Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_Cole

This is the sort of spin that I’m always banging on, and why I feel most of these ‘crisis’ are media created. Absolute hogwash. We’ve pursued a LB for a while now, Reguilon and Telles for a couple of weeks. What is his point in the fact that it is late in the window, and what does it have to do with ‘culture’? Or signing an experienced striker to add depth? For free! I hate these creatures passionately.
He has a point. We’ve been talking about this cultural reset, so clearing the mercenaries like Sanchez. We then go and sign a galactico looking for his last pay day.

ArjenIsM3

This is the sort of spin that I’m always banging on, and why I feel most of these ‘crisis’ are media created. Absolute hogwash. We’ve pursued a LB for a while now, Reguilon and Telles for a couple of weeks. What is his point in the fact that it is late in the window, and what does it have to do with ‘culture’? Or signing an experienced striker to add depth? For free! I hate these creatures passionately.
Cavani was a bit of a surprise but Telles definitely isn't. Not too sure what he means about the cultural reset bit either.

CG1010

Smalling is now closer to Roma now, United have given in and are going to let him leave. 15 million the lastest bid.

15 million for a player who has had a great season on loan meanwhile Liverpool got 23 million for a random youngster... :houllier:
The reason is hidden in your post. Can't compare price of a youngster with a 30 year old CB.. plus looks like his insistence to go only to Roma fecked us with any negotiating power.

Prodigal7

What a garbage headline, though I’ve not read the whole article. We’ve been negotiating for a left back for weeks now and seem to have struck a good value deal for a top player. If you want a separate argument about age profiles and culture with regard to Cavani then fine but don’t talk shite about Telles.

M4YON

The reason is hidden in your post. Can't compare price of a youngster with a 30 year old CB.. plus looks like his insistence to go only to Roma fecked us with any negotiating power.
Quality defines price more than age and he's been invaluable for Roma. I think when it comes to commanding fees for our players we're terrible.

ArjenIsM3

He's referring to the 'culture' of buying older players on big money.
Bit of a weird one since you'll always need experience in the squad and those players will inevitably be on higher wages than promising youngsters, especially if they're free agents. Fits the agenda though doesn't it.

ti vu

Smalling is now closer to Roma now, United have given in and are going to let him leave. 15 million the lastest bid.

15 million for a player who has had a great season on loan meanwhile Liverpool got 23 million for a random youngster... :houllier:
I don't argue with this case now, since we're at Roma mercy. We need to trim the squad to register new players. What I don't understand is haggling on Telles deal for this long for few millions, but spending all that or more on Cavani agent fee.

CG1010

Quality defines price more than age and he's been invaluable for Roma. I think when it comes to commanding fees for our players we're terrible.
I think age plays a very important factor too, in terms of how many years can the price be spread over, or recouped by resale. Basic finance.

One reason why price of Sancho is so high.

Tiber

A constantly injured winger with problems on and off the field, and throwing a load of money at Cavani.

Not a hint of desperation in our transfer strategy if these two deals get sorted at the last moment.

ReddBalls

He has a point. We’ve been talking about this cultural reset, so clearing the mercenaries like Sanchez. We then go and sign a galactico looking for his last pay day.
Seems Cavani is on pretty normal wages compared to Sanchez and Ibra. I don't see why getting som experience on the bench that can deliver when he plays is going against any ethos. SAF used to do exactly the same. Over and over again, even.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Bit of a weird one since you'll always need experience in the squad and those players will inevitably be on higher wages than promising youngsters, especially if they're free agents. Fits the agenda though doesn't it.
Exactly, he's taking the new policy a little too far. It's fine if we sign 1/2 experienced players here or there as it's necessary

M4YON

I think age plays a very important factor too, in terms of how many years can the price be spread over, or recouped by resale. Basic finance.

One reason why price of Sancho is so high.
Age plays a role but quality is at the forefront in my opinion.

Sancho scored 20 goals and 20 assists for Dortmund last season across all competitions, quality but also as you mentioned young too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He has no point. We can sign who we want if we feel they can contribute. We are not obligated to sign a more shit striker than Cavani to prove that we have put ‘thought’ into it - he is an obvious choice as striker cover as he is unattached and proven top quality. We sign a footballer looking for a club. The ‘galactico looking for his last pay day’ is the negative interpretation you choose to put on it, and is a generalisation of every Latin player leaving a big club, the same nonsense applied to James. Cavani has every right to continue his career somewhere, he’s a footballer who still has something to offer and no club. So long as the manager has had a word and is satisfied, these stereotypical generalisations are not needed. Cavani is just a footballer, the rest is all guff. Would it be more noble to have signed Sturridge or something? And what’s the difference between him and Zlatan?

There is always a media complaint with every player we sign. Too late, too old, too young, not good enough, too high a salary, too many injuries, no planning (as if they would have a clue). Cavani is a top striker, signed for free. If they wanted to, they could speak far more positively about it.

Because we talk about cultural reset we shouldn’t sign Cavani? What is out new culture then? Just sign Brits? I imagine the mantra is signing players with the right attitude and hunger. Only harmful prejudice and generalisations would lazily exclude Cavani from such a category.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A constantly injured winger with problems on and off the field, and throwing a load of money at Cavani.

Not a hint of desperation in our transfer strategy if these two deals get sorted at the last moment.
Again, this is nonsense negative spin. Cavani is a free transfer, yet he’s being summarised as ‘throwing a lot of money’. He’s the opposite of an expensive signing. And is he supposed to be on punishment or something? Should we just offer Cavani £40k or something, ignoring the fact that his career warrants a good salary? Why wouldn’t we, or anyone, pay Edinson Cavani a lot of money? Would you expect Cavani, regardless of where he played, to be on a low salary, and if so, why?

izec

I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.