Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

Ndombele worth a punt for us on the cheap? Have a feeling he will come good somewhere.

Perhaps it’s just all the memories of fellow posters claiming he would be an immense singing for Spurs.

Skåre Willoch

Ndombele for a reduced fee. Should we not be all over this? Or is he more if what we already have (McSauce, Fred)?

sparx99

Yes, Chelsea have only signed two quality players so far. City are probably going to go out and have a major overhaul, but as you say, only one significant signing is currently arranged.

My issue with United is not specifically about Sancho, it is very early and sooner or later i'm confident that specific deal will get done. Its about a trend, not a specific instance or the first week of this window. Its clear from this thread that some have no problems at all with the manner in which United handle transfer dealings, fair enough. But our two most recent signings Bruno and Maguire were both dragged out for most of the window (arguably two windows in Bruno's case) and I wont call that ideal.

Signing Maguire was always going to be complicated, I am quite aware that deal is harder than Lee Grant's. But it would have been better for the player, manager and club if he could have had a preseason to work with his teammates instead of being thrown into the lineup at the start of the season. Sometimes that is worth more than haggling over the last few % of a deal over the course of several weeks before inevitably paying what they asked for as the deadline approaches. I mentioned the good article about this earlier, but apparently thats noise rather than a valid point.
But how much of the saga is just papers writing stuff versus us actually sitting down in the room and negotiating the deal. By some accounts we weren't sure about Bruno in the summer so did another 6 months of watching him before pulling the trigger in January. When we then negotiated the deal Sporting were messing about and there was talk Bruno wanted to play a particular game (maybe a Lisbon derby). It's not always in our ends and half the guff is made up newspaper nonsense.

sparx99

Imagine being a fan of Barcelona, and then seeing Ter Stegen swapped for fecking Kepa, phew. Wonder how Messi would react:lol:
Might need to sell Ter Stegen to balance their books. De Gea plus £40m for Ter Stegen? Sell Henderson to Chelsea for £50m?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
There's nothing new here except for an affirmation that Milan are going to offer Ibra a large amount of money.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Torino are looking to bolster their squad after surviving. Patrik Schick headlines a list of several Torino target that also include the following players:
  • Joachin Andersen (Lyon)
  • Karol Linetty (Sampdoria)
  • Nicola Murru (Sampdoria)

roseguy64

Funny how many of the bigger names who would be (or were atleast intended to be) important players had no pre-season. We dicked around for almost all of January before signing Bruno aswell.

And where are you drawing the line for having a good pre-season? Full tour/carrington practices? There is an Athletic article about United's transfers methods/contract dealings which I found highly interesting, every little change to deals has to be passed through to America for approval etc, the club are fully aware their methods drag things out.
I thought the line would be pretty standard. If players are signed in time to go on tour with us, what’s the issue? How early do they have to be signed? And the Athletic have an article on everything. That’s what they do, talk too much and over-analyse as they have to write about something. The reality is the vast majority of our deals have been done in a timely matter, the facts prove that.

And it’s no coincidence at all that players we signed for a lot of money from the likes of Real Madrid, Juventus and Chelsea, and world record transfers, were not signed in a couple of days. And even then, Di Maria WAS signed in a few days. And Martial and Falcao signed in a few hours, but after pre-season had ended. Basically, the notion that we are slower than everyone else in the market is a myth and stands up to no scrutiny at all, just like several other myths perpetuated about us.
Also, just because approval is sought in America from Joel/Avram (can't remember which one was mentioned in the Athletic article) doesn't mean it'll take days for him to review. Just a few hours to a day. Doubt it's a major delay and it's just owner approval for major outlays.

Cloud7

Might need to sell Ter Stegen to balance their books. De Gea plus £40m for Ter Stegen? Sell Henderson to Chelsea for £50m?
If there's any chance Barca are selling Ter Stegen we should be all over it. I doubt they would be that stupid though. He's at worst the second or third best keeper in the world, at best the number one.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Torino are looking to bolster their squad after surviving. Patrik Schick headlines a list of several Torino target that also include the following players:
I find it hard to believe that Nagelsmann isn't pursuing this after losing Werner. Unless if he has someone else that he wants to sign. I reckon selling Schick could be the key of Roma can finalise the Smalling deal.

Or we could just let them have Smalling for the price they prefer £16m or £15m and we use the rest of the £2m- £3m deal for Schick loan fees since Ighalo is only with us until January.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I find it hard to believe that Nagelsmann isn't pursuing this after losing Werner. Unless if he has someone else that he wants to sign. I reckon selling Schick could be the key of Roma can finalise the Smalling deal.

Or we could just let them have Smalling for the price they prefer £16m or £15m and we use the rest of the £2m- £3m deal for Schick loan fees since Ighalo is only with us until January.
RB Leipzig are pursuing them; I think Torino are only getting involved as RB Leipzig have yet to come to an agreement with Roma. Schick, however, wants to stay at RB Leipzig, so unless Torino really convince him, I doubt he'd go there. Dzeko's also getting older and slightly less influential, so I wouldn't be surprised if Roma keep him and give him more minutes next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Save me a click.. what old strategy?
The headline regarding the old strategy is misleading.

Luckhurst is basically saying that we're poised to sign Sancho and we're also interested in Grealish and both could cost us £200m combined. We will look to recoup around £50m in sales but that could leave us short in other areas.

Withnail

Its just another copy editor who skimmed the article adding on an irrelevant headline.

He basically talks about United needing to sell players, like Sanchez/Lingard, to trim down the squad and are supposedly threatening to spend a lot this window and how spending 150m isn't really enough to be a title challenger any more.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's an empty fluff piece designed to get clicks. Contains absolutely nothing you've not read elsewhere 100 times already. The headline refers to United spending a lot in the LVG summer and that's what they need to do now. That's it.

NYAS

One of the weirdest links I’ve seen in a while. Why the feck would Joachim Andersen go from Lyon to Torino? Very highly-rated young talent that just recently joined a top 3 side in France, about to go to a side that just about survived relegation in Italy? Torino are kidding themselves if they really are targeting him.

Fracture90

Riz

Sources have told ESPN that United are in pole position to sign Sancho this summer, but the lack of serious rivals for the 20-year-old's signature has led to the Old Trafford hierarchy believing that they can drive down Dortmund's £80m valuation of the former Manchester City youngster.

Ed Woodward, United's executive vice-chairman, is prepared to offer £50m for Sancho due to the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the transfer market, but sources have said that Solskjaer and his coaching staff want the club to make a more realistic opening offer to ensure that a deal gets done quickly.
What a load of shite. £80m we would bite their hand off.

£50m offer :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Gimenez is a bit overrated due to one season when he was a regular with Godin. Ever since that season, he struggled to play ahead of Savic. Even this season Savic & Felipe are much more regular than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.