Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Really, he's 31 this season, doesn't have the skill set that Ole wants to fit into your defence and according to Transfer market Roma paid a 3 million euro loan fee last season. If he goes for 10 million euros that's not a bad sum given that you paid 8 million for him originally so you're getting your money back plus some!
He’s not going for 10m euros. Newcastle want him and I’m sure they’d quite happily pay 20m for him. He’d be the best centre back at about 14 clubs in the league.

Robertd0803

Maybe not the thread for it, but for 10 years ago, Edwin was great with his feet. I appreciate football has moved on now, but at the time he was considered good to very good with the ball at his feet
Memory may be playing tricks on me, I always remembered being really nervous when he had the ball at his feet for some reason.

dev1l

He’s not going for 10m euros. Newcastle want him and I’m sure they’d quite happily pay 20m for him. He’d be the best centre back at about 14 clubs in the league.
He doesn't want to go to Newcastle apparently

Yes but he doesn't want to go to Newcastle.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Would rather keep smalling than sell him for 10 million. Daylight robbery. I know he'd want to leave, but selling him for 10 million euros is crazy.

Pavl3n

Then he can take a salary cut to help the matters.. why should the club be taken to the cleaners!!
That isn't the clubs problem. If Roma want Smalling then they need to pay the fee. United should start looking at other offers in order to push Roma for a higher fee. I am sure West Ham or someone would pay £20m after they offered £27m for Tarkowski.
I'm not advocating for Roma. Nor for Smalling, all I say I could understand why one prospect looks better than the other.
I am sure we could just reject Roma's bid, but surely there's some gentlemen's agreement between us and Chris.
Ultimately we want him out and we want someone else to be paying his wages and collect a decent fee, but it's really hard to force a player to a certain club.
You could break the good relation between the club and the player and he could just turn around and say: "If you want me out - pay up my contract. You won't let me go to Roma, so I'll stay here, play golf and collect my wages", which is definitely not what I want.

Blood Mage

Van der Sar was better than De Gea with the ball at his feet, quite comfortably so in fact.

romufc

I'm not advocating for Roma. Nor for Smalling, all I say I could understand why one prospect looks better than the other.
I am sure we could just reject Roma's bid, but surely there's some gentlemen's agreement between us and Chris.
Ultimately we want him out and we want someone else to be paying his wages and collect a decent fee, but it's really hard to force a player to a certain club.
You could break the good relation between the club and the player and he could just turn around and say: "If you want me out - pay up my contract. You won't let me go to Roma, so I'll stay here, play golf and collect my wages", which is definitely not what I want.
It depends on what drives Smalling, is it money or to play football. To me, it seems like football.

I am sure we have an agreement saying £15/20m and we will sell, which is why Roma keep coming back low balling United hoping we will sell for less. I wouldn't be surprised if come the last week they match our fee.

Robertd0803

Bournemouth are probably never coming back up again, are they? What a depressing state of affairs it must be for those supporters. Manager gone, Ake gone, Wilson gone, Ramsdale gone, Fraser gone, King likely gone.

Basically their whole team just blown up.
I think most fans will be pretty pragmatic about the likes of Howe and Ake going (and they got a pretty hefty amount for Ake) considering there wasnt much hope of keeping them after being relegated.

Ryan Fraser on the other hand I cant imagine getting a lot of well wishes somehow.

GwilDor

The club gave him his current contract :lol:
Yes, but at the moment, Roma wants to buy him out of that contract, and Smalling wants to get out of that contract. Hence, they need to pay what United demand to make that happen. If Roma are not able to both offer Smalling the wage he has at United and pay the fee we want, i guess Mike needs to decide if he wants the move to Roma enough to take a wage cut. Worst case i'd say is he stays and nobody are happy. But it takes two (or three in this case) to tango, it can't be United doing everything to facilitate a move when Roma and Mike are the ones who want the move the most.

flappyjay

Would rather keep smalling than sell him for 10 million. Daylight robbery. I know he'd want to leave, but selling him for 10 million euros is crazy.
It's weird people would want us to sell cheap because he was bought cheap. But see them praise us for buying an inferior player for more money.

DBT85

Yes, but at the moment, Roma wants to buy him out of that contract, and Smalling wants to get out of that contract. Hence, they need to pay what United demand to make that happen. If Roma are not able to both offer Smalling the wage he has at United and pay the fee we want, i guess Mike needs to decide if he wants the move to Roma enough to take a wage cut. Worst case i'd say is he stays and nobody are happy. But it takes two (or three in this case) to tango, it can't be United doing everything to facilitate a move when Roma and Mike are the ones who want the move the most.
United also want him gone and off the wage bill though and Smalling and Roma know that too.

