Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenZRed

Crazy that Brewster cost £23.5 million. He is a good prospect but that is stil la steep price for a player with hardly no (if any) Premier League experience. Liverpool are great at negotiations (unlike us) and I hope Brewster shines at Sheffield United.

dove

Crazy that Brewster cost £23.5 million. He is a good prospect but that is stil la steep price for a player with hardly no (if any) Premier League experience. Liverpool are great at negotiations (unlike us) and I hope Brewster shines at Sheffield United.
You don't necessarily need to be great at negotiations here, just sell at the right time.

48 hours

You don't necessarily need to be great at negotiations here, just sell at the right time.
don’t give youngsters huge new contracts after a few good games and then be stuck with them if they don’t progress anymore

dove

Another loan deal, another player that will be back next season and we go through it all again
Not really. There is a good chance they would want to sign him, like with Alexis or Smalling. Better than just not play him for a season and then hope someone will come with a decent offer.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Another loan deal, another player that will be back next season and we go through it all again
Loan loans loans.

We're the footballing equvalent of Blockbuster Video.

Popular with kids in the 90s, went to shit as Netflix took off.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep. Take Tuanzebe (after Villa loan) and Henderson (just this summer). We could’ve easily got £20m and £25-30m for the pair respectively. Give or take a few million with the inclusion of a sell-on or buyback clause too.

The club have a weird thing where every young player with any level of promise must be wrung out here until they’re about 23/24 before they’re actually moved on.

MonkeysMagic

Beggers cant be choosers, but we should absolutely refuse to do selling deals with IT clubs, they literally scrape the bottom of the barrel!

Baneofthegame

Yep. Take Tuanzebe (after Villa loan) and Henderson (just this summer). We could’ve easily got £20m and £25-30m for the pair respectively. Give or take a few million with the inclusion of a sell-on or buyback clause too.

The club have a weird thing where every young player with any level of promise must be wrung out here until they’re about 23/24 before they’re actually moved on.
The few we do loan out, we seem to keep until they are no longer sellable.

bsCallout

I think we'd be furious if we sold a talent like that, at that price.

He had potential to force his way into the first team squad but instead they got Jota.

I don't think we'd be happy with that as fans to be honest.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This is the guy that broke the story as well, putting himself out there as a fraud.
Technically, Santi Gimenez of AS broke the story first. He may have followed along after AS and Mundo Deportivo started running with the story.

The reliable Barcelona sources always denied contacts with United over Dembele even if they mentioned that he's for sale.

RU Devil

Good piece of business if Levy can get PSG to up the ante. Figure Dele is on the the outs as long as Mourinho is in charge (see Guardian article), and honestly has been on a big downslope for a season & a half at least. The move might actually benefit all if Dele can find a bit of form & confidence.

bsCallout

I'd be fuming if we sold Henderson. A keeper with that talent should be kept and fast tracked. Not sold for 25mil when you couldn't by a replacement for anything like that. He'll likely be our no.1.

There are some cases where in hindsight we should have sold but I want us to be about youth. Not just buying anyone.

Only good business Lpool have done this window is Thiago. No other club would have got him, certainly not for that price. Thats because theyre probably second best team in the world.

Our big issue is our ridiculous salaries that stop us moving anyone on when we eventually want to. Meaning we have a bloated squad.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Technically, Santi Gimenez of AS broke the story first. He may have followed along after AS and Mundo Deportivo started running with the story.

The reliable Barcelona sources always denied contacts with United over Dembele even if they mentioned that he's for sale.
Fair enough! Admire how up to speed you are on this saga.

RU Devil

Fair enough, although I doubt anyone really wants to flog Henderson currently. Agents just seem to get a bit of leverage on Woody & Co, so that we wind up re-upping their clients for exorbitant wages before they truly deserve it, making it next to impossible to get decent fees when it is time. Hopefully, some of our loanees shine this season so that we can actually get some decent fees to offset our future incomings. Got to start being clear-eyed on our grads & cut them loose sooner than later. If you really need to hedge our bets, include a buy-back or sell-on clause, but let them go if they really won't challenge for Top XI status.

Lee565

We could have sold gomes for a good price with either a sell on or buy back clause but what did we do, hold onto him just to play a few minutes here and there before he saw out his contract.

Maureen-yo

I'd be fuming if we sold Henderson. A keeper with that talent should be kept and fast tracked. Not sold for 25mil when you couldn't by a replacement for anything like that. He'll likely be our no.1.

There are some cases where in hindsight we should have sold but I want us to be about youth. Not just buying anyone.

Only good business Lpool have done this window is Thiago. No other club would have got him, certainly not for that price. Thats because theyre probably second best team in the world.

Our big issue is our ridiculous salaries that stop us moving anyone on when we eventually want to. Meaning we have a bloated squad.
I'd also be fuming we sold Tuanzebe, he's got great potential and to say that he's challenging for a first team place at CB at 18 years old.

SATA

That’s 110M euros in guaranteed and achievable add ons. Basically BVB are eventually going to get all of that money. It’s a 100M profit ffs

Jev

Unbelievable that people can't fathom the concept of quoting someone else. The dude is just telling what someone said in a podcast and people are accusing him of being a bullshit-spouting fake ITK.

Status
Not open for further replies.