase and for Lamptey's development he'd be much better doing another year at Brighton.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Rice has never in a million years been a DM. He was shoehorned into the role and he smacks of a CB playing the role rather than a natural DM.

He started out as a CB for West Ham and played there in his first season. It was actually Moyes who started the DM experiment with him. I think he's well below an elite level player and is very overrated. He's no better than Maguire who I feel would easily be the superior CB. I wouldn't mind Chelsea signing him at all as I don't really feel he would be any real upgrade. I do feel he's absolutely nailed on to move to them at some point.
Preaching to the choir on the first point.

Yeah I remember when Bilic gave him a debut very early in the season and was at CB. I think he's no better than Maguire right now, but I think he has a much higher ceiling at CB that Maguire, just based on his physicality. I hope Chelsea spunk that sort of cash on him though, it does seem inevitable.

McUnited

I don’t think Sancho is coming. We would’ve signed him already if that was case. Reus has apparently said he’s told the players he’s staying aswell.

It’s all a question of money. If a club offers £1bn for Sancho, they would obviously get him regardless of what Reus promises his players or what their board have said previously.

Tiber

Good to see the reports about United paying some of his wages were false

Status
Not open for further replies.