Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazzmondo

That is a great price. I wanted us to buy him on the cheap to replace Matic.
So did I. Seemed like a very obvious transfer considering the price. Still a position where we have no quality depth

Flytan

He literally has Crook as his name. No way we're paying him massive amounts of money. We were competing with Benfica and Atletico. Not City and their black checkbook. I wouldn't believe any tweets saying otherwise

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Translation:

The other players mentioned in the original Tweet for sale are Mollejo, Nikola Kalinic, Mario Hermoso (linked with Real Sociedad), and Diego Costa. Lemar's been linked with Bayern in the past few days (though the links aren't that strong).

ti vu

Was there a similar outrage when Chelsea signed Thiago Silva who is 36 ?

Or is it reserved for United ?
Thiago still performing as starter for PSG. He had other options than Chelsea, and PSG wanted to keep him. Chelsea signed him ASAP.

PSG had planned to phase out a now injured prone Cavani the whole season. He has been available since July, not including in PSG CL squad for the run in. Yet nobody picked him up. Let's not pretend no other clubs have been running around trying sign forward for their teams.

So is the situation that similar, so that the outrage would be similar?

sparx99

Actually he did have quite an injury hit first half to season last year. And once he came back from injury he never looked the same as before. I thought he looked completely passed it when I saw him live. It was like a completely different team when they subbed him off for Icardi. There's a reason PSG let him go. I'm very skeptical about this transfer and having been banging the drum of him being passed it for a while. It certainly screams a Falcao type of deal to me unfortunately.
Ok, but one injury hit season isn’t quite the same as being a crock with a career ending injury or years of injury (a la Phil Jones).

Lets hope due diligence is done in the medical tomorrow.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Cavani reeks of panic buying, anyone who thinks signing a free player 2 days before deadline day that has been free for weeks needs a long hard think about reality and the lack of club ambition.

dinostar77

BBC just said Cavani joining utd in 2 year deal. Wages within current wage structure. As a newbie i cant link external stuff.

Signing tomorrow. Happy with this signing. His experience will be helpful. Still need a RW though.

dev1l

Cavani reeks of panic buying, anyone who thinks signing a free player 2 days before deadline day that has been free for weeks needs a long hard think about reality and the lack of club ambition.
We ll see. Maybe we left it so late so we could get a better deal.
Hopefully we ll have more info about actual fees paid

No Love

This mu'fugga right here
Imagine a conversation between Nurse and James Milner. It would be the conversational equivalent of that episode of Pokémon in which Metapod faces Metapod.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Are we going to up our bid for Telles to 12 million? Exciting times
Noooo we're gonna be offering Porto £10 and a pack of Rolos in the hope that'll sway them.
I'm going to guess we're going see a bit of panic buying to keep the fans happy. Thats my guess anyway

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Could one of them be Hudson-Odoi?

Chelsea could accept the offer if it had an obligation to purchase the player.

SapperBRed75

BBC just said Cavani joining utd in 2 year deal. Wages within current wage structure. As a newbie i cant link external stuff.

Signing tomorrow. Happy with this signing. His experience will be helpful. Still need a RW though.
Are we serious? What are we building? Where's the strategy? Underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.