Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Alisson to Liverpool, Jorginho to Chelsea, Dybala to Juventus, Kovacic to Madrid.

It may not look big deals on the scale of how much PL clubs can pay, but with context of Italian clubs finance. Remember Palermo whom sold Dybala to Juventus? The club had been refounded in Serie D after serial relegation both via result on the pitch and issue with their finance.

Some circumstances they just make up crazy price to keep the players. Other time they meant the valuation for sale when concrete interest shown by potential buying clubs.
Good point I didnt remember those ones, still not a lot of movements least than one per year.

prateik

Cavani to PSG for 63m euros was one of the first "silly money" transfers I remember for someone who wasnt considered world class.

MichaelRed

Cavani to PSG for 63m euros was one of the first "silly money" transfers I remember for someone who wasnt considered world class.
He'd scored 78 goals in 104 games, he definitely was being called world class at the time.

Pep's Suit

Hopefuly City pays for him, I predict he will be a flop here in the EPL.
Yeah. I think he's closer to someone like Mangala than Kompany / Laporte. Just don't think he's that good and probably can offer only 2-3 seasons anyway. But we'll see.

Mick1

He wasnt Ronaldo, Bale, Kaka level.
Transfer fees blew up after that
I don't think he was seen as ridiculously priced at the time. Kaka cost the same, and with the benefit of hindsight at the time, 60 mil was the norm for borderline world class talent.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How much money do Villarreal have? They seem to be buying every Valencia player going

Sigma

Not really. Stating we’re miles off the top two and our squad depth isn’t good enough is a subjective opinion, one I happen to agree with but it isn’t a fact.
I was talking about the previous comments from Zorc and the context behind the transfer of Dembele to Barcelona. You are right though, that what he says in regards to squad depth is his opinion.

Jackal981

Of course we are but we aren't buying him because Barca wants to keep him. Stupid tweet, not you Tom but the tweet
Chance hell freezes over first before we got Fati. Their fans gonna lynch Bartomeu if that happens

fps

He wasnt Ronaldo, Bale, Kaka level.
Transfer fees blew up after that
I’m not sure. He was an excellent striker in his prime. The Kaka transfer proved to be a total failure and I actually wondered whether that had quite a lot to do with it - well Kaka does nothing and he cost X, so....

romufc

Cannot see Barca selling Fati even if they need money this summer.
We can barely get money for Sancho who has a fee of £108m, what makes us think that we can even afford Fati, he is probably using United as a bargaining chip for a better contract, usually thats what happens when a Real / Barca player wants a new contract.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Barca will never sell him. He probably won’t want to leave them either. At least not yet.

But I’m glad to see us poaching their youngsters just how they have poached ours. Will put them in a tough spot if they don’t give him enough playing time going forward.

Hypothetically speaking, he may just cost a tad bit less than Sancho too.

SuperiorXI

What do people think about enquiring on Adama Traore?

No CL/Europa league next season, 24, Right Winger, fecking mustard. Only sticking point is the long contract. Decent alternative to Sancho?

LARulz

Barca will never sell him. He probably won’t want to leave them either. At least not yet.

But I’m glad to see us poaching their youngsters just how they have poached ours. Will put them in a tough spot if they don’t give him enough playing time going forward.

Hypothetically speaking, he may just cost a tad bit less than Sancho too.
I've genuinely forgot, who did they poach from us?

fps

100% United with a brief trying to ruffle Dortmund :lol:
Yes shame it’s not believable. Should’ve been about Traore although maybe that’s a bit close to the truth should Sancho fall through (in my head anyway!)

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
What do people think about enquiring on Adama Traore?

No CL/Europa league next season, 24, Right Winger, fecking mustard. Only sticking point is the long contract. Decent alternative to Sancho?
Surprised we havent been linked with him more actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.