• Real Madrid strongest link
    • Barcelona, Chelsea, Liverpool, United, and PSG all interested
  • Patson Daka
    • Arsenal
    • Liverpool
    • Spurs
    • City

Anustart89

fecking hell, that's awful for them. I mean, they could just have sold Messi this past summer and 5 weeks of his wages would've covered that if they're that skint.

And surely Memphis will want a signing-on fee which won't be much lower than that €5m if they end up battling for his signature on a free transfer this summer.

NYAS

fecking hell, that's awful for them. I mean, they could just have sold Messi this past summer and 5 weeks of his wages would've covered that if they're that skint.

And surely Memphis will want a signing-on fee which won't be much lower than that €5m if they end up battling for his signature on a free transfer this summer.
That won’t be an issue. Memphis Depay isn’t going to risk a move to Barcelona by demanding too big of a signing bonus. It’s about leverage.

If this was about a better player then sure.

Pep's Suit

If Font's elected then Koeman will be sacked asap anyway. Would Xavi want Depay? I don't think.

SkybrokenPendulum

Xavi is not coming at the winter. Neither will Font win the elections. Whatever the guy promised, it was proven wrong.
EDIT: Also, I don't believe that Xavi will be a successful coach. You ve seen what happened with Pirlo

Anustart89

That won’t be an issue. Memphis Depay isn’t going to risk a move to Barcelona by demanding too big of a signing bonus. It’s about leverage.

If this was about a better player then sure.
Do you think he's that desperate for Barca specifically that he'd turn down €10m from another club? Genuinely asking, don't know whether Memphis has some extra sort of affinity towards Barca.

NYAS

Do you think he's that desperate for Barca specifically that he'd turn down €10m from another club? Genuinely asking, don't know whether Memphis has some extra sort of affinity towards Barca.
I just meant that I don’t think any other club as big as Barcelona would be in for him

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

On an individual technical level we are behind a few teams, we are not ready to compete for the top but we don't deserve the spot in the table we're in. There are some players who are unhappy, starting with Cutrone, we will look to satisfy them. He is young, he wants to play and we'll try to find the right solution for him together. Milik and Piatek in this moment are not players who would be the right fit for us to get, even though they are two great players who would offer us a lot. But they would block the growth of Vlahovic. We also have high expectations for Kouame, he started off very well but after such a long injury layoff there are down times and that is normal.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Jorginho's agent expects his client to go back to Italy at the end of his contract.

Source: Radio Kiss Kiss via Corriere dello Sport

It was a great year for Jorge, he did very well in the national team as well. Next year there will be the European Championship, where he hopes to do very well with Italy. As for Chelsea, they are not very well placed in the table now, but being a young team, it takes time.

[H]e would certainly like to return to Italy at the end of the contract.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Might be interesting short term for a year option, for us.
Perhaps, but I only see him doing well as a McTominay replacement. His ability on the ball is still good, and he is good at timing his positions and runs.

I see two problems, though:
  • Wages (unless he has the hunger and drive to prove himself like Cavani)
  • Adapting to the Premier League's intensity
    • He does tend to get closed down easier than other skilled midfielders similar to his age
    • Lack of quickness on the ball
    • Possibly like Matic in that sense
If we are to go after him, it's if he doesn't accept big wages and is accepting of a smaller role in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.