Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infestissumam

Finally a new signing
whoever is in charge of our academy signings has done a hell of a job this summer. Shame the "big" club can't keep up, but at least our youth teams are going to be stacked. Better than nothing I guess, and hopefully we'll reap the rewards in a few years.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes, those were day light robberies. Doesnt mean every team is willing to do the same mistakes.

Reality is in most cases poor players move for poor fees, 25m should get you decent player which I dont think James is.
Remember, Welbeck was 16m 6 years ago market.

So what most cases are you talking about? I just showed you 4 different cases already so it's not coincidence homegrown players cost that much, that's the reality!

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Seen a tweet from Guardian and Telegraph that we may look to take Thomas Partey due to his release clause being £45m; if Rice definitely isnt happening, which id take tbh

LonelyFire

A genuinely embarrassing state of affairs. I’m no transfer junkie but the manager deserved and needed backing this summer. Instead he’s been given a good player but not one that strengthens the first 11, none of the team’s deficiencies have been addressed, and now linked to a has been on a free transfer. Peak Manchester United under Ed Woodward. Forever the drunken idiot stumbling about the club at 2am looking for anyone to take home.

SAFMUTD

Remember, Welbeck was 16m 6 years ago market.

So what most cases are you talking about? I just showed you 4 different cases already so it's not coincidence homegrown players cost that much, that's the reality!
All of those players bar Solanke, who didnt moved for 25M, where promising players at one point. All of them where valued around or above 20M at some point.

James was an unknown player who failed to make it here, he wasnt worth 25m a year ago and yet some how after failing here his price is going to increase? That doesnt make sense at all.

Anf putting 4 examples which are 6 years appart is not strong evidence, for those 4 examples there are dozens of players who move for normal fees, the exception doesn't make the rule.

GwilDor

Would honesytly be very surprised if we sign Cavani. Unless he accepts like 200k/week or less on a short term contract, we’ve learned nothing from Sanchez.

United have spent money on being classy this year, with several positive decisions(keeping staff, donating to several good causes around the world etc.).
I wonder if the Glazers etc are simply building for a longer term this season, and as always after a CL qualifying season, gamble that we’ll remain competitive...
Wonder if they’ll ever make the investment pushing for a PL win, or if that is just a pipedream for the foreseeable future...

Prodigal7

Whilst I’m not saying Woodward is doing a good job I do have some sympathy. The prices quoted are looking way over the odds for what we’d get. Clubs use the anger of the United fan base to screw us into paying more and they know if we don’t pay up there’ll be even more anger towards him. There’s no way he can get out of a transfer window looking good.

bucky

Houssem #Aouar has just come out of a meeting with Lyon. #Aouar has just announced to the staff that he remains at #OL! Despite the offers from Arsenal and the concrete interests of Juventus and #PSG, the player decided to play the season with #OL.

Castia

Houssem #Aouar has just come out of a meeting with Lyon. #Aouar has just announced to the staff that he remains at #OL! Despite the offers from Arsenal and the concrete interests of Juventus and #PSG, the player decided to play the season with #OL.
Brings me a bit of joy amongst our shitty predicament

Arsenal fans will be gutted. They should have got this deal done he’s a bargain at €50m.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Brings me a bit of joy amongst our shitty predicament

Arsenal fans will be gutted. They should have got this deal done he’s a bargain at €50m.
Yeah, I'm quite pleased they aren't getting him. Would have been a brilliant signing.

I like Donny but I think I would have preferred Aouar.

Fracture90

Honestly i for one welcome this change of business practices we're implementing now.

No more overpaying for both the fee and wages, no more being held to ransom.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
United are still working on a number of deals ahead of Monday's deadline with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believed to be 'desperate' to add another attacking option to his first-team squad.

Pavl3n

Well ... at least my favourite club looks a lot like me:

me........................................................................................ Man Utd

gets up at 6 am................................................ getting a 3 month break to catch up on targets, etc
drinks coffee until 6:45
drops off the kids until 7:15 .......................................talking up transfer strategy
having breakfast until 8 .......................................... no international tournaments to disturb
taking a shower until 8:30.............................................. getting a new loan - there is cash
dressing up until 8:50..................................................... talking up target no. 1
getting in the car at 8:57..................................................... doing feck all about it
8:59 - wondering why I can't make it on time ...........trying to seduce players club hasno need for them
9 AM has to be at work ................................................ 05.10.20 - Players have to be in
9:15 - Boss going crazy ................................................... 06.10.20 - Fans going crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.