Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

The thing with signing Bailly to a new contract is that it doesn't solve the problem of starting Maglof as our main CB, partnership.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
30 m in Covid times to replace a manager?

Did anyone ever paid for transfer of a manager?
AVB to Chelsea, Rodgers to Leicester, Amorim to Sporting are the highest fees paid for a manager, I believe. Sarri to Chelsea was another.

It’s not super frequent, but it does happen.

Falcow

Far too many dropped points this season due to scoring one goal or less in games. Dont really another defender, we need Harry Kane. If we had Kane this season we would be champions.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Far too many dropped points this season due to scoring one goal or less in games. Dont really another defender, we need Harry Kane. If we had Kane this season we would be champions.
I agree it’s attacking players we need

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
And a cb because of injuries and injury prone players. Maguire and lindelof, who has a back problem himself are our only 2 regularly fit defenders. That’s a problem
I can’t really remember us struggling to field 2 of our top 4 CBs. I may be wrong.

Id prioritise striker and CM over CB anyway.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I can’t really remember us struggling to field 2 of our top 4 CBs. I may be wrong.

Id prioritise striker and CM over CB anyway.
No because maguire and lindelof are fit most weeks. I’d hate to see what happens if either gets a bad injury

hubbuh

He's barely a back up because he's hardly ever fit. That's my point. Might as well keep Tuanzebe for back up and bring in a starter CB.
A starter CB? We need a starting forward first and foremost. If you think we're signing a starting CB and a starting forward you're in for a rude awakening, unless the Glazer's decide to shock us all.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Think that's anything to do with how we play because of our defenders? How much deeper we have to play and how many bodies we have to put in front of them?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
A starter CB? We need a starting forward first and foremost. If you think we're signing a starting CB and a starting forward you're in for a rude awakening, unless the Glazer's decide to shock us all.
We need both. My point being, Baily signing a new deal doesn't mean we can look elsewhere. He's made of glass and can hardly be depended on.

sparx99

We have though. We qualified for both 17/18 and 18/19. Our reinforcements for 18/19 were Fred and Dalot.
Yeah ok. So won Europa and invested big and then we finished 2nd. That 2nd place though was roundly sneered at and we ended trophyless. That summer then had Mourinho being a dick and being sacked by December. The writing was on the wall in the summer already.

Ole seems to be in much more secure position and the planning seems more long term than it was at that point.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
For those of you who are worried about Bailly's renewal signalling no new CBs, we were strongly getting linked to new CBs at a time when Bailly was playing regularly, and United journalists were also talking about how a new CB was going to be a priority for us in the summer. To conclude, Bailly's renewal won't affect our ability to get a new CB. Our current budget should still allow us to bring one in as well as another new first-team player (most likely a forward given past reports).

For those of you who want a CM, your only (slim) hope is that either Bailly or Cavani's renewal means that we focus on bringing a new CM in.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

La Dernière Heure cover quote from Brugge's sporting director Dimitri De Condé:
I have to be honest: if I had been told that at the start of the season, I would not have believed it. He scores, he progresses, he has stability. But just thinking about his possible departure, it generates stress. As a sporting director, I want to see him stay. That said, it may be the moment for him to leave. It is a complex issue. Everything will depend on the market. Maybe we’ll find a solution with him, an offer he’ll accept? But, if there is a possibility for him to stay, I will do anything to seize it.
In an interview with Sporza, Onuachu himself mentions his dream destination if he were to leave this summer:
I really like Arsenal. [Emmanuel] Adebayor, one of the players I admired most, played there. I really was a fan of him, including Kanu. I really love watching Arsenal too.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The article mentions that he's 21, but he's actually 19. He's another right-sided forward who has potential to play up front.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

This is going to last a while, isn't it?
I saw Chelsea linked to him, annoyingly. A back three with Varane and Rudiger doing all the running for Silva sounds a bit good.

pascell

The article mentions that he's 21, but he's actually 19. He's another right-sided forward who has potential to play up front.
Expect nothing less from Luckhurst, lazy journalism at it's finest.
That's an interesting one, wonder where he'll go next, Leipzig seem very good in their recruitment.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That's an interesting one, wonder where he'll go next, Leipzig seem very good in their recruitment.
His recruitment has been pretty good, overall. I expect him to stay at Germany, but at this moment, I don't know which Bundesliga club has an opening for him.

EDIT: I forgot about Eintracht Frankfurt...

SAFMUTD

AVB to Chelsea, Rodgers to Leicester, Amorim to Sporting are the highest fees paid for a manager, I believe. Sarri to Chelsea was another.

It’s not super frequent, but it does happen.
If I'm not mistaken we paid Molde for Ole as well. Is pretty common when the manager is under contract.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Think that's anything to do with how we play because of our defenders? How much deeper we have to play and how many bodies we have to put in front of them?
Thats not on the defence, thats because we had calamity dave in nets for most of the season, glued to his line as usual, this will improve with deano

Falcow

It's a fair point. But i dont think it's the reason why Martial and Cavani have 10 or 12 league goals between them. Kane is scoring and creating goals....we need that. If Kane had played as many minutes for us this season as Martial has then I'm sure his return would be far in excess. Martial has had an awful season and I dont think you can explain that by saying we sit deeper to compensate for our defenders.

But more pace in central defence certainly wouldnt hurt.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
History tells us that clubs with Navas as their keeper view DDG as an upgrade.

But yeah, I imagine so.
To be fair, Navas has had another great season with PSG. He's low-key been one of the best goalkeepers in the world and much better than de Gea over the past couple of seasons. I'd honestly be surprised if PSG were to bring in de Gea given his costs when they have a stable keeper in Navas.

Dve

The thing with signing Bailly to a new contract is that it doesn't solve the problem of starting Maglof as our main CB, partnership.
At least it gives us an option, and in fairness, our defence has been pretty good since January, and there is also hope Tuanzebe can get more involved. I doubt that we´ll be able to buy everything we need this summer (DM, RW, S, CD), and in my opinion, strengthening the other 3 positions is more urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.