Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
By a lot of accounts, we were in for Davies. Would we have ever played him at LB either? The other two I'm pretty sure they're happy to shift this summer. We've also just signed two wingers in Pellestri and Amad in the exact same vein of transfer you're talking about.

I think you're off the mark on your assessment of our scouting and transfer policy, you've just taken one window to fit your argument.
When was the last time we took a punt on a player who was available on cheap and is young enough to make the next step ? I can't remember anyone in near future except for James.

Pellestri, Amad is all young with huge potential and is completely unrelated to the topic . Agree, Davies is also not comparable because he was also very young .

Point is not about whether they will be successful or not , it's just that we arent doing it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bayern buy from a position of strength allowing them to supplement the stars they have with some unearthed gems. They also play in a one team pub league. United don’t have that benefit.
They didn't sign them from their league though. It was just a reference. Idea wasn't to compare with Bayern dealings.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Back to the Tweets:
  • Milan's offers (all refused)
    • 5-year contract; 6 million Euros/year + 1 million Euros bonus for CL qualification
    • 5-year contract: 7 million Euros/year
    • (Most recently) 2-year contract; 7 million Euros/year + 1 million Euros in bonuses; 30 or 35 million Euros release clause if no CL qualification
  • Donnarumma's entourage are requesting 12 million Euros/year guaranteed
  • Milan are not interested in making more offers
  • Milan are working on bringing Mike Maignan of Lille in for 12 million Euros
  • Juventus are most interested in signing Donnarumma this summer via selling Szczesny

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Flick's contract will be terminated at the end of the season. Nagelsmann will start in July and be given a 5-year contract.

The final transfer fee is 20 million Euros + 5 million Euros in bonuses.

EDIT: Final price

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

EDIT: Additional quotes

"We are in discussion with Paris. There is no rush. Everything is almost settled. I feel very happy here at PSG."

Neymar wants to be reassuring about his future in the capital, exclusively on RMC.

Last edited:

Matt851

Jones is basically done, Tuanzebe isn't ready/able to be a regular starter, and we've lost Rojo and Smalling in the last 18mths. Even if we keep Bailly we still need another CB. If we'd let Bailly leave (and we weren't going to get much transfer-fee wise) we'd have to sign two new CBs. Not to mention we may need a new striker if Cavani leaves (as expected), we still need a RW, and could really do with replacing Matic (plus Mata is on his way out)
What kind of difference does someone who is always injured make to our strength in depth, answer - none

Devil may care

Maybe, but we lack alternatives in attack. In choice between signing Sancho and Varane, I´d pick Sancho.
I feel our starting option at RW is better than our starting option at CB though, truth is i find it hard to care about attack until we fix our midfield which is the worst part of the team and doesn't supply the attack we have.

Dve

I feel our starting option at RW is better than our starting option at CB though, truth is i find it hard to care about attack until we fix our midfield which is the worst part of the team and doesn't supply the attack we have.
I my opinion, our priorities should be DM - attacker (striker or winger) - DC, in that order. If we get injuries on Rashford or Greenwood, we are left pretty short. If Cavani goes, an attacker will probably be priority nr. 1.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think some fans have got to start trusting the people inside the club. By that I mean the coaching staff.

If they feel the likes of Amad is ready for the RW then let's go for it. Look at Greenwood for example and the development of Mctominay as a key squad player.

No point just throwing millions about every summer when we are likely to have some of the answers within.

Devil may care

I my opinion, our priorities should be DM - attacker (striker or winger) - DC, in that order. If we get injuries on Rashford or Greenwood, we are left pretty short. If Cavani goes, an attacker will probably be priority nr. 1.
The Cavani situation is definitely an issue, especially given we have so many other issues, it could effect everything.

We don't even have a right winger? How can it possibly be better.
If you mean a "chalk on the boots" winger then no, we don't have any wingers for either side bar James, but Ole clearly isn't interested in that, he wants wide forwards and Mason does the same job as Rashford for us on the right.

Devil may care

I think some fans have got to start trusting the people inside the club. By that I mean the coaching staff.

If they feel the likes of Amad is ready for the RW then let's go for it. Look at Greenwood for example and the development of Mctominay as a key squad player.

No point just throwing millions about every summer when we are likely to have some of the answers within.
I think the issue is we never see Amad, instead the mediocre James is favoured to start over him, which makes you wonder how little Amad is impressing if he can't get in ahead of a player of James level.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think the issue is we never see Amad, instead the mediocre James is favoured to start over him, which makes you wonder how little Amad is impressing if he can't get in ahead of a player of James level.
I don't think it's an issue given Amad has only been with us a few months.

This kind of thing takes time and it wouldn't send a particularly good message to Dan James if we are essentially saying he's surplus to requirements. He's also a young player himself.

I don't understand what the rush is with people I really don't.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

This kind of thing takes time and it wouldn't send a particularly good message to Dan James if we are essentially saying he's surplus to requirements. He's also a young player himself.

He is though.

