Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Wake up we aren't signing 4 players this window be lucky to get 2
SO you think we are going to make one signing then? NOthing would surprise me, we havent made enough signings any summer window for a number of years, and certainly not enough quality ones.
It is the first window for a long time though I havent felt we have needed 6 signings as a minimum. I would be surprised if we didnt sign at least a centre back and a striker as a bare minimum, I think we NEED four, I think we will sign three

jesperjaap

We'll be lucky to get any, the Glazers are going to be super p*ssed off that us fans stopped them from making mega money.
Well they have seemed to be at there tightest when we have achieved top four finishes, that in itself is a concern this window as its our best chance to close the gap for some time.

But do you really think they are going to block all transfers out of spite for what has happened?

Infra-red

Well they have seemed to be at there tightest when we have achieved top four finishes, that in itself is a concern this window as its our best chance to close the gap for some time.

But do you really think they are going to block all transfers out of spite for what has happened?
Why would they care about closing the gap to City. Once you factor in bonus payments to all of the players, you earn pretty much the same money for finishing second as you do for winning the league.

The massive financial investment required to bridge this gap simply isn't worth it from a business perspective (which is obviously all the Glazers are interested in).

It will be a very quiet summer for us.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
wait...
30m transfer fee for a manager?! :confused:
I mean we do need a FB backup. For that price we should ask Nagelsmann if he can play there too. Player-coach here wo go. :p

But let's be serious... we are obviously not going to pay 30m Euro, feels like that's a number just thrown into the room. Previous sources talked about 10-15m which is still a lot for a coach but somewhat reasonable and imo that's probably what we will pay in the end.

GJNJ

wait...
30m transfer fee for a manager?! :confused:
The manager is arguably the most important person at the club, 30m buys you a squad player. It does seem like a lot but in that context it’s not that much.

I suppose it isn’t the norm to pay big fee’s for a manager, and 3 months down the line he could be damaged goods and being paid to leave without any ‘sell on’ value.

CM

30 m in Covid times to replace a manager?

Did anyone ever paid for transfer of a manager?
Bundesliga ruining football. But to answer your second question Chelsea paid a substantial fee for Villas Boas.

pascell

Why would they? We've just stopped them from making a huge amount of money, whilst they barely spend when we get top 4 anyway.

It's going to take a considerable amount of money to bridge the gap between our and City squad, a sum they won't be prepared to pay. We're not just talking PL here, the club has to have aspirations of winning the CL, which were very, very far from winning also.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't reckon Naglesmann and his hard pressing heavy energy style would be an easy sell to the senior players in the Bayern team. They even fell out with Ancelotti of all people if I recall correctly.

shahzy

We'll be lucky to get any, the Glazers are going to be super p*ssed off that us fans stopped them from making mega money.
We wont get any because we havent missed out on Champions league this season. Cmon lads. The drill is obvious now. Signings only come after finishing worse than 4th

CM

Not getting a new CB this summer then ...
To be honest this outcome is preferable if we aren't signing a top tier CB anyway. Pau Torres or Milenkovic would've felt very much like lateral steps.

hubbuh

Not really because Bailey is never fit :lol:
He suffered that injury at the start of the season and missed a run of games but that aside, he's been more or less fine. Him, Maguire, Lindelof, and Tuanzebe should suffice. It feels inevitable the club will use the Super League fiasco as an excuse to underinvest, so it's important we prioritse.

theklr

To be honest this outcome is preferable if we aren't signing a top tier CB anyway. Pau Torres or Milenkovic would've felt very much like lateral steps.
Agree, but not getting Varane is really a blow, at least if he really wanna go and Chelsea gets him

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He suffered that injury at the start of the season and missed a run of games but that aside, he's been more or less fine. Him, Maguire, Lindelof, and Tuanzebe should suffice. It feels inevitable the club will use the Super League fiasco as an excuse to underinvest, so it's important we prioritse.
I don't think he has, he's always injured. He's only looked fine because he's been used sparingly. If you play him in a run of games there is a high likelihood he breaks.

hubbuh

I don't think he has, he's always injured. He's only looked fine because he's been used sparingly. If you play him in a run of games there is a high likelihood he breaks.
He's only expected to be used sparingly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's only expected to be used sparingly.
Why? Because he's made of glass. I don't think tying him down means we should look elsewhere on that basis.

If he's a player only ever used sparingly, it shouldn't really matter if he stays or leaves.

hubbuh

Why? Because he's made of glass. I don't think tying him down means we should look elsewhere on that basis.

If he's a player only ever used sparingly, it shouldn't really matter if he stays or leaves.
Because he's backup. Ole clearly likes Maguire and Lindelof and sees them as mainstays. I'd like someone to come in and actually challenge, but it's patently clear we need to prioritise as we aren't spending big. I think people need to get used to that now before the summer window opens.

sparx99

We've not had consecutive CL seasons since Fergie left so we don't really know what their investment would be in that scenario.

There has been a pattern of miss CL then spend big. Then make CL and spend less. But that ignores wider the wider context of sacking managers amongst other things.

acnumber9

We've not had consecutive CL seasons since Fergie left so we don't really know what their investment would be in that scenario.

There has been a pattern of miss CL then spend big. Then make CL and spend less. But that ignores wider the wider context of sacking managers amongst other things.
We have though. We qualified for both 17/18 and 18/19. Our reinforcements for 18/19 were Fred and Dalot.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because he's backup. Ole clearly likes Maguire and Lindelof and sees them as mainstays. I'd like someone to come in and actually challenge, but it's patently clear we need to prioritise as we aren't spending big. I think people need to get used to that now before the summer window opens.
He's barely a back up because he's hardly ever fit. That's my point. Might as well keep Tuanzebe for back up and bring in a starter CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.