Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
More on Giroud:

The player's basically not expecting to have a bigger role, but I'm not expecting that for him under Tuchel, anyways.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The relevant bit:
Darren noted that they had heard that from players going away with England [and] other national teams that people have started to ask questions about Manchester United again.
Murtough on the transfers:
The recruitment department need to focus on bringing in players for tomorrow, those who have potential and for today, those who are ready to play for the first team now. The scouting team work closely with Ole to produce options for consideration based on the type of profile which Ole feels that the team needs. Ole has a veto, because as a club we will not sign a player that a manager doesn't want. The club has always backed its manager in the transfer market. It’s evident from what's gone on over the last two or three seasons that there has been a structured and disciplined approach to player recruitment. The transfer market will be challenging in the next 12 months but when the right players are available, which fit our profile, for the right values, will be in and around those opportunities as and when they arise.
Overall, there isn't anything particularly interesting in what was quoted by the MEN. Even the first part's sort of unsurprising.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
More on Giroud:

The player's basically not expecting to have a bigger role, but I'm not expecting that for him under Tuchel, anyways.
I dont think the top 6 teams play to his strength. Everton and Westham does play to his strength though and he could be a huge player for them.

Think he won't stay in England. Like him as a player though. Offers a very unique combination of first touch, strength and aerial power. Not many players has that combination. Still bemused why Tuchel hasn't tried him and Werner together.

RUCK4444

I dont think the top 6 teams play to his strength. Everton and Westham does play to his strength though and he could be a huge player for them.

Think he won't stay in England. Like him as a player though. Offers a very unique combination of first touch, strength and aerial power. Not many players has that combination. Still bemused why Tuchel hasn't tried him and Werner together.
Agree he would be a huge improvement for a team like West Ham.

If I were them I’d be all over this. Not sure he’s an improvement on DCL for Everton though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Source: Calcio Napoli 24

Tiemoue's agent and brother Abdoulaye Bakayoko:
It’s a good moment for Tiemoue and for Napoli, he’s back in the running for the Champions League qualification also thanks to his goal against Torino. He’s very happy to play for Napoli, they are one of the biggest teams in the Italian league. I have a lot of respect for the coach Gennaro Gattuso, this year in Napoli is definitely a good experience. He’s been happy with the city and the team in recent months, finding Gattuso after his experience at Milan was fundamental.

I don’t know what his future will be, if he can stay in blue or not. In the case of the Champions League, things could change, of course: he wants to play it, it’ll also depend on Napoli if they want to keep him or not. There’s no mandatory redemption, it’ll also depend on Napoli’s economic possibilities.

His will, although he feels comfortable in the blue, will depend on what Napoli want to do with Chelsea, before he can express his opinion on the matter.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Kökçü is a Turkish attacking midfielder who plays for Feyenoord. He's touted as Calhanoglu's replacement should the latter's contract not be renewed.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I can't believe Chelsea agreed to such a low purchase clause. He was great against us, I'd happily have him here for a higher fee than that.
Yeah he really stood out against us, considering we paid £80m for Maguire, he's worth at least £35-40m with his inexperience.
The buy-option clause was initially a higher amount (40 million Euros, I think?). AC Milan, however, were somehow able to negotiate it down to 28 million Euros.

From what I've seen, he's been useful for them, but he also has obvious weaknesses that need to be addressed. Still, AC Milan aren't missing Romagnoli as much with him in the side.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

The relevant bit:

Murtough on the transfers:

Overall, there isn't anything particularly interesting in what was quoted by the MEN. Even the first part's sort of unsurprising.
Apart from Rice who else might they be talking about?
Rice, Sancho, Kane :drool:
league won

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The quote:
There have not been any talks yet, but, I’m in for the long run and I always have been. I feel like this is my second home. Denmark will always be my home, but Chelsea will always be my place.
Christensen is entering the final year of his contract.

SamMank_86

Interested in Haaland but deal seemed to be “difficult” so we’re turning our attention to Kane? Yeah I’m sure dealing with Daniel Levy and signing one of the best strikers in world football will be a fecking walk in the park. :houllier: :lol:
The difficult part is probably more down to having to deal with Raiola. At least with Levy, if he says a number, we just need to cough up

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

The quote:

Christensen is entering the final year of his contract.
Interesting situation for him. He will have plenty of offers on the back of a brilliant couple of months. His wish may actually be to stay but if Chelsea are genuinely targeting a new CB and Silva re-signs for another season, Christensen may have a decision to make. "In it for the long run" could refer to Silva's age and contract situation, meaning he'll bide his time if he is relegated to the bench next season by a new CB knowing Silva is here for one more season max. He's been at the club since he was 15, went through the academy process etc, so I'm sure he's feelings towards the club is the same as the other academy graduates.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Proven bullshitter.
Yep. Because his Norwegian he apparently has ‘ties’ to Ole but he was talking a whole bunch of stuff that never came close to fruition from last summer.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Poor Bruno will lose his penalties.
I'm not sure. The man has scored 39 in 42, unreal statistic.

Checked Kane as well, 44 in 51. Very good that too.

We'd be in good hands re penalties, that's for sure.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm not sure. The man has scored 39 in 42, unreal statistic.

Checked Kane as well, 44 in 51. Very good that too.

We'd be in good hands re penalties, that's for sure.
There’s no way Kane wouldn’t take the penalties here. But you’re right, both are more than capable.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Yep. Because his Norwegian he apparently has ‘ties’ to Ole but he was talking a whole bunch of stuff that never came close to fruition from last summer.
I'm Norwegian and I don't have ties to Ole, except a small chat in Manchester in 1996.

Filtvedt has interviewed Ole several times, they do know each other.

I'm sure most of the stuff from last summer involved Sancho and that certainly was real even if it didn't happen in the end.

I don't think Kane is happening either, due to price, not lack of interest from our side.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm Norwegian and I don't have ties to Ole, except a small chat in Manchester in 1996.

Filtvedt has interviewed Ole several times, they do know each other.

I'm sure most of the stuff from last summer involved Sancho and that certainly was real even if it didn't happen in the end.

I don't think Kane is happening either, due to price, not lack of interest from our side.
It wasn’t just Sancho stuff, though. Interviewing Solskjaer a few times doesn’t mean he has actually ties, there was plenty he was wrong about.

We should just treat his tweets the same as we tweet any other journalist who hasn’t a proven track record.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Interested in Haaland but deal seemed to be “difficult” so we’re turning our attention to Kane? Yeah I’m sure dealing with Daniel Levy and signing one of the best strikers in world football will be a fecking walk in the park. :houllier: :lol:
To be fair. Dealing with both are equally difficult except Spurs is likely not getting CL spot and Kane is not any younger anymore means Kane’s saga will be less difficult than Haaland.

croadyman

To be fair. Dealing with both are equally difficult except Spurs is likely not getting CL spot and Kane is not any younger anymore means Kane’s saga will be less difficult than Haaland.
Kane would be more committed and doesn't have a complete shithouse for an agent, however like you said he is currently employed by one of the most notoriously toughest negotiators around

Status
Not open for further replies.