Devil may care

Well I'm not in a rush if Mason starts there, but Dan James is extremely average, never going to be good enough if our intention is to get back to actually competing for PL titles. So if you're someone that feels Mason should be a striker then I get their frustration at having to see James on the RW regularly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Maybe to you but not to the club.

He's also hoping to get a spot in the Euros.

I swear some of you don't get Manchester United and what we are about
I do. We’re different from every other club. We’re a family club. We believe in youth. :devil:

jesperjaap

We've not had consecutive CL seasons since Fergie left so we don't really know what their investment would be in that scenario.

There has been a pattern of miss CL then spend big. Then make CL and spend less. But that ignores wider the wider context of sacking managers amongst other things.
Good points, cant argue with that, lets just hope it isnt a continuing pattern this summer spending wise

jesperjaap

Why would they? We've just stopped them from making a huge amount of money, whilst they barely spend when we get top 4 anyway.

It's going to take a considerable amount of money to bridge the gap between our and City squad, a sum they won't be prepared to pay. We're not just talking PL here, the club has to have aspirations of winning the CL, which were very, very far from winning also.
SO because we have stopped them making more money they will cut off there nose to spite there face? I think that is just negative thinking, agree they havent spent big when we have made the top four, that is a concern.

I would agree the gap between us and CIty and champions league success is greater than the points difference this season, as for champions league success, maybe, but lets face it, this season there are only three very good teams in Europe and one of them is already out of the tournament, CHelsea could well reach the final and we have done better in the league than them this year and spent far less too. I woul dsay the gap is shorter this season than before and unlike other seasons we dont need 6/7 signings this summer, I think it is 3-5. I do also think the net spend doesnt actually have to be that high if we can get the right signings and lets face it previous seasons have shown it isnt about how much we spend, but getting the right players. People keep talking of the need to spend 150m on Haaland but what about some of the great potential deals for the likes of Romagnoli for £25m odd......saying all that, yes I do agree and think we wont get the number of players or right ones, think we will do 2-3 max and from a personal point of view, I expect to only be excited about one of them

pacifictheme

SO because we have stopped them making more money they will cut off there nose to spite there face? I think that is just negative thinking, agree they havent spent big when we have made the top four, that is a concern.

I would agree the gap between us and CIty and champions league success is greater than the points difference this season, as for champions league success, maybe, but lets face it, this season there are only three very good teams in Europe and one of them is already out of the tournament, CHelsea could well reach the final and we have done better in the league than them this year and spent far less too. I woul dsay the gap is shorter this season than before and unlike other seasons we dont need 6/7 signings this summer, I think it is 3-5. I do also think the net spend doesnt actually have to be that high if we can get the right signings and lets face it previous seasons have shown it isnt about how much we spend, but getting the right players. People keep talking of the need to spend 150m on Haaland but what about some of the great potential deals for the likes of Romagnoli for £25m odd......saying all that, yes I do agree and think we wont get the number of players or right ones, think we will do 2-3 max and from a personal point of view, I expect to only be excited about one of them
Chelsea had an incredibly shite manager for a lot of the season. I think they will be much closer next year.

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Why would they care about closing the gap to City. Once you factor in bonus payments to all of the players, you earn pretty much the same money for finishing second as you do for winning the league.

The massive financial investment required to bridge this gap simply isn't worth it from a business perspective (which is obviously all the Glazers are interested in).

It will be a very quiet summer for us.
Like everybody else I dislike the Glazers. The last 3/4 seasons there have been a couple of summers, especially when we have qualified for Europe where they havent invested. But as a whole, whether they are interested purely in finishing in the top four or trophies, you really cant say they havent invested in the squad as we have spent big several seasons, just bought badly in my opinion. We have also sold very badly, that is actually something historically we seem to have done long before the Glazers even.

Of course they care about there pockets rather than the club, that is obvious and es there have been instances where they havent backed the manager but for me bar a couple of summers I think purely transfer wise its more a case of us signing the wrong players at inflated prices rather than not investing

rotherham_red

Well that's certainly optimistic :lol:
Someone will bite even in this climate.
I'll be honest, I think he would make even that price seem an absolute bargain, if he goes to the right club. He has all the correct fundamentals in place. He just needs the chance to prove it.

Leicester or West Ham (if they keep Lingard) would be the best realistic fit for him. Personally, I'd love him here because we are badly missing a striker of his ilk, especially if Cavani leaves, but I know that isn't going to happen.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If Chelsea get £40 million for him I will be furious :lol:

We will probably let Jesse go for £15 million and simultaneously buy Rice for £80 million.
No one is getting Jesse for £15m I don’t think.

And tbh, I don’t even think £40m is THAT much of a rip-off for Tammy. At the right club. This is the market. Villa paid £30m for Watkins, Brighton paid £28m for Maupay, Palace £32m for Benteke etc. Villa probably feel their £30m for Watkins is money well spent with his current 12 goal return. If Tammy goes and hits 16 league goals for a West Ham, he is worth £40m for them. And he is capable of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.