Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggs' right foot

1.5m loan fee, 100k p/w wages covered in full, 500k add-on if WH qualify for CL/EL.
Cheers. Not bad getting £1.5-2m for half a year - translated to a four-year contract that's £12-16m they would be willing to pay for his services - hopefully, if he keeps up his form, we can double that amount.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I've read the English version of the article, and it only reveals this: if United choose not to exercise the option of an additional year, we have to pay 2 million Euros to Cavani as compensation. If Cavani chooses not to exercise the option, then we won't have to pay anything.

The Spanish version reveals another key bit of info (thanks to this Tweet):

Apparently, we want to keep Cavani not only for next season but also for the season after. Cavani, however, is unsure and is considering wanting to leave at the end of this season.

Overall, we're seeing a conflict in the info from different sources. Luckhurst has said that United have yet to commence talks for a renewal (even if Cavani and his entourage are interested). South American sources (includes this info from Llorens and Marsden), however, are saying that Cavani himself is not so keen on renewing his stay with United. Regardless, I think we're heading into a transfer window where we will most likely lose Cavani and will have to replace him.

Falcow

I've read the English version of the article, and it only reveals this: if United choose not to exercise the option of an additional year, we have to pay 2 million Euros to Cavani as compensation. If Cavani chooses not to exercise the option, then we won't have to pay anything.

Apparently, we want to keep Cavani not only for next season but also for the season after. Cavani, however, is unsure and is considering wanting to leave at the end of this season.

Overall, we're seeing a conflict in the info from different sources. Luckhurst has said that United have yet to commence talks for a renewal (even if Cavani and his entourage are interested). South American sources (includes this info from Llorens and Marsden), however, are saying that Cavani himself is not so keen on renewing his stay with United. Regardless, I think we're heading into a transfer window where we will most likely lose Cavani and will have to replace him.
Small loss in my view. I'm sure we could find another loanee to score 5 or 6 goals per season for less than 170k pw. I bet Ighalo would have more goals by now had we kept and played him as much as Cavani. Also offered more as a target man.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Ruhr Nachrichten
  • Along with Sancho, Akanji's contract was also secretly renewed.
  • Akanji's contract will expire in 2023.
  • Dortmund are under no pressure to sell unless the player requests a transfer.
  • Akanji would like to play for United.
    • I think that this is based on what he said or what was revealed in the past; this is nothing new.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Bild

Konstantinos Mavropanos on whether he'll return to Arsenal:
I can’t say that at the moment. Things can change quickly in football. I still have two months here in Stuttgart and would like to end the season with the team as high up as possible. The door at VfB is open for me [to stay another year] – that’s very good, but I can only think specifically about the future when we have talks with Arsenal for the new season.

Devil may care

Keeping him 2 more seasons would be ridiculous, his fitness just isn't reliable enough.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Source: Ruhr Nachrichten
  • Along with Sancho, Akanji's contract was also secretly renewed.
  • Akanji's contract will expire in 2023.
  • Dortmund are under no pressure to sell unless the player requests a transfer.
  • Akanji would like to play for United.
    • I think that this is based on what he said or what was revealed in the past; this is nothing new.
he looked good against City but it was the first time I'd seen him play and was swiftly told afterwards he's no good:lol:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
he looked good against City but it was the first time I'd seen him play and was swiftly told afterwards he's no good:lol:
He's not a bad player, but last season, he made several standout errors both on the ball and defensively, and now, he's an easy target for Dortmund's defensive issues. Personally, I think he needs a change of environment to play with more confidence, but I don't think he'll ever be able to realise his potential.

charlenefan

How is Cavani not sure? with his injury record and his latest performances we should be the ones unsure about him.
Maybe that's what he's unsure of? Maybe he doesn't think his body can handle the PL and doesn't want to end his career on the side lines injured. Maybe he just hasn't enjoyed England, would be the first south American where that's been the case

One things for sure if he does go he 100% needs replacing, the board need to remember we brought him and Ighalo before in for a reason and that hasn't changed

charlenefan

Good . Lets be honest the only thing he really has done here is highlight we need a proper striker.
I think thats harsh, he's scored some vital goals for us and won us some vital points

Assuming neither Kane or Haaland are on the cards we could do worse than get Cavani for another year letting Greenwood mature some more

Status
Not open for further replies.