Transfer Tweets - 2020/21 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Bruce

We need something to distract the fans from yesterday though...
If we're going to panic buy spending 65m then we should do it with a target that we're interested in bringing in next season eg upmecano

At least then it's a legitimate target that is part of our long term plan who will also help address our biggest problem in our team, the defence

Mr. Ant

Most sensible thing he's ever said.

Woodward should be removed from the club all together. He's been an absolute disaster and doesn't learn.
I don't think it really matters who's in Woodward's place if all transfers have to go through the owners. It creates a giant bottleneck.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't think it really matters who's in Woodward's place if all transfers have to go through the owners. It creates a giant bottleneck.
We need to get them out too.

Fans need to Boycott the club. It's the only way. We're going to be in this endless cycle of 6th place, investment, top 4, lack of investment, 6th place, sack manager and around and round we go.

Anyone who gets a season ticket for 2021 22 season is now part of the problem. You're the ones keeping them at the club. I used to be and had to learn the hard way. I won't step back inside the ground ever again until they're gone.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If we're going to panic buy spending 65m then we should do it with a target that we're interested in bringing in next season eg upmecano

At least then it's a legitimate target that is part of our long term plan who will also help address our biggest problem in our team, the defence
I absolutely agree. But our board are idiots

Steve Bruce

I absolutely agree. But our board are idiots
Yep. Completely inept.

They'd rather sign a big name injury prone player few want on massive money, than buy a young top defender paying over the odds.

If we're going to waste money, we should do it on players we want & need

Mr. Ant

We need to get them out too.

Fans need to Boycott the club. It's the only way. We're going to be in this endless cycle of 6th place, investment, top 4, lack of investment, 6th place, sack manager and around and round we go.

Anyone who gets a season ticket for 2021 22 season is now part of the problem. You're the ones keeping them at the club. I used to be and had to learn the hard way. I won't step back inside the ground ever again until they're gone.
Yes they need to go but on the other hand I really don't want us to become another puppet of an oil country like Saudi Arabia for example.

Glazers are horrible owners it looks like they don't give a shit or can't manage this club properly but I'm not sure if I'm okay with the alternative.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yes they need to go but on the other hand I really don't want us to become another puppet of an oil country like Saudi Arabia for example.

Glazers are horrible owners it looks like they don't give a shit or can't manage this club properly but I'm not sure if I'm okay with the alternative.
I never wanted that either but I'd take it over these parasites now. No more debt. No more Woodward.

Might be Chinese owners too. Plenty of filthy rich people over there and we are the biggest club in China.

CG1010

Re: Dembele, one possible solution could be to loan him with an option to buy at the end of next season, but as a concession to Barcelona, pay them a small fee like $10 million or so for loaning him this season. Otherwise don't know if we have enough time for "you have to buy him outright" vs "no we want him on loan only" to be resolved today.

CG1010

So according to the two tweets, we have following potential transfer activity today:

Incomings:
1. Tellis
2. Cavani
3. Dembele/Sancho
4. Amad Traore
5. Pellistri

Outgoings:
1. Smalling
2. Rojo
3. Romero

If all of this happens, would this be the busiest transfer window deadline ever for a club?

gorky_utd

I think Telles, Cavani and Pellistri is certain to be done. Dembulance will be extra but I hope we go for one surprise cb signing.

macheda14

Why not just use his actual tweet?

Because the other tweet has all the info in the article that pertains to United and wasn’t included in Ornstein’s tweet - the stuff about Pellistri and Traore.

Status
Not open for further replies.