Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Racing Club's owner Victor Blanco drops hints about the club pursuing Sergio Romero.

A player who comes from European football doesn’t come to make an economic difference and always has the doors open, as is the case with Sergio. You have to come for the shirt, for the feeling of belonging and for wanting to give something back to the club that saw you grow up.

Some boys lived difficult moments or didn’t live the ideal time at the academy. Perhaps, it’s a time when they can come to enjoy what they couldn’t as kids.
This reads more like an emotional plea to Romero rather than a potential transfer hint.

Krisbijoy

This reads more like an emotional plea to Romero rather than a potential transfer hint.
Indeed.

IMO he still has a few years left in him to be first choice at a midtable club at one of the major european leagues before going back home. Although I have my suspicions that he might get exposed once he starts playing at that level week in week out.

dinostar77

Won't meet a 30 million valuation, come on that can't be true. He's just helped guide Sevilla to the Europa League.

He's worth 30 million if Chilwell is worth 50 mill....
Nothing wrong with a lowball offer or two. Real Madrid are struggling financially. It would be the same as what other clubs have done to valencia this summer and lowballed some of their best players.

Blood Mage

Thought the same about him from that EL semi final and been seeing a few posts similar. Not sure what's the play here , are we trying to provide competition to Brandon Williams ? If he can't replace/cover for Shaw any better than Williams , then even at 30m, thats a lot of money for an average signing unless there is raw potential .
Come on now Reguilon may not be as good as a fully fit Luke Shaw but he's comfortably better than Williams. And Shaw will pick up an injury at some point around christmas time at least guaranteed.

Withnail

Thought the same about him from that EL semi final and been seeing a few posts similar. Not sure what's the play here , are we trying to provide competition to Brandon Williams ? If he can't replace/cover for Shaw any better than Williams , then even at 30m, thats a lot of money for an average signing unless there is raw potential .
We need a back up for Shaw. He's the only natural left back we have. Williams can do a job but he's very young and isn't very comfortable on the left.

In the warm-up game he brought Williams on at RB and there's talk of selling Dalot and loaning out Laird. It seems to me the plan is to get a naturally left-sided full back in and have Williams as back up to AWB.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Most of you may not care, but this is technically within the rules of the thread, and it concerns my local club.

@limerickcitykid for visibility

@Klopper76 Do you know anything about him? All I know is that he's a left back (so he'll compete with Justin Morrow and Laryea/Auro), and he made an appearance in Liverpool's League Cup loss last season.

Krisbijoy

Come on now Reguilon may not be as good as a fully fit Luke Shaw but he's comfortably better than Williams. And Shaw will pick up an injury at some point around christmas time at least guaranteed.
I will concede that I have seen him only for a grant total of one game and some Spain highlights. I was going by the few too many posts on here which mentions him as poor defensively and just ok going forward , which didn't sound a lot better than what Williams offers . I hope you are right for the sake of the team and yes, we do badly need a reliable cover for LB.

GJNJ

If we are missing out on Sancho, then a Bale loan would be ok I guess. But it goes against everything that Ole is supposed to be building. He’d probably have some moments of magic but also injured or golfing enough to ensure Greenwood gets enough starts.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Most of you may not care, but this is technically within the rules of the thread, and it concerns my local club.

@Klopper76 Do you know anything about him? All I know is that he's a left back (so he'll compete with Justin Morrow and Laryea/Auro), and he made an appearance in Liverpool's League Cup loss last season.
Reported for posting transfers no one cares about.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If Sancho isn’t happening, I’d happily take Bale on loan for less than 50% of his wages.
If he’s injured or not contributing we can send him back. If he plays to his best, I don’t think many would complain.
50% of his wages is still probably more than any of our other players bar maybe De Gea.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

It’s actually not within the rules of the thread. It’s not a major league and it’s not like they are signing Salah.
I’ll let this one slide

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Just saw a good point someone made on Twitter. What feck is going on? We want Thiago, won't pay his wages, want Reguilón, don't want to pay the fee and want Sancho, but don't want to pay the fee. These transfer stories just embarrass our club because the people working on the deals seem totally inept. It's almost like we're linked to these players to keep the fans entertained but in reality we're not serious about any of them as we just don't want to spend the money. Feckin ridiculous. I feel sorry for Ole. Trying to compete with one hand tied behind his back.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
People settling for Bale just shows how much of a panic is being created. You wanna pay 300k pw for someone who is always injured?

Poor poor planning from the clowns incharge.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

David Alaba himself has spoken on the current situation.

Translation:
Now Alaba speaks (at Bild) - "A few statements hurt me"
Unfortunately, the article itself is behind a paywall, so there's no way for me to summarise all of his quotes.

EDIT: More quotes

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Its not a bad option, a loan deal for Bale, he helps us out for a year and he fecks off back to Madrid next summer, when we can afford a right winger.
Provided Madrid covers at least half of his wages.
Why would United be in a better financial position to sign a right winger next summer? Stadiums are extremely unlikely to be full for the whole season. The financial position will get worse, not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.