Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifictheme

No wonder this new contract takes eons. I fear it would be better to let Alaba walk instead of paying that outrageous sum, which would just encourage parasites in the future.
Agreed. Bayern should tell the player to get rid of his agent or no deal at all.

I think it's about time agents fees from the football club side were scrapped. They should be paid by the people they represent, the footballers.
Would still end up getting paid by the club indirectly as the players would demand more. Sadly.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
So the new narration is Bayern being a State entity, with Germany bulldozing the continent in football as well? :lol:

LordNinio

Agreed. Bayern should tell the player to get rid of his agent or no deal at all.

Would still end up getting paid by the club indirectly as the players would demand more. Sadly.
To an extent possibly, but I don't think the full amount will be passed on, better for the club to pay it in wages monthly too, rather than lump sums. Something definitely needs to be done though, it's getting to the point they can hold the sport to ransom essentially.

D4X73r

20M€ for what? extending a contract? and the player don't see a cent of this? Bayern could get a new player for that fee alone.
For all I like Alaba, but there is so much wrong with this extension. the amount of money he wants and this fee, he should look for PSG, City or Chelsea to get this

Dr. StrangeHate

I don't get it. Is an agent's input to a player really worth 20 mil. I understand that most players are massive idiots with no other skill than football. I guess an agent almost acts as a life coach/butler for them taking care of their every need. But 20 million still seems steep for that.

pacifictheme

To an extent possibly, but I don't think the full amount will be passed on, better for the club to pay it in wages monthly too, rather than lump sums. Something definitely needs to be done though, it's getting to the point they can hold the sport to ransom essentially.
Yeah the word parasite has rarely been so apt.

pacifictheme

I don't get it. Is an agent's input to a player really worth 20 mil. I understand that most players are massive idiots with no other skill than football. I guess an agent almost acts as a life coach/butler for them taking care of their every need. But 20 million still seems steep for that.
I think in this instance the agent is basically taking the club for a ride.

fezzerUTD

We should pay them additional 10 million to commit to stay away from Martial or Bruno. Rashford and Greenwood are homegrown so less worried about them.
Because you can do that in the real world.

Adamsk7

I really want Reguilon as long as he wants to be at Utd for the duration of his contract. I have no qualms with him wanting a return to Real at some point but I’d hate to get a good player in (and he’s really good IMO) who is going to agitate for a move in three seasons.
The one plus is that Real have Mendy who is unlikely to be dislodged from left back any time soon.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We should pay them additional 10 million to commit to stay away from Martial or Bruno. Rashford and Greenwood are homegrown so less worried about them.
Bruno wouldn't leave. Worried about Martial or Pogba for sure.

Martial - genuinely worried about 2022 summer.

M4YON

They want a bidding war to start with other clubs next season IMO but it's going to bite them in the arse because clubs are going to be feeling even more tightening on the purse strings as coronavirus is going nowhere soon.

No €120 million for Dortmund.

K Stand Knut

I think we can all forget the Sancho deal. I knew we were losing money but feck me 5mil per game is a massive loss. Before January we will lose 70 mil. That is Sancho money.
I haven’t read the article so apologies in advance maybe but where the figures of losing £5m/game come from??

that is a made up figure from somewhere. Arsenal used to have the highest match day revenue at approximately £1m per home game. There is no way we have increased that 5 fold in any period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.