2E_MUFC

Ed’s amazing at monitoring. He’s a voyeur. Reminds me of a channel 5 classic I used to watch back in my hormonal teenage days about a guy that was a home security installer and he installed spy cameras in this super hot woman’s house and watched her shag lots of blokes (and a couple of women). She knew obviously. Great film........
:lol::lol::lol: Literally remember this. Classic! Was trying to remember the name of it a while back :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Always thought he was massively over rated myself and the fact he's dropped down to a club not even in Europe speaks volumes.
Doesn't say anything. He moved for Ancelotti who is no mug and may just fancy the opportunity to make a club successful. Don't see anything wrong with that. He did well at Real Madrid, just wasn't given a run of games.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Doesn't say anything. He moved for Ancelotti who is no mug and may just fancy the opportunity to make a club successful. Don't see anything wrong with that. He did well at Real Madrid, just wasn't given a run of games.
He did well? They paid about £65m for him and then loaned him out for a few years. Now sold him for peanuts to a team not even in the Ropey league. He didn't do well at all mate. Actually think fans of his harp on about that one good tournament he had with Colombia. He's been a disappointment of a player really wherever hes gone.

GwilDor

United also want him gone and off the wage bill though and Smalling and Roma know that too.
Sure, but as i said, they want the move the most. Smalling is not on crazy wages either, and with our crock pot of CBs we could do much worse than keeping him. His loan last season was because he wanted regular starts, and Ole couldn't promise him that. Now they have had the test sample, time to buy the full package.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Ed’s amazing at monitoring. He’s a voyeur. Reminds me of a channel 5 classic I used to watch back in my hormonal teenage days about a guy that was a home security installer and he installed spy cameras in this super hot woman’s house and watched her shag lots of blokes (and a couple of women). She knew obviously. Great film........
:lol::lol::lol: Literally remember this. Classic! Was trying to remember the name of it a while back :lol:
The Caf should organise a watch-a-long :lol:

Pavl3n

It depends on what drives Smalling, is it money or to play football. To me, it seems like football.

I am sure we have an agreement saying £15/20m and we will sell, which is why Roma keep coming back low balling United hoping we will sell for less. I wouldn't be surprised if come the last week they match our fee.
They don't have much money, do they? So I also think Smalling's motivation is football, rather than money.
I just went through their transfer history on transfermarkt. One summer they would have a net profit of around €40m, next two summers their net spent would sum up to around €30m.
And there's massive turnaround of players. 5-6 players going in and out every year.
So far they've spent 40 and sold for 10, they're trying to save every penny they can. It's quite possible he leaves at the end of the window as you said.

rotherham_red

I guess Smalling really enjoyed his time in Rome. I am sure there would be at least 2 or 3 PL clubs who would be interested in bringing him for around £20. But when you weigh the prospect of playing for Newcastle and fight for relegation vs playing for Roma and living in Rome - kind of understand him.
We really need to reshape the wage structure at the mid-lower level. Just because we can give those sorts of wages, doesn't mean we should.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
That fee for Smalling is getting lower every time it's reported. By this time next week, we're going to be paying them.

£20m or keep him. We could use him in the squad more than 9 or 10m Euros. That kind of money doesn't even buy you a good Championship player now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Smalling more or less coming out and saying he only wants to go back to Roma hasn't done us any favours at all. There was interest from Newcastle and one other unnamed PL club apparently but he only wants to go to Roma. They know this and are just using that info to take the pee basically. And add on that Woodward and/or our transfer team are a total joke and basically the whole world knows it.

We rarely ever get a bargain on any new signings and we always give our players away cheap. Teams see Woodward and Judge coming a mile off.

Jev

Surely we're not selling Smalling for 10 million euros. Why not just invite him to challenge for a starting spot and save the money on a new CB. It would be hard to get someone better than Smalling for less than 50 million. It just doesn't make sense. He could form a strong partnership with Maguire and make all the talk of a new CB moot.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Imagine there'll be much more noise once internationals are done with. All very quiet right now.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Can’t see why you are all keeping the point with Smalldini at Roma here, making a very minor transaction much bigger than it is? €5m less are not going to change your finances for sure, and you had madman Conte from pennypinchers country wiping so much of your deadwood in recent times already. #FreeChris , let him enjoy the Colosseo, the sun and pizzas over here. :wenger:

Blood Mage

I'm finding the outrage over Smalling's potential fee to Roma odd as well. Surely shifting deadwood and slashing the wage bill is more important than making an extra £10million from a sale?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Cheap bastards they are but leave him off, give him his move. He's a good guy, is not in Ole's plans and it's another chunk of wages freed up. Keep that business moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.